main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    The_Hutt Yup! They took his memories. Before anyone at the Temple can help him, he runs into an old.... friend! [face_devil]

Shaindl I love the part about Qui finding the riverstone and clinging to it. :( Big hugs to Shanobi for allowing us to use the majority of her original bunny posty. :)

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi... nightmares, eh? Ummm ponder on what they might be. Still uses the Force? Guess one might.. something that is a natural knack.

Great job! *snrk* poor Xanatos, tried to be nice and look where it got you! The kid on ya back hehehe

:D Can't wait for more!

3. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    At least Xanatos isn't going to tread Obi like a slave.And he most difinately doesn't use him for what the slaver intented him.(Due to the PG13 nature of the boards and policy about same sex parings in general)

You know, I've read some slave fics, where Obi has been mind wiped and was in realy bad shape to be found by Qui after long search.(all nc17 [face_blush]) They developed just the same at that point of the fic. The rescuer (Qui /Xan) going all out to get him away from the slave market into their ships, tried to be nice and give some comfort.Giving the 'you have nothing to fear' speak and release the restrains just to get attacked by Obi-Wan the moment they turn their backs on him.

How does it come that Obi will fight, mind wiped as he is without the force? I mean, he must thing he was a slave all his life and that there is no hope. Isn't it strange?

This is no critic, mind you. I would write Obi exactly the same way. I just wonder what it is about Obi-Wan that no one can imagine him giving up and submit under even such drie circumstances.

I loved the post,btw. and how shocked Xan was that they were selling a Padawan as a slave and then some more then he realized it was Obi_Wan. Did he spend a thought on that this means that Qui has to be the other Jedi to investigate about the cristals?

[face_love] Vadey

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!

That is what comes to mind when I read this last post...

PLEASE HURRY WITH THE NEXT POST!!!

--PT

5. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Xan and Obi togethter? I'm gonna love this. I take it Xan isn't going to return Obi to Qui right away?

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Glad to see that addition of Qui-Gon holding the riverstone. Poor guy must be having a fit of despair over this whole thing.

And now Xan has Kenobi. I wonder what he's going to do with him now? Have him cook, a valet, dangle him in front of Qui-Gon. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.

Great job as always.

7. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Wow! I just finally got caught up. This is incredible. Poor Obi! Makes me just want to take him in my arms and...uh...hug him! ;) Great job obi_ew and Shaindl

8. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh yay! a new postie!!! That was marvelously done... poor Qui. He needs a hug his poor Obi-Wan is missing... .again. [face_mischief] I can just see Qui-Gon barging into crime lords homes and demanding answers lololol. Funny image. Great post!! Poor Obi.

9. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    You left it there?

I wish I remembered my bungee cord!

How long were Obi's shorts?

Lovely ladies!!!

10. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I am so glad you kept Shan's original scene. I loved the addition of Qui-Gon and his despair over Obi-Wan's disappearance. Great job you two, keep it coming. :)

11. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    What an exciting start! Poor Obi-Wan, memory-less. Poor Qui-Gon, apprentice-less.

It was only a brief scream from the Force that warned Xanatos just before he was tackled from behind and slammed into the galley wall.

Poor Xanatos!

The action so far is fantastic, especially the ambush scene. obi_ew, I will have to check out your other stories when I have some time!

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    watches as she misses and plummets

Oh noooo

*thud*

You called that one-DRL struck with a vengance and it's all your fault! I couldn;t grab the cord in time [face_tired]

13. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Great work there :)

14. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Great, great post! :)
    It's good that Qui-Gon found the riverstone. Perhaps a little hope to bring Obi-Wan back? Please! :D
    Hmmm, what will Xan do with Obi-Wan now?
    Need more...

15. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    You have no idea how hard i've been trying to get here :) I just knew you'd have a post up.

I am so honored that you kept so much of my original post. I really didn't expect you to use that much. I LOVED the changes you made. Awesome.

Poor Qui, Oh, I felt so bad for him. Imagine, his padawan being sold as a slave as he mopes around carrying Obi's river stone :(

And though you will expand on Obi's behavior - it doesn't seem all that far fetched to me. He is not a Jedi in name only - he is a Jedi at heart. That will show up in his nature with or without his memories.

