main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sheila, Sheila, Sheila... I'm probably older than you and OE combined! Hey, Jade doesn't call me the hoverchair hag for nothing...LOL.

Kynstar.... oh to be 31 again...

Don't mind me. I'm feeling older than dirt today! BTW, how old is dirt anyway?????

So OE and Shaindl... when's the next post? Not that I'm impatient or anything but it's been what - a day or so....LOL.

2. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    He's still a buckethead :p~

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh yay. An Obi/Qui fic where Qui actually shows some emotion and isn't a total cold uncaring person :D Yay!!!! The mush totally drew me in lol. I don't think I've read anything by Obi_Ew but that's just cause I'm still fairly new to the boards. :D Ahh well. Very excellent job so far. Postie soon? Please?

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You people are so pushy. Especially Diane. :p However, the next post is started. I'll do my best. :)

Cheers,

Shaindl

5. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hee hee, you better, Shaindl. :p

And I'm younger than all of you, so :p . :D

Nem :)

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Great job here you two. I can not wait to see what new evil your bring to the mix. I so enjoyed your last story you wrote together, that I do look forward to this one. :)

Keep up the good work..

--PT

7. VaderHomeBoy

VaderHomeBoy Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2004
    This one should be really good. I like to read stories about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Great start.

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Whoa! One post into the fic and we're already on page 2 :D This has got to be a good sign.

I had no idea there were so many old foggies on this board [face_laugh] And yes, i'm including myself in there as well - at the ripe old age of 32(as of Feb.) :D

Good to hear another post is in the works Shaindl. Therefore I wont hound you for one here - as for that other little ficcie of yours, I can't make any promises ;)

I am with everyone else - waiting in breathless anticipation as to where these two lovely and talented authors are going to take us. The ride will surely not disappoint.

--shan

9. Forbidden_Donut

Forbidden_Donut Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2004
    dianethx: Considering I was around just at about the same time that dirt first began to form... ;) Yes, 31 is definitely looking quite youthful from my side of the mountain.

This is an awesome story!!!!! Two great authors, working together - again! I am so chuffed! Except I wish Qui-Gon would articulate more remorse about his behaviour when Obi-Wan was an initiate, but one does not always get one's druthers.

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wahoo!!! It's a party! :D Such a thrill to see this has gotten a good reception so far. :)

Shaindl Puhleeze! :p I always cringe after I see one of your posts, trying to figure out how I am going to match it!

Kynstar Writing Obi and Qui is a rather new experience for me. I tend to kill Jinn off in my fics rather quickly! :p

Vadey I think you may be right about Xan having his hands in the affairs on Sempris. ;)

The_Hutt Welcome! Don't think I've ever seen your face on my threads. :) I found Xan to be very interesting, even as evil as he was in the books. Hope you will enjoy this version.

JTJG Nice to have you along. :D

Jade Obi-gon! [face_laugh] We don't know yet what is being done with the crystals. You assume too much! :p

Opal * joins in doing the Snoopy dance* Welcome! :D

astro Qui and Obi will certainly have a close relationship in this. Glad you like the title. It kinda jumped out at me, plus that is one of my fave songs! [face_love]

HHP A bumpy ride no doubt! [face_devil]

anekasolo A new face! Welcome! Hope to see you around a lot. :)

Shan We may have a few surprises in store for you. Just hope you like them. [face_plain]

diane See! I can write a nice Jinn! :p

VaderLVR Oh please! I can't write a good vignette to save my life! Your's are always so wonderful. :)

LE Awwww thanks! [face_blush] We may be old but we're :cool: !

Xeana Pop in everyonce in awhile okay? :(

Nem Nice to see ya! :D

ILWK I wish I had that man's money! Welcome to one of our fics! :)

Sheila I voted for this one too. When I saw she put it out there for just anyone to grab I about lost my mind! [face_plain] Luckily the good old Jedi mindtrick worked and I got Shaindl to agree to write it with me. [face_laugh]

Seraphena * wags a finger at naughty reader* Now now! No Bucketheads on this thread missy! ;)

Layren I know you are a big Qui fan so I hope I can do him justice. Shaindl likes him so I'm sure she will keep me in line! :p

PT Evil? Us? Naw! [face_devil]

VaderHomeBoy Hi! Nice to meet ya and I hope we can keep you all happy. :D

Forbidden_Donut You have no idea how hard it was for me to hold myself back when writing this! ;)

Thanks you guys! I don't know about my co-writer, but I for one am a little misty eyed at the response. [face_blush]

11. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Yippeee!!!
    I caught this fic on time.
    This is the one time that I reply to a fic that?s only begun.

I love the descriptions of Obi and Qui, especially through the eyes of one of the pair. I think that I like this part the best:
    Qui-Gon Jinn entered the living area of their apartment and paused to study his apprentice. A look of affection creased the Jedi Master?s chiseled features, a corner of his mouth lifting

And this fic has my all-time favourite element of any fic: the Master-Padawan relationship between Qui and Obi.

I really like the fact that Qui isn?t trying to push Obi away anymore, and instead reaffirm his care for Obi. He?s not the buckethead Master anymore.

The language is also something that I really enjoy. For example: "You?ve been engrossed in that data for some time Padawan. What do you make of it?" he inquired, knowing he would receive a perceptive answer.

Ummm, so basically all I?m saying is that it?s a wonderful fic and I can?t wait for the next post.

More soon? Pretty please? I?m begging you!!

Velo

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Not a buckethead anymore?!?! Come now some of us will argue that Qui never was the buckethead to start with :p

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ohhh lookie what I found :D

14. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Forgive me for being late to the party...but I did bring the ollej.

Ladies - it's good to see the two of you back in business together - can't wait for more!

