main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Pure Speculation Sci-Fi Fantasy Convention on Oct 29, 30

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by redeyekho, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Guys,

There's a convention being held here in Edmonton at the Coast Terrace Inn South Edmonton. It's on the weekend of Oct 29th and the 30th. This event has the following activities

Special Guests
    Art Show
    Movies/Media
    Auction
    Board Games
    Card Games
    Miniatures
    Roleplaying
    Panels/Seminars
    Computers

Here is the website.
    http://www.purespeculation.org/index.html

Here is part of the email I got from Brent the organizer.

You've seen the website, so you know what we are doing. Times when it would be especially great to have you guys are at the beginnings of the days and at the charity auction, although we would like to have a few of you around all day, each day. I understand that might not be possible; people do have lives to live lol. What would be of especial interest would be a presentation on Star Wars costuming; how to get into it, materials, ideas, etc. It doesn't have to anything fancy, but I think fans would get a kick out of it, and it might net you guys some more members.

Let me know your thoughts on this, Dave. I'd love to have your group out; our primary focus with the convention is to bring the various science fiction and fantasy groups of Edmonton and area together for a couple of days. We want to expose the fans to as much of "geekdom" as we can, let them see things they might not know even existed.

I talked to the organizers. For the guys who are dressed up in costumes will be let in for free. Just let them know that you're with the Badlands Garrison. The convention starts from 9am to 6 pm. I will be there around 11 am for both days. We'll be doing a panel talk on Sunday at 2pm in the convention. We'll be talking about the 501st, costumes... stuff like that. Hope to see you guys out there. If you need any more info... you can email me at redeyekho@shaw.ca or pm me. Dave

2. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I will be there in costume.

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Looks like a blast but I don't know I'd I'll be able to make it. If Kit dresses up can she come too? :p

4. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Terry... I don't see why not. :)

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    It's kinda short notice. IIRC, I have plans on Friday and Sat. we're doing Red's. Is there an admission price?

6. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Berx... there is a cost to get in. But if you're in costume.... they will let you in for free. You just have to let them know that you're with the Badlands Garrison. The time is between 9 am to 6 pm. I don't think I'll be staying there the whole time. You'll have plenty of time to go to Reds. Its on Sat/ Sun.... there is no convention on Friday.

7. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    wish i could make your panel on sunday but having guests over :(

8. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Sorry to hear that Liann. Angela will be doing the talking. I might for a little. Not the greatest speaker you know.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Unless the admission price is $5 or less then I can't make it, and unfortunately I don't have a costume anymore. :(

10. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I don't have events till later int he evening so I could come for a couple hours :)

Anything I need to know?

11. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    I don't really know what the price of admission is Berkley. Jason... all the info is on top. Unless there is something specific you are looking for?

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I'll probably stop by fopr a bit before heading to reds

anyone elase gonna be there on sat before reds?

13. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Now that a Predator costume has arrived I'll pop by too. It should be a good way to test the suit. Jay you can hold on to the remote control. But careful with that shoulder gun, it's a bit touchy and we don't want to lose any more toes now do we?

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    good we can hit there before reds. Yeah great......... ya press one button and ya know ya never hear the end of it. Jedi=Lightsaber, ya gimmie a blaster....well bad things happen

15. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Looking forward to seeing your Predator costume Mark :)

16. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah it looks great I dunno if ya wanna wear it at the con all day and then reds as well man your gonna be dying

17. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hey, when you wear a costume that's entirely latex, you sign up for the heat. Besides Predators like heat, so . . yeah . . I'll go with that for now cause it's the best justification I've got right now lol.

Well that and the fact that trying to use the bathroom in that thing is impossible so sweating the fluid out is a happier alternative.

A crotch grabbing Predator. That's a terrific photo op.

I'm so pleased we figured out how all that remote controlled shoulder gun and laser thing works. It's a load off me mind.

18. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Good cause I may need help tomorrow getting into my gear and fixing something on my belt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.