main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was such an awful, yet breathtaking post. [face_shocked] You described so distinctly the sensations he would have felt while losing his precious memories, then awakening to a void of the mind.

But at least he was right..Qui-Gon will certainly be tearing apart the city looking for him. :_|

A low guttural moan clawed its way from his chest That was just one example of the great, vivid description. Wonderful job.

Oh, and Shaindl, since I don't have to suck up anymore: You're the worst writer it's ever been my displeasure to read the works of. 8-} I expect to be monetarily repaid for the toture I've had to endure.

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Right back at ya babe. ;)

3. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    O_E I can't even begin to tell how much I enjoyed that one and why. :p

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    :eek: You robed Obi_Wan of all his memories? And this time for real? I'm throughly shocked! :eek:

Why do I have the feeling that that was only the begining of the terrors he has to live through til he can be found?

[face_love] Vadey

5. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    :eek:

He was no one. And he was alone.

Great post, but . . . poor Obi. :(

Nem :D

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear poor obi! *sniff sniff* Usually I don't have much sympathy for the "not another pathetic lifeform" kid ;) But ... *sniff* nobody deserves to have their memories erased.. poor kid. He needs a big hug.

Only an hour??? Sheeesh lol it takes me like Diane said, well not a week but definetely more than that to put a post together ;) So envious.

7. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh no, this can't be true. NO!No!No! :_|

8. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    An hour per post?! I wouldn't believe it if it weren't for all those wonderful posts you seem to get out so quickly. You are very lucky - not to mention talented :)

As for the post. Absolutely beautiful job - you put us right there inside Obi's head with him. I think we all felt his pain and terror. Loved the flashbacks, so very fitting. However, this one I think hurt the most.

Countless missions over the years that had gradually brought him and Qui-Gon closer. The distance and reluctance to love broken down until they got to the place they were now. A place of warmth and deep affection where he could vocalize and show his feelings without the fear of rejection. :_|

Are you sure this was my idea?

--shan

9. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

[face_shocked] Obi-Wan's...memories are....gone?...For good!?! *Faint*

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Grabs for bungee cord

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Wow! I returned to the boards to find several wonderful posts on this story. Both of you are tremendous writers and together you are unbelievable. This story is wonderful and I am so glad you teamed up again.

Your last post was heartbreaking oe. The way you brought up the memories and then had them vanish was so very sad. :(

And Shaindl, that action scene where Obi-Wan was captured was terrific. I was on the edge of my seat. :D

Keep up the good work ladies, this is great. :)

12. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I KNEW IT!! I knew I should have stayed in hiding with you two..

EVIL BOTH OF YOU!!!

First you have poor Obi-Wan taken...then you have him lose everything that he is...and I can only imgaine what you have in stored next for our hero.

And what of poor Qui? What has happened to him? And what is he going to do when he finds Xani is on planet?

ARGH!!! I can not wait to read more..

--PT

13. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
  14. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks for the suggestion dear. I think it really added to the post. :)

diane See! I'm trying hard to write a nice and caring Jinn. :D

Kynstar Good question about the bond. ;)

birdy Another Darth Headache? :(

LE [face_blush] Coming from someone as talented as you, that means a lot.

Opal Now come on and tell me! :p

Vadey I'm sure there are some tough times ahead for our poor Obi. :_|

Nem :( I know!

Layren Now now! No Obi bashing! :D

jeday I'm so sorry! Shaindl made me do it! [face_plain]

Shan Yup! You're to blame for this whole thing! :D

Xeana * tosses bucket of ice water on her* :p

PK * watches as she misses and plummets* [face_devil]

Sheila It's so easy to collaborate when you have someone as brilliant as Shaindl to do it with. [face_love]

PT We're only following Shan's plot bunny! Blame her! :D

Xeana Thanks! :)

Haven't talked to my wonderful co-writer lately so I'm not sure how far off the next post is. I'm as eager as you all are to see what she comes up with! :)

15. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, Shaindl. Where's the post?

POKE POKE.

:D

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    LE - make sure ya don't poke a hole in her or break her. The older the toy gets, the more fragile it becomes.

17. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Ouch. Birdy, tell me you're not lumping yourself with the whippersnapper there.

Just a note - a nasty, evil plot bunny took hold of my leg a long time ago, and it recently sank its fangs even deeper into my leg so I've been writing on that. I'll be working on this I hope soon. :)

18. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    :( [face_shocked]

I can't believe that...Obi is left without his memories...

