main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Purchase polystyrene sheets in the UK

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sevv, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Hi,

Im going to risk posting a new thread :) For my university project I am trying to create various plastic suits of armour and the first place that came to mind to ask was here. Unfortunatly I am not making SW costumes but the same techniques are used.

I have done extensive searchs and found very nearly all the information I need, the FAQ's are excellent and various threads have given me answers to previously un answered questions.

However one remains :) I can not find places in the UK that sells the thin sheets of Polystyrene used for Vacuum forming. Places like Homebase, Focus do not and searching on this forum, I can only find places in America who do not ship to the UK.

So I am asking were in the UK can I purchase sheets of polystyrene from? From researching .080 seems to be the favourite depth. I appologise if a thread like this exisits but I could not find one (after alot of time spent searching). Most of the time the search function crashed on me :(

You never know, after this current uni project ill have all the facilties i need to make a StormTrooper costume \o/

Thanks very much.

Sevv

2. Man_from_Naboo

Man_from_Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    Hi,

go and look for manufacturers of plastics in general. Also a search for shops which have supplies to build architectural models might help. And I cannot imagine that there are no modeling clubs around where you live, with britain being the country of toy trains and plastic models ;-)

best wishes,

MfN

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did a Google search on 'polystyrene sheet' and found a price comparison site here in the UK. Try entering plastic sheet in the search line and see if any of the listed companies have what you need.
    DealTime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.