main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Publishing Gap in EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedimarine, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Is it just me, or has there been a rather lengthy dry spell here in EU.

Seems like the Force Heretic Series ended a LONG time ago, and we are waiting and waiting...did the publishers intentionally leave this big gap to build tension for the final stretch.

I don't know...but I am sick of speculation about the last books...lets go!

2. Jedi_Hero

Jedi_Hero Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    But the end of NJO come pretty quickly. We have TFP in Oct and TUF in Nov, don't we? That seems pretty close together.

3. Garimel

Garimel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm pretty sure the next book comes out in October. Late summer is traditionally a calm time in the publishing game... But there's always a glut of new books in the fall.... November and April are the 'big months.' (Note that's when SW HCs come out.)

But I think maybe you need to look into getting some non-SW reading.

4. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    There's non-SW reading?

Huh. Strange... ;)

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I thought TPF was out this month and TUF was either October or November

6. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    TFP and NEGV&V is Sept. 30

TUF is (IIRC) November 15

A month and a half apart, so they are relatively close together compared with earlier entries in the NJO.

7. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I like it. It gives me time to catch up :p (i had to wait for the DW paper back to be released)

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It's like this every fall. There IS non-SW books out there.

9. jedi-master-dearn

jedi-master-dearn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2003
    since when are there non star wars reading out there?? oh yea there was the one tolkien guy.

In regards to SW Hc's coming out in april. there is one in november (TUF) and one in febuary. (zahn's new one)

10. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    i like the lull. It serves as a point for the stragglers to catch up, and for us all to speculate and get excited for the following blast.

11. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Or for us to get bored of waiting...

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    "There's non-SW reading?

Huh. Strange... "

Well, i just finished "Brown Girl in the Ring" by Nalo Hopkinson, and enjoyed it.
    also recently finished "Tales of the Slayer, Volume 2" -- some good stories in there..

13. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    In order to satisfy my hunger for sci-fi, I have been reading the Orphans series. I finished Echoes and am now starting Orphans. Along with TFP for my b-day, I am also getting Evergence: Prodigal Sun and Fortress Draconis. While you guys have only 3 weeks to wait, I have 6. That doesn't mean I won't sneak a peek at the Personae Dramatis, when it finally appears.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've been enjoying the Warhammer 40,000 trilogy "The Inquisition War". Not bad.
    Consists of 'Draco', 'Harlequin', and 'Chaos Child', all by Ian Watson. Am currently just into the third novel. Good escapist space battle books!

15. ElegosAKla

ElegosAKla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    Forgot to add that i am also reading THE THOUSAND ORCS and will be getting THE LONE DROW for my birthday. TTO is really good. I like Drizzt, Regis, Wulfgar, and Bruenor. The scenes with Ivan and Pikel are hillarious.

16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    If it's some good science fiction you're interested in picking up during the interrim, I might suggest Permutation City by Greg Egan, Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash and The Diamond Age, and maybe also Dan Simmons's Hyperion books.

Great stuff, and it's good to broaden your reading horizons beyond Star Wars, every once in a while. :cool:

17. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Not as big a dry spell as between the Lando books and HTTE. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.