main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Punisher Anyone

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Ok the Punisher comes out April 16th, I know that this is the weekend of Star Fest. But we should all get to gether and see it that weekend. Maybe Friday night late at the Continental, or Sunday after the Con.

Or not at all, because I am crazy and too much is going on that weekend.

Just an idea :D

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I like this choice:

Or not at all, because I am crazy and too much is going on that weekend.

;)

I'm guessing we'll all be pretty dead tired (or living dead in P'Josh's case) on Sunday...and Saturday we have to get up early for the panel, so late Friday night would be a bad idea I think...

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Hmm...

April 16th...

THE PUNISHER...

or...

KILL BILL VOLUME TWO???

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Im excited for this movie. Kinda nice that I dont know hardly anything about it. Probably wont see it opening weekend though. Im planning on waiting till the following thursday to see an early show on my birthday.

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Birthdays :D That weekend bad, next week good.
    Friday night I'm going to be in my Con hotel room, having fun, lots of fun.

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Can't wait for KBv2.

I still have nightmares of Dolph Lundren and the first Punisher movie. Still have yet to see the Hulk, too. I might wait until I hear how good/bad it was. As for the Hulk, I think I'll wait til it comes to beta hi-fi.

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I will not be seeing Kill Bill vol. 2...much like I have still never seen Kill Bill vol 1...it's not even worth pirating from what I've seen of the previews.

Punisher, though...I'll definitely be seeing this in the theater.

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'll have to concur on the weekend of the 16th, I pretty much park at the hotel in the afternoon on Friday, and don't leave the hotel until after the Staff party after 10 on Sunday.

On that note, guess who won passes to Witz End Comedy Club...AGAIN!!!!!!

And of course for the weekend of Starcon, they do have a Wednesday show the 14th so I took that, more details later.

9. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I really need to see Kill Bill Vol 2. I think the first one was awsome. The DVD for Kill Bill Vol 1. Comes out this month.

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey, Jeff & I won for that weekend too. LOL

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. I've seen a couple of trailers, and somewhere along the line someone explained the gist of the myth-arc. Looks like it will be kewl.

12. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Kill Bill 2 is going to be sweet,loved the first one I hope it has cool spec.features.

13. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    You'll have to let me know if this is any good. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie. So far the only good comic book movie has been X-men, and X2. Although Spiderman wasn't to bad.

14. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Spider man 2 is going to be better.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    So far the only good comic book movie has been X-men, and X2. Although Spiderman wasn't to bad.

WHAT?!?!?!

Spider-man was friggin great! My top 10 ranking of comicbook movies:

1. X2
    2. Spider-Man
    3. Batman
    4. X-Men
    5. The Crow
    6. Superman
    7. Blade
    8. DareDevil
    9. Hellboy
    10.Blade II

though I'm sure I'm forgetting some that would bump Blade II, lol.

16. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Lol. I just don't like Toby. I did just see the preview for Spider Man 2. It looks like it is going to be pretty good!

17. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Superman and Daredevil made your list but Road to Perdition didn't!?! That's gotta be THE best comic movie ever. Hellboy was pretty great too. EXACTLY like the comic, with very minor changes.

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    did not know road to perdition was a comicbook movie... guess u learn somethin new every day. that was a great friggin flick.

19. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Hm. I wanna see Hellboy again.

They showed some clips of The Punisher on Craig Killborne tonight (the guy that plays the Punisher was the guest), and it looked cheesy. Like, about the same level of high quality "tough" acting as seen in the first Punisher movie. [face_laugh]

20. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm expecting cheesy. I'll probably enjoy the movie either way because I like the Punisher and I like movies, but I dont expect this film to stand out as something special.
    The Staind song in the commercials is already starting to bug me. To soft. If thats how theyre selling the movie, Im a little worried. I was hoping it would be more of a... drowning pools "bodies" kinda movie.

Or... wait. Did they do that in another commercial?

21. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Yes they did and I hate that song. It's in every action movie trailer lol

I think this one is going to suck mostly because there's no Vinnie Jones as the Punisher lol but I'm still gonna see it. Tomorrow night! Woo hoo!

22. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    JD, as an aspiring film maker, I'm surprised at your blatant disdain for Kill Bill. Granted, the slash-fest isn't necessarily for everyone. But, that having been said, at worst case, it's an excellent exercise in filmography.

23. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Kill Bill kicked butt. Excellent choreography, and it's a nice modern day samurai-on-a-quest-for-vengeance story. The uber cheesy monologues are a bit...well...uber cheesy, but that's Tarantino. Kill Bill just WOULD NOT WORK if say, John Woo made it -- it'd just be another forgotten action movie in a sea of samurai-on-a-quest-for-vengeance stories.

24. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    That, and my love for cheesy screen bloodhsed had me giggling to myself not unlike Beavis starting from the restaurant scene, all the way home. I've never seen so many human limbs cut off before in my life.

Hehhehehe...heh heh...hehehehe...COOOOL...

25. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I liked KillBill, too. I have a naughty obsession with Tarantino, though. Hes no David Lynch, but I still enjoy most of his work. I find his films violent yet thought-provoking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.