main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wahoo! Kungfu Jedi action! :D Love it! Thank you for the hidden bits. [face_batting] :*

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wahoo! Kungfu Jedi action! [face_laugh] Oh my!! That sums it up!!!

Wow... :eek: That was intense! And Xan actually cares...truly cares about Obi!! [face_love] how sweet!!! And look who is coming to the ultimate rescue! Qui to save both Paddies!! Talk about cliffie!! :mad: Argggg! And wesa gotsa wait?? :p hehehehe oh all right... I'll try to instill the mantra of patience :p difficult it will be though.

Shoot I bet even Dooku was taken back by Obi's performance as was Xan! hehehehe this was juz awesome!!

Excellent!!! =D= Great work!! :D

3. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Whoa! An Update! :eek:

With much action! =D=
    Hmmm... A Jedi without his memory is a little dangerous, isn't he.
    And Qui on the resue! [face_dancing] I really hope that the first thing Obi says to Qui will not sound like "Who are you?"

Write more soon (I hope fast :D )

Yours,
    DarkDream

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another amazing update! You two make a great team! I'm jealous. :p

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, I don't know where the hidden bits are but it was a wonderful fight. I loved that Xan was willing to give up his life for Obi-Wan to escape. And Obi wasn't willing to leave Xan. The little hints of his mindwipe failing was really nice.

And now Qui-Gon is rushing to rescue Obi-Wan. Xan and Qui should be able to overpower Dooku quickly and then there will be words....

Great job.

6. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    best darn post ever!!

i loved how the force was overwhelming Obi, demanding his attention & commanding him around--you did such an AWESOME job describing that! :D

wow! i loved it! it *was* worth the wait!

but i still can't wait for the next post!!

Sarka edit: and btw, *faints dead away that there was a post* ;)

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great action, emotion and everything else!

please promise we won't have to wait as long for the next postie??

8. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Wow ... just wow... :eek: Definitely intense. Powerful in descriptions and the emotions that the chapter conjures up.

I loved Xan's care and protection of Obi-Wan. And also loving the sight of the caring man running towards them.

Great stuff.

9. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    That?s alotta action in one postie. :D Loved Obi-Wan?s memory flashes and instinctive use of the force. :cool:

Obi-Wan?s loyalty does come from the heart. ;) His uncontrolled vortex was awesome. Xan protecting him, lightning crackling... and tall stranger arrives. [face_dancing]

=D= I won?t call this a cliffie, it?s more like the seconds before a Big Bang! That was some place to leave this on. Great Chapter.

10. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow - loved the action and way Obi-Wan was gradually gaining bits of his memory. That was quite a display from Obi-Wan.

Glad to see Qui-Gon has finally found them. This is going to be quite a family reunion. :p

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Glad to see Qui-Gon has finally found them. This is going to be quite a family reunion.

*Snrk* if anything with an ex-Padawan and two Grand Padawans present, Dooku should be feeling quite old! *snrk* hehehehehe

Yeah I can't wait for this showdown! Yeeeehaw! [face_laugh]

12. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Wow. Very worth the wait Shaindl, as I knew it would be. This post was awesome, I just love those two together. You're showing the mind wipe falling apart very nicely.

The only thing that bothers me, is that now that Qui is in the picture, the dynamics of Xan and Obi's relationship will change. I'm enjoying it so much I hate to see it end.

Still, this has been an awesome ride and I can't wait to see where you take it next.

--shan

13. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    :eek:

?Obi-Wan, listen ? we don?t have much time. You must go and find your way back to Telos and Anju. She knows who you really are. She?ll help you.? His breath caught, and Obi-Wan wondered why. ?I should have told you sooner, but I didn?t want-?

I too wonder how Xan would have finished that sentence.

I hope Qui-Gon quickly realizes that Xan is protecting Obi-Wan from Dooku and not choose the wrong side. Also hope that Anju is with Qui so that Xan knows Dooku lied. Also hope Xan's relationship with Obi-Wan doesn't fall apart with the return of Obi's memories and his master. [face_praying]

14. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    That was an amazing post Shaindl :eek: I was just holding my breath not knowing how that would turn out. I am so terrified for little Obi-Wan, becoming overwhelmed with the darkness. And Xani cares for him enough to not let him get destroyed [face_love]

Great Xaniwan! [face_love]

And now, a figure comes towards them...I can't wait you two! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

15. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    I just read the entire thing and it is so good!

