Public Enemies Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I watched Public Enemies (absolutely fantastic film, by the way), starring Johnny Depp, on Blu Ray yesterday and was taken aback at how classy the soundtrack was. It was very upbeat, yet had tinges of melancholy that went well with the story's premise. I downloaded a few tracks on iTunes and was even more impressed at how they sounded when isolated from the film. Anybody else have a chance to get ahold of a complete soundtrack for the movie?
  2. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I loved it too. I think it is easily one of Goldenthal's finest scores. I love the folksy sounds he uses during Pretty Boy Floyd's chase. It sounds like a banjo hehe
  3. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, there was definitely some banjo thrown into that beautiful mess somewhere. :p
  4. juliant Jedi Knight

Elliot Goldenthal has given beautiful score...he was also associated with Michael Mann during Heat and got critical acclaim for that...soundtrack was given keeping in mind the depression period and he produced that effect of 1930s period in a nice way...
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.