main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Purchasing the NJO...which ones are the fillers...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NeoStar9, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Thrawn666 for your information I really don't care what you do.

But personally, I couldn't do that, I think I would do like errant venture said and buy the book. My concious would eat at me If I didn't.

2. Thrawn666

Thrawn666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2001
    whatever

i wasnt prepared for you guys to go emotional over this issue. i buy a book once in a while so i do qualifiy for the term customer, however i do not buy every book because sometimes they are too expensive as in hardcovers etc. ....

and if your conscience does not let you do this, fine, it was merely a suggestion if your financial situation doesn't let you buy ALL the books.

3. GQJedi

GQJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Most cities have some kind of used bookstore like a Powells or something. I try and buy all my books at used book stores. Usually you can get paperbacks at less than half the cost and Hardbacks for about 1/3 the cost. Just something to consider instead of buying new at $5-6 a whack for paperbacks and $20-$30 for hardcover.

4. Thrawn666

Thrawn666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2001
    yeah, i bought 7 star wars books last week for 12 dollars it was 50% day, i was lucky.

5. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    they are all fillers. ;)

6. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I've got em all except one and am just finishing Dark Tide I. I don't know whether to go on to the agents of chaos duology or to try to find Dark Tide II... the ONE book I can't find... plus I live in mexico so my trips to the states are limited (kind of hard finding them here :) )

Personally, read them all. I just got into the series recently only after reading the major spoiler of SBS and I realized this series was something special... so I bought Vector Prime, Star By star, and Dark journey. After reading Vector Prime I realized just how different that this series was from my other 41 books in my star wars collection so I bought them all. I don't know how I could have skipped ahead...these books are too good to pass up... especially since we've been stuck reading Anderson the past few years until the NJO.

Ahhh the day I can finally start SBS... in my fanfilm Zekk is the main character, and after finding out he is actually in it... I am even more excited...

Cya
    Mike

7. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Nice:
    After reading Vector Prime I realized just how different that this series was from my other 41 books in my star wars collection so I bought them all...these books are too good to pass up
    I couldn't agree more. Especially since the NJO was really my first experience in the EU.

Reading HttE now, I can only fathom at the static catalepsy of earlier EU. There is no sense of evolution or growth involved here at all.

8. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I've decided to purchase the Dark Tide through the Edge of Victory books. Hey wants $50 bucks, trying to stay away from the hardcovers. If I don't care for those I doubt I'll continue with the series. I hope I do and that I grow to like the Solo kids(I mean the twins I like Anakin).

Question, in which books does Luke start to act like a wimp. I mean he seemed fine in VP but I know that doesn't last. Does it vary from book to book?

There wouldn't be anymore plans for another X-wing book would there? The X-wing series has to be the some of the best SW books I've ever read.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well there were about 5 or 6 X-Wing comic book story arcs that you can get as trade paperback/graphic novel collections, they take place before the X-Wing book series, but are written by Stackpole and he more or less had creative control over them so they tie together pretty well.

10. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    The worst it gets is in the EoV books. Thankfully, in Star By Star Luke snaps out of it and starting kicking major Vong a$$ again.

11. Remnant_reborn

Remnant_reborn Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    DJ is pure filler. Jaina, blah blah blah, Jag, blah blah blah. Meaningless side plot. Rehashed plot from Courtship of Princess Leia. The End. Next book please.

12. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    The Empire Strikes Back is just filler. Skip it. Nothing important happens anyway ...

wk

13. Remnant_reborn

Remnant_reborn Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Good point. But ESB was a good story. DJ is not. If nothing happens at least I want to be entertained.

14. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I doubt you can compare the two. ESB was needed to tell the story of the OT. What would considered a filler would be Splinters of the Minds Eye and Shadows of the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.