main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    When the green blade started dancing alongside his, Xanatos breathed a sigh of relief and concentrated on the fight he had started.

Yeah, I imagine with all the chaos, he might question who was on his side.

I'm glad Qui-Gon saved Xan's life. I wonder if he'll go with them, and what that will mean for him.

Now, we just have to get Obi-Wan's memory back.

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh, that was so touching.

I loved how you described Dooku as graceful like a feral cat. That was perfect. ;)

And Xanatos' change of heart was fantastically portrayed. Well worth the wait. :)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great fight but I liked it even more that Xan and Qui-Gon are sort-of reconciling their differences.

Looking forward to seeing Obi-Wan reaction to both of them...

Great job.

4. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    ?Something?s changed.?

?And what would that be??

?You have, Xanatos. Come with us.?

:_| Wonderful scene in a beautiful post. Well worth the wait. I loved how Xanatos still tries to hurt Qui-Gon, though this time it seems to be born more from fear of how much Xan himself has changed and what it will mean for his life than the desire to see his old Master down. You handled his confusion extremely well and still stayed in character. Thanks for a great post. =D=

5. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    When I first saw this I was thinking this had better not be some cruel April Fools joke. I should have known better :)

Wonderful fight sequence Shaindl - I enjoyed both Qui and Xan's thoughts throughout.

I have to say i've enjoyed this fic so much I hate to see it end. But that's okay. I plan to read it again in it's entirety once the last post is up :)

Love what you girls have done with this. And I hope we dont' have to wait as long for the final part(s). ;)

--shan

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Haha! April Fools! [face_laugh]

The former Padawan laughed again, but this time it choked on a sob. ?So they can throw me in a cell with Force binders on? I may be crazy, but I?m not stupid.?

:_| Don't cry, Xan! Everything's going to be okay. Obi-Wan will defend you, and then the two of you can live happily ever after. [face_love]

:p

I am in fact very excited to see what Obi-Wan will say, once he regains his memory. [face_batting]

7. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, Shaindl, that was well worth the wait. I had no idea what to expect but it was touching when old Master and Apprentice fought side by side. And I think that awoke feelings in Qui because he saved Xan!

I couldn?t.? Xanatos looked away, towards where Clee had led the small group minutes earlier. ?I couldn?t.?

Wonderful Xan and Qui mush [face_love]

You guys, I can't wait for more. To the ship we go! ;)

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- a new post. This was a great way to end my evening! :)

9. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Good to see Qui-Gon and Xan working together. :D Flying sabers, dead Dooku, cool. :cool:

Xan has taken a turn for the better though he still tried to be his expected cutting self. Change does not happen overnight, giving a little for him is a start. I liked how Xan admitted to his past plans but without the ?heart?. There is hope. :)

That was a good though measured mushy moment for them.

10. DarthDolly

DarthDolly Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I am way late jumping in here, but I just found this story. I really like the plot and writing style, great job! :) Can't wait for the next update.

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Brava Shaindl!

12. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    oh. my.

that was wonderful! i thought about going back to re-read the last post before this new update (since it's been SO long since that last post), but I went ahead and read this anyway & it all came crashing back to me--this really drew me in, it's like we didn't skip a beat at all! i'm just glad you haven't abandoned it totally! :D

?I will stand for you.?

The words hung in the clear air, speaking of old hurts and pains, a beginning of a bridge across the gulf that separated them.

*sigh* if only....that was wonderful! =D= bravo! you really did them justice here! :)

13. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Excellent!

I'm very happy. Nothing really to add to add what has been said. Loved the fight, the death, the kinda-sorta tentative reconciliation. Can't wait to see Obi-Wan's reaction!

14. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Weeee!!! We're on a roll! Get outa the way! :p Thanks for being so patient and sticking with us. Hope we can bring this to a satisfactory conclusion. The end is very near. :(

Garen turned as the 'fresher door finally opened. A small, sad smile curved his lips as he studied the way Obi-Wan hesitated in the doorway, his gaze skipping wildly around the ship. His friend?s body was coiled tightly as if prepared to spring into flight at the slightest motivation. It was clear Obi-Wan didn?t trust them and was uncomfortable being left at the ship. A lump formed in Garen?s throat when blue-gray eyes lifted to meet his, no sign of recognition in their depths.

"Not surprised those clothes fit, are you? They are yours, after all."

Receiving nothing but a suspicious look in response, Garen?s spirits sagged a little as he gingerly inched closer to his friend. "Did he treat you well? I mean, Xanatos didn?t hurt you in any way, did he?"

Emotion flared in the other padawan?s eyes for the first time. It was anger and it was fully directed toward Garen, its intensity causing the taller boy to back up a step.

"Hurt me he didn?t. Talk about him that way you won?t."

