main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Pushing Daisies Comic Book

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by TiniTinyTony , Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Pushing Daisies Comic Book Confirmed
    TV series creator talks about his plans for the Pie Maker.
    by Eric Goldman
    April 20, 2009 - At a screening of the final three (as yet unaired) episodes of ABC's acclaimed series Pushing Daisies yesterday, series creator Bryan Fuller confirmed that the storyline of the show will continue in a comic book ? something he had said he was attempting to do last fall, as news of the show's cancellation broke. Said Fuller at yesterday's event, "They'll be a comic book out this fall. I'm working with DC now."

We assume Fuller is just having trouble giving up the TV vernacular when he said, "We just broke the 12 episodes", which we take to mean that the comic book will be a 12-issue maxi-series. Fuller gave no details as yet on who would be writing and drawing the Pushing Daisies comic book, though it sounds like he'll have a role similar to Joss Whedon on the Buffy comic, overseeing the entire thing and guiding the storylines.

Pushing Daisies centers on Ned, a pie maker by day, who has the power to bring anyone back from the dead if he touches them. There are two big rules to his power: If he touches them again, they die permanently. But if he fails to touch them again within one minute of their resurrection, someone else dies. Ned teams with a private detective, Emerson Cod, using his ability to ask the dead who killed them. But things get much more complicated when his childhood love, Charlotte "Chuck" Charles dies, and he uses his power to bring her back ? though he now can never touch her again.

So when do you guys think this will actually hit shelves, and who, besides me, plans on buying it?

2. JediImprov

JediImprov Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I just saw that this is to come out in the spring. ( I don't remember where I saw it.) And yes I plan to get it.

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm liking that shows that got cancelled because television viewers weren't savvy enough to tune in are getting comics.

Jericho is off to a good comic start, and I'll definitely be reading Pushing Daisies. Both will be among the first comics my wife follows too, no doubt.

4. JediImprov

JediImprov Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Does anyone know if this came out, or when it's to come out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.