I love the Xaniwan!

Great dosage of angst throughout

What's Qui-Gon going to say when he finds out his fallen former apprentice has formed a bond with his current one?

Obi-Wan's display of power was great!

I'm happy he's finally starting to get his memories back, but what will happen when he figures out who Xan is?

I love it! Can't wait for more!

16. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Ooh! Awsome Post! It seems as though the force is willing Obi-Wan to recall his memories. And thank the force, his amnesia doesn't seem permanent! It was obvious that Xanatos cared for Obi-Wan, but I didn't think that he would actually risk his own life to save Obi's Whoa! And Obi-Wan considers Xan his master?? I wonder how serious he feels...that could cause a problem with our fave Jedi master. And the whirlwind scene was awsome! Another post! PLEASE?? This is a horrible cliffie!

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    New postie soon...we're chugging right along, aren't we? :p

OE - that's right, fists of death, and all that. :p

Kyn - yep, here comes Qui...glad you liked it! :)

DD - yep, a teensy weensy bit dangerous. :p

VL - I'm just lucky to have a wonderful cowriter. She's the one does all the hard stuff. :)

Diane - the 'hidden bits' were phrases that in an, um, slightly different context wouldn't be out of place on another website you're familiar with. ;) I don't think Dooku will want to deal with an enraged Qui or an enraged Xan. You'll see today how that starts to turn out for him...

Sarka - don't know about 'best post ever', but thank you. :)

PK - it wasn't too long, was it? :p

Jaxx - I'm glad it was intense - that's what I was hoping for. :)

Altaira - well, if it takes me a long time to come up with something, I do hope that I make up for it, hence all the action. :p

Noi - family reunion :p - you have no idea! Glad you're reading! :)

Shan - all good things, and all that. :) Very glad you've been happy with the outcome of your PB, Shan. [:D]

Bekah - you wonder? So do I! :D Well, you get the answer to one of those questions today. ;)

TS - well, OE wouldn't let me end that the way I wanted, with the vortex warping out of his control and taking out everyone and everything... :p

RBL - new reader! Welcome! :) Hmm, some interesting questions...gues you'll have to wait and see!

Hutt - ooh, what a great way of putting that - I think you're right that the Force is willing him to remember. Remember, though, Obi-Wan considers Xan his slave Master. They've just managed to move past that a little. ;)

Post up in a bit, kids! Another step closer to the end...

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Qui-Gon forced himself to stop and take a few minutes to survey the situation he?d walked into. The marketplace was in shambles, stalls broken and the wares strewn on the ground. The people had long since fled the battle, leaving only the three individuals, all of whom turned at his arrival.

Dooku stood in a fighting stance, his red bladed ?saber gripped in both hands. The widening of his eyes would have been comical in any other situation. Extinguishing his weapon, he gestured toward his opponent with a graceful sweep of his hand.

"Qui-Gon! You couldn?t have arrived at a better time. I caught up with Chiyari and was just in the process of wresting your lost apprentice back from his vile clutches. I?m afraid he seems to have done something to the boy?s mind, my old Padawan."

Without replying to the false words, Qui-Gon shifted his attention toward his fallen apprentice. A lump formed in his throat as his eyes met the deep sapphire gaze he remembered so well. He?d had countless dreams over the years about that haunting stare. Xanatos had aged little in the interim, still standing tall, strong, and defiant. It was clear that even though Dooku lied, Xanatos was unwilling to offer any words in his own defense.

No doubt he was certain that they would fall on deaf ears.

A figure shifted from behind Xanatos?s protective stance, a familiar pair of luminous eyes meeting his with open curiosity. Qui-Gon was forced to take a deep steadying breath as he was reunited with his beloved apprentice. The fact that a gentle probe through their bond was met with silence did nothing to douse his happiness. Obi-Wan?s mind had been fractured by the mindwipe, it was only natural that the bond would have suffered because of it.

