main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Public Opinion of AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Lord_Hydronium, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    if anyone has proven that nothing is final in the films of the saga its lucas.

SE anyone?

2. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    You seek solace, yes? You wish to embrace the loving will of the Classic Trilogy? Everything you seek, everything you want, can be found here in this link. Have fun now! :)

Classic Trilogy

3. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Just to clarify, I think people say "the prequels suck as bad as the OT"... as in... they don't really suck at all.

I'm pretty sure that's what the argument means.

And if Lucas chnges anything in the future it will be his own decision. No outside influence ESP. from some disgruntled fan-boys on the JC.

Lucas doesn't mesh with what popular opinion is. Otherwise the prequels would be non-stop explosions and lightsaber duels from beginning to end with a little shakespeare-like dialogue here and there.

4. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Critics lambasted the dialogue and acting in each of these movies.

I never saw their point.

5. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I could make George's work better.

Sure you could. [rolls_eyes]

6. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I could make George's work better.

For some strange reason I now think Bashers who claim to be able to produce better work than Lucas are jealous of his success.

7. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Durwood, we ALL could. ;)

Star Wars is proof positive that you CAN please all of the people all of the time. :D

8. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
  9. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Gomer, you're missing the point. Asking whether I deserve to like TPM is like asking whether I deserve to like candy bars. These movies are a product one can buy, and if I can afford it, I have a right to comment on its quality.

Gomer, do you deserve to enjoy this message board?

10. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    "Asking whether I deserve to like TPM is like asking whether I deserve to like candy bars. These movies are a product one can buy, and if I can afford it, I have a right to comment on its quality."

You do have a point to comment on quality of products but that doesn't mean bashers can attempt to tear down his work and examine it to the point of madness. [face_plain]

11. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    Who's mad?

12. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    Anyone who devotes part of their life to a film they don't even like and examine everything about it and bash it!

Edit: life

13. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm not devoting my life to it. I'm just making some comments in my free time.

Besides, I could easily turn that around and say "Gushers praise the film to the point of madness," but I won't, since I don't believe that.

14. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I wasn't referring to you.

15. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I just watched AOTC again at a dollar theater here and it has only reaffirmed my belief that Lucas knows exactly what he is doing. I admit that sometimes the story is a little dry in both AOTC and TPM but quite frankly I don't necessarily watch these movies because of their Acadamy Award winning qualities. I watch these movies because they transport me to a galaxy far, far away.

How can you watch the "Duel of the Fates" or the Geonosis battle without thinking that these movies make you feel just like you did when you first watched the OT?

16. JenX

JenX Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Vezner

How can you watch the "Duel of the Fates"...without thinking that these movies make you feel just like you did when you first watched the OT?

Hey, I loved the "Duel of the Fates", but (unfortunately) that only accounts for about 8 minutes of the film.

17. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Ok, then what about the Pod race? What about the underwater scenes of Otogunga? What about the Coruscant senate scenes? etc etc etc... I'm sorry but TMP was a good movie (unless you are a nazi movie critic). :mad:

AOTC was good too. I will admit that I got bored during the love scenes but quite frankly I had the same problem in ESB. There is little difference to me. If you aren't a hardcore movie critic and you just let yourself get drawn into the movie you will enjoy it despite the "bad acting."

I think that most of the problem with the critics of the PT is that they were kids during the OT and now that they are adults they rip things apart because of their new "judgement" on life and movies. If you were a kid you would love these movies as much as you did the OT.

18. flagg

flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 1999
    "Flagg, I'll add you to the list of everyone I know who can write better dialogue than Lucas."

Thanks, Jabba! I may quibble with your quibbles about the prequels, but you're ALLLLL RIGHHHHT! :)

19. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    Wow. I'm a Nazi AND a movie critic. I learn something new about myself everyday.

20. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    Heil Hitler Ebert...I mean Elfstar! :p

21. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    If you take offense at my comment then maybe you have a guilty conscience for persecuting your friendly neighborhood Lucas? 8-}

22. ElfStar

Mar 24, 2001
    The old guilty concience thing again eh? :p

Oh and I take offense at that Ferel. I can stand Nazi accusations, but calling someone Ebert is just plain cruel. :p

23. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Well a HOLLYWOOD movie would never have so many obvious grammatical goofs as AOTC does. Hooray for Hollywood!

24. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I apologize if I have offended any fans of overweight movie critics! ;)

25. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    "If you take offense at my comment then maybe you have a guilty conscience for persecuting your friendly neighborhood Lucas?"

or maybe you are being just plain offensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.