Frozen in place, Garen carefully scanned the newly-tanned features of his best friend. A genuine smile gradually lit up his face, his feet carrying him to stand directly in front of Obi-Wan. The other boy watched with wariness as Garen lifted his hand and gently punched him in the shoulder.

"I knew you had to still be in there somewhere! You remember how to mimic the old troll which means our Obi-Wan is merely waiting until it?s safe to come out."

Before Obi-Wan could offer up a reply, the sound of the ramp being lowered drew their attention. It could only mean that Master Qui-Gon had returned safely. Meeting his friend?s worried gaze, Garen offered him a reassuring smile although it was a difficult thing to do.

"I?m sure Xanatos is fine too."

Obi-Wan didn?t wait for Garen to lead the way, but rather hurried toward the front of the vessel. His gaze briefly met that of the silver haired Jedi, before moving past him to search for Xanatos. A smile of delight lit up Obi-Wan?s features as his Master entered the ship, alive and whole. He was unaware of the pained look that crossed Qui-Gon?s face as he was forced to stand and watch his apprentice rush up to greet Xanatos warmly.

"Master!"

A genuine smile of affection entered the fallen Jedi?s eyes as he lifted a hand to cup the side of the young man?s head. "You seem surprised to see me in one piece. I should be offended by your lack of faith in my skills, child."

The brief moment of levity between the two was broken as Qui-Gon cleared his throat in order to gain their attention. Two sets of eyes swung around to study him with a mixture of apprehension and distrust. It was expected from Xanatos, but to have Obi-Wan mirroring the fallen Jedi?s sentiments was a difficult blow for Qui-Gon.

"I think it would be best if we had that discussion right now."

Xanatos drew himself up, shoulders going back as his hand slipped down to rest on his padawan brother?s shoulder. Qui-Gon held his breath as he waited to see what his former apprentice planned to do and say now that he was once again reunited with Obi-Wan. Eventually the shadowed one nodded curtly and guided his young charge toward the small room Qui-Gon gestured toward.

Obi-Wan was visibly confused as the hand on his shoulder pushed him into a seat, Xanatos blocking his path by stationing himself directly in front of the chair. Qui-Gon stood off to the side, hands tucked into the folds of his sleeves so he could observe without interference. He could tell by the way Xanatos held himself stiffly that the forthcoming confrontation was not something he looked forward to. There was a sudden ache in the center of his chest as he studied his two apprentices.

"Obi-Wan." Xanatos broke off quickly, fighting to regain control of his emotions. "I?m about to answer the questions you?ve no doubt had about who you are. Your name is Ob

15. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    OMG! That was sooooo good! You did such a good job!

I loved how you portrayed the emotions of all involved, Obi-Wan, Garen, Xanatos, Qui - all of them, perfect. Oh! My heart was in my throat when Xan was doing the tough love thing with Obi. So good :)

I'm glad that Obi seemed to realize though that he had to do it - and that Xan didn't really just want to get rid of him.

And Qui - when he tried to step in, so emotional. You conveyed his pain amazingly well.

I loved it. What else can I say? LOVED IT!!! :D

--Shan

16. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sure, show me up again with your speed. Brat. :p

You know how much I loved it. Poor Garen, my baby. More than willing to comfort him... [face_drool]

17. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, wonderful. But so hard. I feel for all of them. Though it's kind of funny that Obi-Wan can't stop talking like Yoda . . .

Hmm, the comlink gives hope for a sequel.

Great post!

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww how sad :( but he has to go back though...

[face_love] Yay! He gave him a way to communicate with Xan if ever the need arises! [face_dancing]

Great job!!

19. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "No!" Obi-Wan?s reaction to the news was swift and violent. Leaping to his feet he reached out to grasp Xanatos?s arms in a viselike grip, his multi-hued eyes pleading. "My Master, you are. Don?t want another. Go home with you I will."

:( [face_worried] :_|

But at least Xan will always be in the background. Though, it must hurt to hear Qui-Gon say that the link between them will eventually fade.

Garen's such a card. Yoda talk! [face_laugh] I sure hope Obi-Wan's not channeling the muppet.

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, so sad!! You just always have such gut-wrenching emotion, especially when you write Xan and Obi. :_|

I'm glad Xanatos gave Obi-Wan a comlink.

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I like Garen's comment about why the Yodatalk

Jade- channeling the muppet [face_laugh]

22. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Very, very well done! Entirely believable and their emotions all came through. =D=

23. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    :_| So sad, how Xanatos tried to make Obi-Wan go back to the Jedi.
    Wonderful post, Oe. The relationship between Xan and Obi-Wan is so great and you managed to show Qui-Gon's and Garen's emotions perfectly. Loved it again. :)

24. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    OH. :( So believable and vividly written. Bravo =D=

25. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I love this Xan. But really, what the hell was Jinn thinking? Because we all know the coucil would welcome Xan back with open arms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.