main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Pulling the Wool: a Wordy Fic Challenge response- (C-3PO, Mara) Author responses 08/16/06!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Pulling the Wool
    Author: brodiew
    Timeframe: just prior to NJO
    Characters: C-3PO and Mara Jade
    Genre: challenge
    Summary: 3PO has a secret meeting, crashed by his favorite redhead.
    Author note: This a Wordy Fic Challenge response. It was in deed a challenge...and a fun one. thanks to Alley_Skywalker for coming up with this clever, original idea. See that challenge here.

C-3PO waited patiently, ambivalently reviewing the rather apathetically prepared ?read-only? holo-com message he received. The message was full of adulation that accentuated his autonomous nature. It was impossible for him to take pride in the praise, but he his circuits did seem to get a boost in power from the message. The sender thought it would be advantageous for him meet to her in order to arbitrate her asylum in the New Republic. She claimed that no one but him would be able to absolve her of the allegations regarding her anarchist tendencies. He really did not know what to make of it.

He agreed to the meeting, but would rather be rearranging his anthology of Coruscanti Symphonic performances. The sender must have heard of his assiduous attention to detail and his unique amalgamations of the 8 million forms of communication at his fingertips.

?Is that you, 3PO?? said the most aesthetically pleasing female 3PO had ever seen. She embodied the archetype on which the avant-garde Jedi have been modeled. She was known to have a certain acetic manner, when pushed, but her merely saw her as the perfect specimen of a human female. Her appearance had a strange affect on him; his systems seemed run at a higher speed and his limbs seemed to move with greater ease. ?What are you doing here??

Standing, more easily than ever before, C-3PO bowed to the newcomer.

?Yes, Mistress Jade, it is I,? he responded with alacrity. ?I am here to meet a young woman who seeks my assistance.?

?Stars, it?s good to see you out on your own and not tied to serving the Solos every minute of the day,? she said, sitting opposite him.

?It is my greatest love to serve Mistress Leia and her family,? he responded, sitting as well.

Mara rejected the idea of rolling her eyes, knowing it would only upset the droid, and smiled broadly as she appraised the data pad on the table in front of him.

?I know, 3-PO. That was never in question. I remember being a servant, a different kind of servant, perhaps, but none the less, I had a master. I abhorred it.?

?To each their own,? 3-PO said, acrimoniously.

?You are an astute observer, 3-PO. So what does this woman think you can help her with?? Mara asked, eager to change the subject.

3-PO looked down at the data pad.

?She comes from an arid world where an avian species is causing great adversity. The local colonists are trying to farm the land, but the birds are eating the seeds with such abandon, that there is never enough time for the seeds to take. She explains that is not a small local problem, but a worldwide concern.?

Mara put a hand to her chin and rubbed as she looked at the ceiling. C-3PO thought the affectation a little much, but said nothing.

?So, they are no efforts to terra form the colony. I guess they could also aerate the dry soil somehow. Is it not arable? There has to be some method in place to augment the water supply? ?

?Thank you for the suggestions, Mistress Jade, but my concern is not the socio-political climate of this world. Their anthropocentrism is clear. My perceived goal is to alleviate the concern of the sender of this message. There is more to the story. Would you like to hear??

Mara smirked at the droid pretentious nature.

?Of course, 3-PO. Continue.?

?She says that she is a wanted woman because she has taken to killing the avians that are attacking her farm. The government, regardless of the affect on the colonists, has outlawed killing the creatures. This had made her a criminal.?

?So what do you propose to do? Are you going to make a plea to

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Fabulous Brodiew!

Poor Threepio. Always being tortured. It just isn't fair for him.

[face_laugh]

=D=

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was good interaction between Mara and Threepio, brodiew! *Shakes head*

In all seriousness. I don't get Han's attitude to Threepio. Yes, he's annoying, but I never found him to be that bad to warrant such abuse. Ah, well. *Hides 'droid rights NOW!' sign*

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Adorable! How like Han to play a trick like that. Very cute!

5. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Nice job. You included all the neccessary words without making the dialogue toounbelievable and created an engaging story. Color me impressed (but not surprised:) ).

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks for reading everyone. This challenge was particularly fun.

ZaraValinor: Thanks for reading, former padawan! Yes, 3PO takes a lot of abuse, but he takes it in stride.

RK_Striker_JK_5: Thanks, Jon. I appreciate the comments. I agree that 3PO doesn?t deserve the kind of abuse that Han dishes out, but that?s just how this piece ended up.

divapilot: thanks so much, divapilot. Han is a real prankster and when it comes to 3PO, he is extra sithly! [face_devil]

emeraldshadow: Thanks, Marie. You comments are always appreciated. And, yes, a challenge like this will create a little awkwardness to the prose. I?m glad it wasn?t too distracting. :p

7. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Absolutely fantastic! I bow to your superior word usage!

Bravo! =D=

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very funny and great, integrated use of the words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.