main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Publicity!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WifeofVader, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Ok, so we are not as known as the 501st... let's work on getting our name out there!

Here are some things that I think we can do to get our FF group out there and get more people involved. Remember, these are just thoughts - if we can get together for any of these events with the t-shirts on, then we're getting our name out there.

Relay for Life - this is an event that takes place over certain weekends, usually in early spring. We could enter and raise money as team "Massachusetts Imperial Syndicate" and hang out banner outside of our tents, etc.

MDA - We could raise money (somehow) for the MDA and donate it at the Labor Day Marathon....

We could go to group Paw Sox and/or Sharks games, etc. and have the jumbotron guy put our name and website up there during the games.

If we have local access channels on our cable channels (Marlborough is channels 8 & 10) we can throw up our banner and website with a "join us" message.

Labor Day weekend in Marlborough hosts a parade in which we could carry our banner, wave, show our pretty/handsome faces, hand out a bunch of candy and get awareness out there that way. Yes, there's a fee but, you know what - there's a fee for SMF too.

These are, as I like to say, my two pennies. The only way to get our name out there is to actually do it.

Please, share your two pennies. I have this posted over at the MIS as well.

-K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.