Sugary sweet, but...
    Mush from Jinn?
    I don't feel so good...

15. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Oh wow, a new story for me to read!!

Looks like a very good start, despite the mushiness. (sorry, I have become way too cynical lately, but I'll try and keep it on a leash ;))

I am very curious to see where this is going...provided my professors and my boss decide to become nice people and actually give me time to read it!!

16. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    No postie? Awww....come on you guys, I'm dying here! Such a well written beginning, and then a huge cliffer...Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be patient.Blah. And Up!

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    EEEEExcuse me, Shaindl, but two can play this game:

I want a new post

HINT HINT HINT! 8-}

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JediVeloJinn Welcome! I hope we don't let you all down. :D

Layren A select few of you? :p Just kidding!

PK I'm so glad you found us! :)

birdy Eat somemore ollej. You'll be okay! :D

Captain Musch mushiness ahead. Maybe! :p

The_Hutt Patience. Good things come to those who wait. :D

LE I've just gotten a sneak peek at the new post and all I can say is... [face_devil] [face_love] :p

19. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'll second my co-writer by saying that I'm just totally overwhelmed by the response. You guys are incredible.

And shut up, LE! :p

Here's the next post. We're still in set up mode here, so it's a bit short. I hope you all enjoy this...

Dhanya?s seventh symphony, the one that mixed Caridian vacuum chimes and Vidian air bells, whispered out of the ship?s sound system. The lounge?s lone occupant had tilted his plush chair all the way back and then lazed in it, eyes closed and a faint, contented smile on his lips as he appreciated the music. A glass of deep amber liquid dangled loosely from one hand, half-empty.

The music built gradually to the climax of the symphony when the chimes and bells melded into one unbelievable chord, and he grinned, waiting for the triumphant sound to wash over him-

-and the moment was ruined by the rude chirping of the comm.

One eye cracked open to glare malevolently at the offending piece of equipment, and he briefly considered crushing the thing to satisfying bits. Sighing as he crushed the temptation instead, he swung to his feet. He gestured at the sound system, grinning at it snapped off in the middle of the final notes. It never ceased to amuse him to wonder what his former Master would have said at such frivolous use of the Force.

Taking a long draught from the glass still in his hand, and schooling his features, he strode to the console and slapped it on. ?Chiyari.?

?Xanatos. Not disturbing anything, am I, dear boy??

The boy in question finished the last of his drink before replying. ?Just Dhanya and a very expensive glass of Kordian liqueur.?

?At least your time with the Jedi didn?t eliminate your taste for the finer things in life.? Xanatos?s employer stared at him. ?Put it away and pay attention. With what I?m paying you, you?ll be able to buy Dhanya and a Yoda?s lifetime worth of that liqueur. When do you arrive??

?Eight hours. I?ve warned him to be ready to meet me the instant I set down.? He grimaced. ?I want to spend as little time there as possible.?

?I understand your feelings. Be as quick as you can ? I need that shipment.?

?It might take a few days to load.?

?Pay whatever you need to in order to get it here quickly.?

A black eyebrow arched. ?In a hurry, are we??

The figure on the other end of the connection paused and Xanatos could hear a vein of triumph when he finally did speak. ?Let?s just say my plans are finally coming together.?

For a reason he couldn?t explain, a shiver went up Xanatos?s back. He nodded at the other man. ?I?ll be in touch soon.?

?See that you are, my boy. It won?t pay to be late.?

The system shut down, and the former Jedi stared at the spot the holo had been. He may have given up the Jedi, but he hadn?t given up what they had taught him. The Force was swirling in a way it hadn?t in a long time. There was more going on here than he yet knew.

He shook his head and turned away, reaching for the bottle of liqueur as he did so. With another wave of his hand, the sound system came to life once more, this time with Dhanya?s second symphony. There was no point in worrying about it now.

The world of Sempris was a miserable, puny, wretched planet in the Outer Rim, unknown by the vast majority of the galaxy?s inhabitants. They were lucky to not have knowledge of it.

For those who did know of it, most wished they didn?t. It was a planet of last resort, a place that housed the vilest forms of crime and the people who carried out its activities. It was a lawless place, rules decided by who had the bigger blaster. As a result, it was the perfect place to run prostitution and slavery rings.

It also had a secret that only a very select few in the galaxy were privy to.

Xanatos looked around in distaste as he stepped off the ramp of his ship. He lived on the other side of the law himself a good deal of the time, but there were some depths that not even he would sink to. As his eyes adjusted to the glare of the sun, he noticed a figure slouched against the side of a nearb

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    ooooo! I love the way you write Xan! :D Excellent posty my dear! Let the games begin!

21. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Delurks. Great start!
    Is it Obi-Wan he has to offer? :(

22. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Oh no..I can only wonder what evil is coming next....with you two it is hard to guess..**grins**

Keep up the good work you too..I think I will go hide now until this maddness is over and I do not have to suffer one evil cliffy after another..WHO'S WITH ME? :D

-PT

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Here here P_T I agree! ;) great work you 2! Excellent most definitely an eyebrow raising suspense of biting of the nails as well :D

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely, lovely post. I'm highly amused that Xan is interrupted while listening to wonderful music to listen to his employer - how rude!

I assume that you are going to be following the plot bunny slightly. Looking forward to more. Hopefully soon!!!!!!

25. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I loved the way you wrote Xan, Shaindl.
    Corrupted but not completely fallen, I would say.

I think the shipping is light-sabre cristals. Is he working for old Palpy? -No, I don't know the plot bunny, so I'm guessing out of the blue.

I just love your post. The two of you are doing so well together. We are in for a real treat again.

Btw, Shaindl, thank you for your betaing. You must have been quite busy.

[face_love] Vadey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.