It is very nice to see intimacy between these boys without it being slashy. I've read my share, and still do - but I find this kind of closeness between Qui and Obi to be very sweet and extremely satisfying to read. Especially when it's written by you two :D

And now - the possibilities are wide open :D Can't wait to see what you've got planned for our trio. Excellent writing as usual.

--shan

16. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I've been following this since it started, although haven't had a lot of time for posting.

This fic is great! You two make a wonderful team. :)

Like everyone else, I'm wondering what's going to happen next...leaving us with a cliffee and one where Obi is about to attack Xan. Then again, maybe it's just an illusion. 8-}

Can't wait for the next post! :)

~Bek

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I, too, liked Qui-Gon with the riverstone. What??? Is the world exploding into little bits and pieces? First I venture into the Qui-Gon thread, now I enjoy seeing him in a fic? :p (I really do like him - he's not bad for an old guy, hehe)

If the riverstone helped Obi-Wan save his memories once before, perhaps it will play a big part again? Especially since it's in Qui-Gon's safe keeping? Hmmm, poor Xan, getting smashed into the wall like that. I hope he doesn't have too hard a time controlling his new pet. :D

18. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Oh Xanatos, you old softie you. Why is he being so kind to Obi-Wan? Sorry, I can't remember if you mentioned it before, but did Xanatos try to kill Obi and Qui all those years ago? If so, what changed his mind? He seems to be much gentler and empathic, even letting down his guard in unlocking Obi's restraints. And poor Obi-Wan! Yeah, I really hope that he can get his memories back (is that possible?) and the river stone must have something to do with it. He just seems so lost and confused. I mean, he can't speak! How awful! In light of that, I don't think that his sneaky attack on Xanatos is going to be very successful. Probably pretty clumsy, at best. I wonder if he remembers how to access the force, or if perhaps that's more of an instinctual thing...anyways, great post! It was well written.

19. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    OE - you're too sweet! I'm so glad you decided to write this with me! :)

Kynstar - Yep, nightmares. I think Obi's going to have a lot to deal with.

VF2002 - I think the instinct to get away from those who are holding you prisoner would be strong, no matter what the mindset of the person held captive. I don't think that's it's Obi-Wan in particular, although I think he might tend to fight harder than the average person.

Trav - Us? Evil? Surely you jest... :D

Opal - nope. Qui gets him back next post. :p

Diane - I think Qui angst might reach new heights in this fic...hope you don't mind. [face_laugh]

jedimommie2 - Hug him? I think you may need to get in line...thanks for reading!

Layren - I can see Qui doing that kind of thing too. Can you imagine him threatening a Hutt Lord? :p

PR - yep, left it there. Sorry. No I'm not. I lie. :D Do remember your bungee cord - you may need it down the line.

Sheila - we felt we had to keep her original scene since that's how this whole story got started. I'm glad you liked it!

Calantha - thanks for all the nice words! Do make sure to check out OE's solo work - it's wonderful, fantastic, phenomenal, beautiful...do I need to continue?

PK - talk to the Bird - she may have extra cords to spare...

Nem - thanks! :)

jeday - maybe some hope in having the river stone - on teh other hand I think it could also bring a lot of pain, since he knows something terrible had to have happened to Obi-Wan to make him give up the stone. Thanks for reading!

Shan - one of the reasons that post took so long was because I was nervous about rewriting part of what you had written. I'm so glad that it was okay with you!

Bekah - thank you - I'm made way better by writing with OE. :) Hope RL will release its hold so you can be around most of the time!

Jade - the apocalypse must be coming if you're liking Qui that much. :p I don't think Xan will have any problems at all...

Hutt - don't try to fit Xan into a neat category just yet. He's got a lot going on in that head of his.

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    The dark man hit the wall with a sickening crunch. His long body slid down the wall until he came to a rest on all fours. Afraid to lose valuable time staying to make certain the man was unable to give chase, Obi-Wan spun on his heel and made a mad dash for the exit ramp. Over the noise of his rapidly beating heart, he became aware of the sound of booted heels drawing closer behind him. He had almost made it to the safety of the exit when his bare feet lost their traction on the polished floor and slid out from underneath him.

Obi-Wan moaned in pain as his knees greeted the hard unforgiving floor. Eyes glued to the sanctuary of the door, he lunged forward in an attempt to reach the control panel. Before his fingers could make contact with the buttons, he was hit from behind. Slammed face first into the floor, the air left his lungs in a painful whoosh as a heavy weight landed on top of him.

