main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    That was a hard parting for Xan. Obi-Wan does bring out the best in those around him. ;) I?m sure Obi-Wan will understand Xan?s faked harshness and sacrifice one day. And, I really like that he left him with a link to him. :D So like Xan, he not out of Obi?s life yet.

Echoes the others, great emotions from all of them.

2. DarthDolly

DarthDolly Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Another excellent post! You did a great job portraying Xanatos. And Obi-Wan talking like Yoda is a cute touch. ;)

3. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Holy Force monkeys is right i haven't seen this post in awhile. I'm glade to see that its still going strong. Keep up the good work you two.

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Are you guys spoiling us readers again!?! [face_love]

First of all, I have to say, WONDERFUL XAN! [face_dancing] In the end, he does the right thing, but gives himself a back door for contacting little Obi-Wan again. [face_lovee]

And that was just precious, Qui-Gon seeing Xan and Obi reacting in exactly the same way.

And Obi's speech [face_laugh] Oh, poor,poor Obi-Wan. ;)

5. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    I just caught up...great posts!

The last one was very sad.

Great job! Can't wait for more!

6. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey, I finally got caught up on this. It's really good so far. Looking forward to the next part! :)

--Marie K.

7. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Whew! Been off the boards for a while, so it was a lovely surprise when I found that this one was still in progress! I had to backtrack a little, though...[face_blush]
    I'm somewhat torn about Obi's memory...without it, he has left so many people behind, has unwittingly hurt so many. And yet, if he regains it, will he still have the same relationship with Xan? It must have been utterly painful for Qui-Gon to witness his currant and ex-padawans: two beings with so much goodness, ability, and importance to Qui, and both seemingly out of reach.

Unseen by either the young Jedi or Qui-Gon, Xanatos?s eyes slid shut in agony, his hands clenching the armrests until his polished nails split. "That?s my boy."

Ahh! That section ripped out my heart. Is that what you were going for? Because it worked really, really, well. :D Welp, I can't wait for the next post. Obi has a long and interesting ride ahead of him. And angst, for a great number of people. [face_dancing]

8. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    just catching up on the stories i like & i must say i'm still in love with this story. i hope we get more soon! :)

9. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh wow! I am loving this story! Poor Obi, so confused. I like this Xan :) Poor Qui too, but I'm happy he's found Obi and is kind of getting along with Xan.

Hope there's more soon!

10. salem-aubrey

salem-aubrey Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    "I?m giving you this so that you can reach me if the need ever arises. Even if you just need someone to talk to outside of the Jedi, don?t hesitate to use it. Understand?" A brief nod was the only response he received. Sighing, he stroked the reddish-gold cap of hair and forced himself to stand and walk toward the door. Without turning around he addressed the young Jedi one final time.

"Anju will want to say goodbye. I?ll send her in."

Left alone, Obi-Wan?s fingers uncurled to reveal a small personal comunit with OffWorld?s insignia emblazoned on the front. His Master had not given him up willingly as he'd tried to make Obi-Wan believe. A small content smile curved his lips as he tucked it into his pocket and waited for Anju to enter.

Salem: No!!! It can't just end like this! :_| (Drops to knees, being completely over-dramatic)

Aubrey: Get a life, Salem. It was a great post. Just like all the others, even though you were too lazy ta get registered so we could post stuff.

Salem: But it's not fair! How could Xan just walk away like that?

Aubrey: (to o_e and Shaindl) Ignore her. She's just had a little too much root beer.

Salem: Have not! Hurry and update soon so I can see what happens. (Sits down at the computer, intent on staying till there's another posty) Aubrey, go get me some popcorn to bribe Shaindl into writing faster!

11. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Hi! *waves* I'm coming out of insane lurkdom to say what an awesome story this is! The characterizations of everyone are completely spot on and I love the way you two portray Xanatos. He deserves to be written so well. Not like that Watson woman...*grumblegrumble* Awesome story and can't wait for more.

Katana

12. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Epilogue soon?

Please?

13. Rhi21

Rhi21 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    this story's great. you both have a great talent for writing, and the fact that you actually made me like Xanatos is an accomplishment in itself...lol...i'm hardly his biggest fan, but now i'm reconsidering it :p
    ~Rhi

14. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Alright girls, you have left us hanging long enough. [face_shame_on_you]

I need closure damnit! [face_worried]

You are gonna finish, aren't you???

Will it help if I do this :_| :_| or how about this :_|

--shan

15. bookkeeper

bookkeeper Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Please finish this fic. I'm delurking in order to beg. It's to good to just leave it hanging.