I should have known...Obi and Qui, finally at peace with each other and now Obi won't even know who Qui is...they'll have to build their fragile trust all over again...

*sigh*

Well, this should be interesting, indeed...

One question, though...

Where the heck is Qui!!??

Well, can't wait for the next post...

Great job, girls! :)

19. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    I guess I can wait--if it means another Shaindl story. 8-}

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    astro Qui shows up again in the next posty. :D

Posty will be up Tuesday. My two favorite boys come face to face. [face_love]

21. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    By that you can only mean Obi and Xan. Am I right? :D

22. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Ouch. Birdy, tell me you're not lumping yourself with the whippersnapper there.

No, not really - just making an innocent, and completely Bi-partisan observation.

:p

23. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Aw crap. They managed to steal his memories! Well all I can say is that he had better get them back eventually, because Qui-Gon might have a problem retraining Obi-Wan through his 18 years of Jedi learning. That and the importance of the memories themselves. Those dang bad guys! Well, the temple healers should be able to help Obi with his memories-he's practically spent most of his life in the hospital wing!

24. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, the temple healers should be able to help Obi with his memories-he's practically spent most of his life in the hospital wing! LOL!! So true! [face_laugh]

25. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Another one kids. Thanks to Shan for a good part of this post - I hope our slight rewriting is okay with you. :) Hope you all enjoy...

It was as if Obi-Wan had walked into the cave with all the crystals and been swallowed by the planet.

That explanation was as good as any he could come up with. In the three days since his last contact with his Padawan, Qui-Gon had nearly turned the planet over. He had hunted down every last crime lord on the planet, pressured them with all the considerable power of a Jedi master, and not one of them had been able to tell him anything useful. Every one of them, besides exuding fear, had exuded the truth. The Force had never even hinted at a lie being told.

He knew Obi-Wan had left the cavern and had been headed into an ambush. Knew his apprentice had been ambushed and had called for his Master to help him. And his Master hadn?t arrived in time, for which he?d never be able to forgive himself. He?d found only three things at the spot where the young man had to have been attacked: a wrecked speeder, blood ?

? and the one thing Qui-Gon knew Obi-Wan would never willingly leave behind: his river stone.

If the big Master didn?t know better, he would have said his heart had died within him when he had found the small, black, red-veined stone. Emptiness such as he had never known enveloped him, threatening to drown him. He had reported his Padawan?s disappearance to the Council, and they were sending a team to help in the search, but it took at least five days to reach the small, out-of-the-way planet in the Outer Rim and Qui-Gon knew that any trace of Obi-Wan would be gone by then.

But now he simply had no idea of what more he could do. Their Bond was eerily silent; where there was usually light and life, only a flat, empty presence resided. He had only come close to such devastation once before in his life, but even the betrayal of Xanatos hadn?t crushed him like this.

So he sat in the ugly, dreary, hopeless square at the centre of the ragged city, his eyes raking over the passing beings, praying that one of them would miraculously turn out to be his Padawan, and knowing that none of them would be.

As the suns started to set he pushed himself heavily to his feet and turned his steps to the small boarding house they had taken rooms in. In his hand was his last link with his Padawan, the small rock that represented their Bond, their relationship and their love.

"It's been a?pleasure doing business with you, Chiyari." Asantes sneered.

"The pleasure is all mine, I?m sure." Xanatos said dryly as he ignored the man?s proffered hand. "The crystal has been loaded to my satisfaction and you will find your account credited with the specified amount. I trust we will be provided with more shortly?"

"With the money you?re paying? You can have as much as you want. " Asantes said. ?You?re going to have to get me more workers. At your cost, of course.?

"Of course." Xanatos looked at the man piercingly as he leaned forward so they were practically nose-to-nose. "I believe I made myself quite clear?"

"Of course, your silly views on slaves." Xanatos had the impression Asantes was fighting not to roll his eyes. What I wouldn?t give to- The pleasant thought about the things he could do to the greasy little man were cut off as the man continued. "Do you have any idea how much money you could save?-

?No slave labour.?

?They?re your credits.?

Xanatos studied the man briefly, trying to sense how far he could trust the man. Not far, if he had to say something about it, but he had no choice. "Good. Giani, the site overseer, will handle things from here. You may tell him can contact me should any complications arise. Now if you'll excuse me, my transport awaits. Five days on your mud ball planet is more than adequate. I am rather anxious to return to Telos." Xanatos said with a false smile. "No offense, of course."

"None taken." Asantes returned the smile with one even more false. "Sempris is suited to a very small se

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.