It was several seconds later before he was able to find the strength to struggle. Wiggling his body, he desperately tried to dislodge the much larger form. Feet kicking and arms flying, an elbow made contact with something soft. The dark man let out a muffled exclamation of pain, his body lifting as he drew back. Taking advantage of the situation, Obi-Wan rolled over onto his back and brought his knees up against his chest before kicking out.

His feet landed squarely in the dark man?s chest and sent him stumbling back several feet. Flipping himself back to his feet, Obi-Wan charged the off balance man. Lips pulled back from his teeth in a grimace, he attacked his new jailer with his hands and feet. Vivid curses reigned down on him intermittent with exclamations of pain. Growing increasingly confident in his success, Obi-Wan was unprepared when the dark man suddenly lifted a hand toward him.

It felt as if he slammed into a barrier at high speed. The force of the unseen blow sent him flying across the room where he crashed into a small table. Landing on his side with a pained cry, the contents of the table came spilling down on top of him. As he lay still and fought to still the ringing in his head, rough hands reached down and grabbed him.

He was jerked to his knees, a pale enraged face pressing close to his.

"You will pay for that brat!" The dark man hissed, shaking Obi-Wan until his head felt as if it were about to come loose from his neck.

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to protest the harsh treatment. The only sound that came out was a pitiful mewling wail. The hands that dug into his arms gradually relaxed their hold, the shaking coming to a blessed halt altogether. As he stared up into the cold deep blue orbs of his captor he was ashamed to see empathy glimmering in their depths. Any will to fight left his body in a rush, leaving him limp in the dark man?s grip.

Head falling forward, Obi-Wan no longer offered any resistance as he was herded back into the galley. His captor shoved him into a seat before stepping back to observe him. The sound of their ragged breathing was the only sound in the room for some time.

"I?ve killed men for far less brat," the smooth deep voice shared almost conversationally.

When the silence continued to stretch and grew uncomfortable, Obi-Wan hazarded a glance up from beneath long lashes. The dark man was gingerly fingering the side of his head. When his hand came away wet with blood the man slowly turned a threatening glare his direction. Obi-Wan was unable to still the shiver that shook his body at the look.

It was easy to see that this man was completely different from Obi-Wan?s former captors. This man exuded a quiet and deadly menace. Although his body moved with a graceful economy of motion, it was clear that he could strike at will and with brutal efficiency if provoked. He was also able to wield some type of unseen magic. That realization alone was enough to give the young man pause.

Obi-Wan was so consumed with his thoughts that he hadn?t noticed the dark man?s movements. It wasn?t until one of his hands was shackled to the arm rest of the chair that hi

21. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Yay, a post! So Obi-Wan has no idea about the Force... I love the menace in Xanatos - I wonder what it is about Obi-Wan that Xanatos is interested in...

Great stuff! :)

22. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Xanatos needs to be nicer to our poor Obi-Wan. [face_shame_on_you]

Great post. The action was described very clearly, with the right amount of emotion and pain added. Usually I can't visualize action scenes in my head ([face_blush]) but I could see everything in that post very well. :)

Great job. I can't wait to see where you two wild and craaaazy guys are gonna take this!

23. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Hmmm... Xan, Xan can't believe you are a nice one. :D

Great post! Looking forward to the next post. :)

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Shaindl I never mind Qui angst.... :D

OE Great post. I loved that Xan was temporarily taken aback by Obi-Wan's fighting to win free and then Xan decided to get down to serious don't-mess-with-me attitude.

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing what Xan is going to do with his little slave!

25. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oooooooh, that was good. Loved the action and emotions throughout the entire post. Poor Obi, not even aware that he has the same power as Xan - well, if it weren't for that sithly collar.

I enjoyed the bit at the end with Obi's eyes widening as Xan constricted his airway. Very subtle display of power on Xan's part.

As for the last post :D I seriously thought of starting out with - - OMG! What have you done to my post?! It's just awful, you've ruined the whole thing! But I couldn't keep a straight face while even thinking it :D

You handled it beautifully, as I knew you would. I am so anxious to see how things develop between Xan and Obi. Can't wait for more - hopefully soon?

--shan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.