main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Public Enemy #1...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hi SC!

And sorry I was gone QGD, I was just PMing, a NOT SO FEMINIST Mod... hehe...

2. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    hehe catch up with the guys... JGOC has been betrayed by her own!

god im funny

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I would think we probably set a record for at least Denver today, possibly the Southwest, I think we've put pretty close to 1000 today.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, and I'm almost to 2600... :eek:

5. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    lol i thought you forgot the S when you said "i was just PMing..."

but hey its all in good fun.. and if i get banned, how am i supposed to come to meetings so you can "have your way with me?" plus im chunks apprentice

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hehe... you shall see what's coming...

7. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    (i wonder if im banned yet)

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well it takes time for the Mods to get their work orders together... :p

9. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    and my mom said id never been #1 at anything...

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well here's your first shot at being a wanted criminal! ;)

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Quick Nickel on the topic:

Driving Women: I've been driving since the age of 12 (I was a very tall kid, w/ a cool Grandfather) and I have a whopping total of 2 tickets. The last one was in 1995, whenI had to go pick up my little bother's (not a SP mistake) girlfriend for his graduation, because he forgot to pick her up (the ticket was for 6 miles over the speed limit @ the I-25/I-225 SB Junction). The first one was for going through a stop sign, after an ice storm when I was 16, it was reduced to a Faulty Vehicle ticket, because the Judge lived in the next neighborhood and knew what the streets were like that week. My male counterparts, have had licenses removed, many times, several accidents (I was hit once by a Pinto while driving a Plymouth TrailDuster, which picked it up two feet and pushed it 8, since they were doing about 50 on a residential, a guy by the way) and countless speeding tickets. And if you think it's because I don't drive much, keep dreaming, I was an OTR truck driver for a year. Plus I have driven to Maryland & back 7 times, Baton Rouge once, Salt Lake City twice, various Wyoming locations too many times than I can count, Sante Fe 3 times, College Station 3 times & Roswell twice. Not to mention the bi-weekly trips I made when I was a truck driver to places like Texas, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Utah & Kansas; or the weekly trips I made in HS to Woodland Park to work on a horse ranch every weekend for about 18 months.
    Conclusion: Your assumptions are based on folklore and supposition, w/ no imperical data to prove your claim. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

12. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    that just cause cops are smart enough not to pull a woman over and ticket her. they teach them to avoid that kind of conflict. no need to send out the swat team for a speeding ticket.

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    They pull any tractor trailer over for speeding, because the fines are twice what a passenger car has to pay, sorry to tear down your theory.

14. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    man you done a little bit of everything havent you jen?

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    It's called experiencing life. I wasn't in any shape to go to college after HS, I think I may have spontaneously combusted if I had, so I tried some other stuff. The truck driving was a good way to make great money for a short peroid to let me start college w/o signing my life away to financial aid. I lucked into this job and now they are paying for school as a benefit.

Let's see jobs I've had:

Dental Office Assistant
    Foreman @ a Plastic Injection Mold Factory
    CNA @ a Nursing Home
    Waitress/Cook between 3 restaurants
    Guest Service Clerk/Video Manager @ King Soopers
    EMT-B & Dispatch Operator @ Ambulance Service, Co.
    OTR Truck Driver
    Manager @ a Convenience Store
    Administrative Assistant & a Lease & Data Administrator for a Real Estate Invesment & Management Company

Now, some of those jobs were simultaneous, to be young and stupid again. When I was at KS I worked 40 hrs there and another 30-50 @ the Amb. Company.

16. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    okay, I have no doubt that you're a very good driver Jen, but your argument doesn't fly with me.

Ticket counts don't show how good or bad of a driver you are. They show how lucky you are and how many times you got caught speeding. I've sped before, but I've never had a ticket, what does that say about my driving ability? absolutely nada.

Also, every female I've ever known has been able to worm their way out of tickets after they've been pulled over. Guys? Not likely.

Wrecking is also not always the clue. Many wrecks occur because someone is avoiding running into some idiot that cut them off or who wasn't paying attention (ironically it's the person paying attention that wrecks because they're avoiding the idiot in the other car). Now maybe someone else has had different experience with this, but over the last 4 weeks, I've been cut off like 10 times, almost run into 3 times, witnessed 3 people getting rear ended b/c the person behind them just wasn't paying attention, and of course I was almost backed into in a parking lot twice. How many of those were the result of an inattentive FEMALE driver? All but 2.

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    And that doesn't include my volunteer jobs.

Ames ES Drama Program Coordinator
    Girl Scout Leader
    Shop Foreman & Tech Director for HS Drama Dept.
    Tech Director for the Town Hall Art Center production of A Christmas Carol (long time ago)
    Student Athletic Trainer in HS
    Atheltic Trainer & Emergency Med. Support for the AHS Non-Varisty Football Teams for 2 Years (when my little bother (no SP error) was on the teams).
    Atheltic Trainer & Emergency Med. Support for the AYL Warriors Football Team for 4 years(when my other little bother was on the team).
    Softball Coach - mostly the 13-14 Girls Rec League @ South Suburban, but also 1 year of 8-9 year olds instructional league (unisex), off an on since HS.
    Cook @ the Urban Peak Youth Shelter
    Computer Lab Instructor @ the Urban Peak Youth Shelter.
    Booster Member & volunteer w/ the AHS Girl's Swimming & Diving Team (my little sister)
    Emergency Support for the Holly Park Sharks Swim Club for 6 years (also a volunteer w/ the refreshments table)
    1999 AHS After-Prom Committee volunteer (my little sister).

Some of this is because there is a pretty decent age difference between me and my siblings. Jason = 4 years, Justin = 7 years & Jesika = 11 years. And yes, our folks were & are very twisted, since our middle names all start w/ J too.

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I lived through this last night with two teenagers, i'm not going through this with people my own age. Zoo, i'm going to assume Chunk's doing it for the same reason QGD did it to JGOC last night, because you'll bite. Chunk, women will get angry at this kind of comment, and take it seriously, rightfully so.

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Look at the statistics JD, "at fault" rates among male drivers is much higher than females. Also, just look at the insurance rates. Mine have consistently been lower than male counterparts up until I hit 30. But that's because male actuaries believe that an unmarried woman over 30 has less to live for and therefore must drive badly. And yes this is the real reason they hike the rates for unmarried women over 30. But my rates are still lower than a male under the age of 25, unmarried or married (coincidentally, married males under the age of 25 pay the highest average insurance rates).

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I just wanted to join in w/ some righteous indignation, and bring a little class to the argument. Besides, venting is fun.

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oh, and the people who make insurance rates are wise and all knowing. these are they same people who until it was made illegal would charge higher rates if you were a hairdresser! (okay, bad example b/c that actually makes sense, but you know what I mean).

My rates are higher than anybody I know right now...I've had 0 wrecks, 0 tickets, 0 ANYTHING...absolutely 100% babybutt clean driving record...insurance rates are not an argument for me either :) try again.

(and your statistics don't help anything either, a male swerving to miss an inattentive female and running into someone else is still considered at fault.)

22. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I started out to give them a hard time but I realy am impressed by the amount of things jen has done,

23. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    WOW, if you guys knew me better you'd know how weird it feels the be the voice of political correctness :)

24. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, this is just a fun argument. I hope jen isn't really taking all this seriously...

I grew up in a house ted by females (dad was always at work so I was stuck at home with mom and two older sisters)...so I argued this stuff all the time w/ them, just to get them to shut up (I was always better @ arguing than them, even if they knew more than me).

25. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    they will always argue with you if they think they have a chance of proving you wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.