Bookkeeper

16. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
  17. tigerland

tigerland Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2003
  18. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
  19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Authors note: Dear faithful and ever patient readers,

Sorry we've let this story linger in limbo for so long. Darth Life and Darth Other Stories caught up with us. :( Never fear however! This story had not been abandoned. You will get an ending in the near future. Can't say how soon it will be but it is in the works as we speak. Unfortunately it's been so long the writers must re-read the story. :-B Thanks for being so patient and kind. See you soon with some closure for poor Xan and Obi. :)

20. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    =D=

Glad to hear it! Never doubted ya for a second.

--shan

21. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
  22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Unfortunately it's been so long the writers must re-read the story.

You guys forgot what happened?! [face_laugh]

[insert gingko joke that will get me chased by a couple of old biddies] :p

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm old! Leave me alone! :D Okay here it is kids. Thanks so much for sticking with us on this long journey. Thanks for the kind reviews, the awards and the encouragement along the way. [:D]

Special thanks and hugs to Shanobi for letting us have the wonderful plot bunny that inspired this story. I hope we did the bunny proud and that the ending pleases. :)

On a personal note, I want to take a minute to give Shaindl a huge thank you for being such a great friend and wonderfully talented co-writer. I've enjoyed creating yet another wonderful story with you. I wish you joy in whatever peeks your interest next. You're the best! @};-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Epilogue

The weather was perfect as usual on Adarlon, fluffy white clouds moving lazily in a clear blue sky. The sun shone brightly as a gentle breeze blew across the tumbling waves of the lake, teasing the long locks of ebony hair that fell unbound around a pair of broad shoulders. Their owner growled as the strands blew into his eyes, obstructing his view of the solitary figure that sat cross legged on the sandy beach below.

Xanatos took a sip of his wine and slumped down a little further in the chair as he continued his vigil. As he made a thorough study of his young guest, he couldn?t help but be amazed at how much the younger man had changed. Since the events four years ago that had brought them together in a fight for survival, Obi-Wan had matured into a strong and confident individual. He was calm and poised, watching the galaxy through bright eyes that seemed to have the ability to see everything.

Although reluctant, Obi-Wan had done as Xanatos had ordered and returned to Coruscant with the Jedi. While the Temple healers had worked diligently to find a way to reverse the mind wipe, Qui-Gon Jinn had braved the High Council alone. He?d spoken strongly in support of Xanatos, explaining the part his former apprentice had played in freeing Obi-Wan from the slave traders and protecting the lost apprentice from Dooku?s clutches. When the Jedi Masters had turned skeptical glances his direction after hearing his tale, Qui-Gon had relayed the stories Anju had shared of Xanatos's good deeds toward the unfortunates that crossed his path. The deciding factor in Xanatos's favor turned out to be his willingness to divulge the extent of his and Dooku?s plans, going so far as to reveal an extensive list of Dooku?s Separatist contacts.

The Council?s final vote on the subject of Xanatos?s fate had been a split one, Master Yoda surprising them all by being the deciding voice in favor of allowing the former Jedi to remain a free man. The ancient Master had been deeply touched as Qui-Gon had explained about the bond that had formed between his two apprentices, a bond he believed had helped Obi-Wan retain his sanity during the weeks that followed the mind wipe. Qui-Gon?s own ability to forgive the apprentice who had hurt and betrayed him so deeply had also been a deciding factor in their decision. If Qui-Gon was able to see something in Xanatos that made him trust that the fallen Jedi had undergone a change, how could they do anything but believe also?

The crystal caves had been entrusted to the Jedi, a more easily attainable source of their lightsabers' power source. It had been a tersely worded message Xanatos had sent the Senate that had prompted the politicians to release the caves solely into the Jedi?s hands. He?d warned of Dark times on the horizon, secret plans being put into place that would stretch the Jedi to their limits in the not-so-distant future. His wide range of contacts that stretched to the farthest reaches of the galaxy had shown him glaring proof that the death of Count Dooku had not heralded the death of the Separatist movement as the Senate had hoped. In actuality it had only strengthened their resolve to overthrow the current leading governing body. Dooku had become a martyr, an icon for them to rally behind.

"Can I get you another?"

Xanatos handed the

24. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Yay! =D= Light-side Xan is awesome. It was cool to see through his eyes, and I'm glad that they've formed a brotherly relationship. :D Xan's feelings of protectiveness for his Padawan brother were sweet.

Great job! [:D]

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm glad that they were finally able to see that Xan was not all darkness. I liked that you were able to explain why Obi-Wan was so old in his training. That would make sense that he would be kept back to complete it, with the mindwipe and all.

Great job. Bravo to both of you. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.