Before Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. shanobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! We've waited so long for this, and it was very much worth the wait. :)

Wonderful, amazing job obi_ew. You couldn't have written a more perfect and satisfying ending. And the details were perfect and realistic - Obi not regaining all of his memories, having to extend his apprenticeship, Dooku's death fueling the seperatist movement, the crystal caves...you tied up all of the loose ends beautifully.

Many wonderful lines in this post, but this last line I found especially poignant and really summed up the entire story for me . . .

As long as he was alive, its insidious plot would be foiled. The Darkness would not touch Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Loved it! Bravo to both of you for a wonderfully told story.

One of the most satisfying endings to a fan fic that I have ever read.

--shan

P.S. And to think, I went to that other site first expecting an update. You're forgiven for not having one up yet ;)

(oh, this was just so good . . . ) :D
  2. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
    I love your grey Xan...and I'm glad to see this come to a happy ending on Ardalon. Any chance of a sequel?

Thank you ladies for the wonderful tale!
  3. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I wouldn?t want you to sit here too long and fall asleep. I know how you old people get cranky if you?re awoken from your nap.

[face_laugh] Oh, but it's so true, isn't it? [face_mischief]

Wonderful ending. [face_love] It was buckets of fun from the very first post. Okay, from the part that shan posted way back when in the plot bunny thread, because that was a delicious description of Obi. =P~
  4. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    So many things I liked about this ending. The interactions between Anju and Xan, and Obi-Wan and Xan were great. It was also so touching that Qui-Gon stood up for Xan in front of the Council.

As long as he was alive, its insidious plot would be foiled. The Darkness would not touch Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I always like the thought that Obi-Wan has someone there waiting for him when his whole galaxy falls apart. [face_love]:(
  5. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Just loved the whole story I had to re read it
    it was a great story

brilliant=D=
  7. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just read the whole story. WOW it was just fantastic a great piece of work. =D= @};- 7
  8. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    Great ending :D well done.
  9. Yodan Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow! That was great!

I just read the whole story and "wow" is all I can say!

All of your characterizations were on the money and the last line was [face_hypnotized]

This Xani was great, and I'd love to see what would happen to these characters during the purges, for instance... But for now I'll just use my imagination... o_O

Why is it called a Xaniwan and not an Obitos? :p

Wonderful Job! =D=
  10. ithesock Jedi Knight

star 2
    I confess I've been lurking too. :) Wonderful, wonderful finish to a great fic. Qui-Gon taking Xan's side so strongly was perfect - as also the fact that even if they've established cordial relations, there's till tension between them.

The darkness shall not touch Obi-Wan, indeed.

Bravo! =D=
  11. Indra Force Ghost

star 3
    How did I miss this last post?

Wonderful ending to an incredible story. I loved how you included those negative elements at the end,not making it a completely happy ending. It makes it very realistic. Just love those two together, the way they interact. It was a wonderful story and I enjoyed it very, very much. =D=
  12. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I love how you explain his wipe and lack of remembering the bad times with Xan. They are best forgotten anyway. :D

...All that noise, traffic, the crush of beings. The massive criminal element that calls it home? And that?s only the politicians."

My thoughts exactly Xan! What a wonderful tie-up all their relationships. A great feel good, if sad for the future ending.

YOU BOTH HAVE DONE A FANTASTIC JOB ON THIS STORY. The large changes in all of them with time gives hope. I love the mix that you both put to the writing! This story is one of my favorites! :)

Sorry, for the RL delay is seeing you updated. I don?t scroll the indexes often enough anymore.

:D Had to add, Yodan posted. Why is it called a Xaniwan and not an Obitos? Also Luv Obitos! [face_laugh] Sound like Chee-tos!
  13. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    HOw did I miss the fact that this was over??? :_|

Wow! You exceeded my expectations, and those were pretty damn high! :D
  14. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    Sweet ending! I love how everything was tied up, the way their relationship is, and the looming darkness. Too bad that even though Qui-Gon pursuaded the Jedi to leave Xanatos alone, they still don't really get along.

=D= Bravo!
  15. SakuraTsukikage Force Ghost

star 4
    Hah! It's not locked yet!

I've been reading your fics for a while, but this is the first one I've found that I could still reply to.

Your stories are awesome--both of you. I am deeply impressed.

And this story? Wow. Just--wow.

There you go. Inarticulate gushing from me.
  16. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, great story! Fantastic. It is amazing what you can find when going through older posts, I've been going through the plot bunny thread and ended up getting more distracted by all the stories I was finding than I should have!
  17. VadeyFan2002 Force Ghost

star 4
    I so love the stories you two put up together.
    I reget missing so much of it.

I was off the boards so long, I need time to find my way around again.
    Even the reply form has changed. I was away too long, it seems. I even had to search all my saved emails to find my password to read a PM send my way.

I wish you all the best for what ever projects you two are working on now or in the future.

[:D] Vadey [face_love]
  18. master_jade Jedi Knight

star 2
  19. Dark_to_Light Jedi Padawan

It's 1am. I just finished reading your whole story. :eek:
    Wonderful! :) Great! :) Fantastic! :) I Love "Good Xan" stories. :)
  20. Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey! Replies still coming a year after the epilogue! I just read this whole thing, and I have to say that it was beautifully well-written--great descriptions. And as always...my poor Obi! ;)

I know it's got nothing to do with the story, but I also really enjoyed reading the banter between all the posters--made me giggle. [face_laugh]
  21. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Yikes! I just realized that I was remiss in doing replies to this. :( So sorry to everyone who read and replied. I'll do a general thanks to you all. Thanks to everyone who followed along faithfully as it was written and had to wait for the often long time in between posts. And thanks to all of you who have somehow stumbled upon it after the fact and took time to read and reply. @};- I don't know what Shaindl is up to these days but I'm sure she would offer her thanks as well. It was a great experience.

OE :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.