"You were trying to rescue Obi-Wan from Xanatos?" Qui-Gon asked Dooku, his gaze never leaving Obi-Wan?s.

"Of course! I know how much the boy means to you."

Still Xanatos remained stubbornly silent. Obi-Wan shot the fallen Jedi a look filled with confusion, before turning to shake his head negatively at Qui-Gon. The Jedi Master smiled reassuringly at him, his next words causing Xanatos to jump in surprise.

"You lie, my old Master. I know the truth and I must ask you to toss me your weapon," Qui-Gon ordered, sensing the arrival of his colleagues behind him.

"Anju!"

Xanatos took a hurried step forward at the sight of his housekeeper, a smile of open delight wreathing his pale features. Qui-Gon could only stare in amazement at the transformation that came over his former apprentice. Much as he would have loved to take time to savor this unexpected side to Xanatos, he could sense the rising currents of anger that swirled around Dooku, the lightsaber once again activated.

"Xanatos, we need to get Obi-Wan to safety. He needs to be taken back to the Temple where they can help him regain his memories," he urged the fallen Jedi.

The smile slowly bled from Xanatos?s face at his words, Obi-Wan moving a step closer to his back. It was obvious an internal struggle was going on within Xanatos, his hands opening and closing around the hilt of his ?saber. The look in his eyes as he once again met Qui-Gon?s stare was brimming with a score of strong emotions. As impossible as it seemed, somewhere along the way he had grown to care for his padawan brother.

"Obi-Wan.." Xanatos paused as his voice cracked. "I want you to go with Anju and the Jedi. They?ll take you to people who can help get your old life back.?

"No!" Obi-Wan reached out to grab a hold of Xanatos?s elbow, tugging on it in order to gain the Fallen Jedi?s full attention. "Stay and help Master."

Lowering his weapon, Xanatos turned, ignoring the group that watched with disbelieving eyes, he smiled as he cupped the boy?s cheek.

"You already have, child. Much more than you?ll ever know. Now do what I say. That?s an order!"

The multi-jeweled eyes glistened with moisture as they fell beneath the commanding stare. Shoulders slumping in dejection, Obi-Wan slowly began to make his way through the littered ground and

19. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sure. Go and leave me with the fight post. That's just great. Some friend you are. :p

You know how much I loved it. Go Xan! Go Qui! Loved that he totally could see through Dooku. Bastard Count. Let's hope he gets what he deserves.

Shaindl

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sure. Go and leave me with the fight post.

Mawhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! [face_devil]

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Go Xan! Go Qui. Kill the Dooku. Loved that Qui-Gon could see right through Dooku, even if Xan was waiting for him to say something different. Wonderful interplay of people. Poor Obi-Wan is so confused.

But, of course, you left the fight scene to Shaindl... oh, you are sooo sneaky!

Great job. Looking forward to more!

22. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    well, OE wouldn't let me end that the way I wanted, with the vortex warping out of his control and taking out everyone and everything... [face_laugh] EVIL EVIL o_e, hmmm Shaindl? ;)

You're ignoring that last part right, o_e? [face_batting] Loved the bond that's developed between little Obi-Wan and Xani. The fact that he wanted to stay and help really shows that Obi saw a heart under Xani's exterior. Xaniwan, Xaniwan, YAY Xaniwan!

Ahem...[face_blush] Great job o_e! He runs to Anju for comfort, awww, that's kind of sweet, in a sad kind of way. Hope the damage isn't too great to repair. I hope the bond between him and Qui can come back, though I wonder about the bond between him and Xan? [face_thinking]

Looking forward to more you two! :D

23. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    That was good, but it seemed so short!

At least Obi-Wan is safely away from Dooku.

Great Xaniwan!

I hope Dooku gets his ass kicked! :D

Can't wait for more!

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I feel bad for Garen. He is standing right in front of his friend who doesn;t seem to see him or recognize him.

Great job on the fight scene.

25. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    The fight scene was specatacular, but of course the whole story has been amazing. Take a bow, both of you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.