main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Public Opinion of AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Lord_Hydronium, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    No don't bash him he dose not have to like the PT.

2. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    But why do you demand that Star Wars fans treat a bad Star Wars movie the way they would any other bad movie?

Um, common sense? If you don't like a movie then why would repeated viewings inspire you to change your opinion? This is the logic that eludes me.

3. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Again there is no loigc there. It is something that will never make sense. So don't hurt you mind thinking about it. Because in the end they just wasted there own money. Just let it go Durwood. Just let it go.

4. Logansmiddleclaw

Logansmiddleclaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    "But why do you demand that Star Wars fans treat a bad Star Wars movie the way they would any other bad movie?

Um, common sense? If you don't like a movie then why would repeated viewings inspire you to change your opinion? This is the logic that eludes me."

Star Wars must have some kind of narcotic effect. If you hate, you must have it. Kinda like Gollum to the one Ring. He hates and loves the ring.

5. Durwood

May 18, 2002
    "We hatessss that greedy Lucasssss. We hatesss him, my precious! But we love him, yesssss, we loves him!" says the basher as he sits there stroking his copy of Attack Of The Clones on DVD.

6. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    "Um, common sense? If you don't like a movie then why would repeated viewings inspire you to change your opinion? This is the logic that eludes me."

ask gomer that question... he always says you need to see it again.

if you think im in a bad mood, 2, then you are totally misreading my posts. im usually laughing inside as i post and read this stuff. we are just discussing a movie after all.

7. Only_2

Only_2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    you are not discussing anything, DrE. You are not posting in other threads that talk about what scenes meant or where the characters and the next movie is going. You are in all the argument threads, arguing. Don't try to pretend you're doing any thing but that.

8. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    And I ask him like I will ask all bashers can you just once come in to a thread and not bash people for liking the PT or SE. Also for some people like seeing the SE on the big screen was cool why. Because I was not old enough when they 1st came out.

9. Merkel

Merkel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    As much as I love the PT (as much as the OT, maybe even a little more), there's no question that the OT is more popular, but this may not be due to the quality of the films. OT came out in a time when the movie market was not filled up with big sfx driven blockbusters, in a time when the audience still hadn't seen much, in a time when the audience was more easily impressionable.
    Whether one loves the PT or not, the OT is more popular. Only time will tell if the PT will reach the same status in a few years (I drink to that).
    No matter how good the PT would've been, it could never have had the early impact of Star Wars: A New Hope. It simply could not have happened.

10. Durwood

May 18, 2002
    if you think im in a bad mood, 2, then you are totally misreading my posts.

That was in response to somebody else.

Besides, I have no idea what your mood is. I'm just responding to words on a screen.

11. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    i was responding to Only_2. i called him 2 for short, sorry if that was confusing.

"you are not discussing anything, DrE. You are not posting in other threads that talk about what scenes meant or where the characters and the next movie is going. You are in all the argument threads, arguing. Don't try to pretend you're doing any thing but that."

that is your opinion. i dont post in those other threads becasue i feel that they are discussing things that arent there, merely ideas and concepts that they are reading into the fillms. if any of it was lucas's intent, he is doing a terrible job with the execution. so i stay out, no need to disrupt their discussion by telling them its all hyprbole.

and please tell me where i am bashing individuals for liking the PT. i dont even use the term gusher if i can avoid it. im sorry if some people take criticism of lucas and the PT so personally that they consider it personal bashing. not my problem.

12. Dark_Terror

Dark_Terror Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Think most of the public saw it as another popcorn movie.

13. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    That's all it was, wasn't it?

14. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    That's all it was, wasn't it?

That's all they all were, OT and PT.

15. Darth_Sprocket

Darth_Sprocket Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    My opinion of AOTC is that it is the most beautifully shot film, ever. The SFX/cinematogrophy is "out-of-this-world". That keeps me happy, regardless of the "sappy" romantic dialoge. All the SW films had 1930s-1940s style dialoge, anyway. AOTC is no different. People who complain about that aspect of the PT miss the point entirely. To each his own.

16. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    That's all they all were, OT and PT.

Don't you agree that those deconstructionist "symbolism of AOTC" threads are pretty ridiculous?

17. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I would say if you didn't like TPM you might see it again and change your mind, but only if you want to like it.

18. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    Don't you agree that those deconstructionist "symbolism of AOTC" threads are pretty ridiculous?

No, that's closed mindedness. Just because something is light in appearance does not mean that it is not deep in meaning. I don't want to claim I could explain art to you Tokyo. I feel anything I say would be lost on you anyhow.

19. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    "Oh, differences of opinion we can handle. It's the self-righteous superiority complex that often accompanies a negative opinion that we can't stand."

Look in the mirror Durwood.

20. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    Only_2 do you have the ability to post without calling another member closed minded or otherwise questioning their character?

from the overwhelming majority of your posts that attack others here personally, i would have to guess your answer is no.

are you here to discuss star wars or just bash any user who you disagree with?

21. Plankton4All

Plankton4All Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2002
    I think the extremely mixed public reaction to Ep II is a poor indicator as to how good this film is. I personally rate it right behind Empire, above jedi. I think if PM had been stronger clones would have done a lot better. True Fans loved clones. People who enjoy shows like the West Wing and Will & Grace were less likely to dig deep enough into the plot line to see past the FX. Given the long list of disapointing elements of the PM Clones definatly got us back in the Game.

22. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    "I think the extremely mixed public reaction to Ep II is a poor indicator as to how good this film is."

but an excellent indicator of how a lot of people didnt like it very much!

23. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    I think the extremely mixed public reaction of AOTC is extremely exaggerated by people who think that if they show that most people didn't like AOTC who saw it, that will somehow canonize their opinions of AOTC as facts.

DrE., you love to point out that I'm attacking people, but you seem to have the inate inability to answer questions I've posed about the validity of your claims.

Tokyo was trying to get me to say that since I look at Star Wars in general as "popcorn" movies, that people who find symbolism in them are foolish. That is a closed-minded argument for which there is no need to continue down that line of thinking without it turning into a flame war. But I'm the one attacking? These movies can be both "popcorn" entertainment and deeply meaningful, it's all in the interpretation. It's the people who use their own interpretation to point out how another person is somehow stupid that I find reprehensible.

24. Plankton4All

Plankton4All Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2002
    I would NOT say a lot of people didn't like EPII. I would say a lot of people do NOT like the Donahue show. Out of all the people that I know only two did not like it at all and they are at the bottom of the gene pool anyway.

25. Only_2

May 21, 2002
    ^ he he he.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.