Put your Celebration II stories here!!! Mine's a dooooozy!

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by OriginalBryGuy, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jades_Hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK - in my opinion the last 4 days were next in line to my wedding day and the birth of my child!!!! Yes, I got kissed on those days, too!

Yes, I was a yellow shirt and yes, I got yelled at and my feet hurt, but being "Jennifer the coffee wench" (and soda and hot dogs and hot tea, etc, etc) to the stars will always be a wonderful title to me!

I also have volunteered at many other events and I knew going in that my job is to make everyone else's time there the best ever. Other than working line control upstairs, I didn't get to see much outside of the autograph area, but who cares....I got to chat with all of the stars...and I know their coffee preferences :)!!!!!

I will definately do this again! Just go ahead and sign me up!

By the way, those of you who didn't quite understand who the cute little kid in the suit and tennis shoes was, don't feel bad...a couple of the stars turned him away themselves. Until certain knowledgeable IKs let them in on the secret!

I just want to let everyone know that all of the stars of Star Wars are absolutely fabulous! I guess I expected a bit of snootiness from them, but all I got was friendliness and graciousness (and a few hugs and kisses)! Thank you to whomever got me started in this world and thanks to the big George for starting it all!

2. Boba_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    OK. Yes I had breakfast and a dinner with A.D. during C2. Then breakfast again today.
    He has the "Stih Happens Shirt" and he loves it. :) He said it is fabulous! :)

Wilson said something to me at the Lotus that went over my head due to the fact that I was so darn tired. When A.D. said at the concert that Jar Jar is a wonderful person and I like him or something or another. Wilson said that, that was directed to me.
    I was susposed to meet A.D. after the concert but one of his agents infromed me to wait until Sunday, I did. ;) I got a call on my cell and we meet Sunday.
    So that was the big thing for me at C2.

Other than that I had a great time even though not all things went well. But I still had a great time for the things I got to do.
  3. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
  4. Zuckkus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm....freak??

If the defination of a freak is someone who is totally into the world of Star Wars and enjoys EVERYTHING it has to offer, then

I AM A FREAK AND I AM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!

:D

Aaron

[edit]

If the dang server ever gets back up, check out my site and see all the cool stuff I got at C2.

Go to the New Additions page
  5. daisyahchoo Jedi Padawan

Well, on Friday after school I had my dad drop me off at the convention center since I did not wish to pay for parking, and it's a good thing I didn't drive because traffic was terrible Friday night. So, I was there, and I regretting not dressing up, as there were many others doing so. I shopped for a little bit, and I bought the Ep. 2 soundtrack and got some freebees. And then I went to go see Meet the Fetts, which I thought was quite interesting. I enjoyed listening to them talk. Anyway, I went home after that, it was about 8 or so. Saturday morning I had to get up horrendously early to go play with our school's pep band for the 500 mini marathon so I didn't get to the convention until after noon, but that's ok because I hear lines were quite long. I also didn't dress up in costume on Saturday on account of it being quite warm and humid, and trapsing around in heavy robes all day didn't sound all that good to me.
    So I got there and I was quite dissapointed to find out that the concert tickets had been all sold out. POO! But I went around and listened to some seminars, such as the costuming seminar, and I visted the IndyKnights booth (yay!), and worked on the diorama for Tatooine. I built a tiny house for it, and it actually looked quite good. I wanted to get some autographs, but the lines were once again horrendously long so I opted out of that.
    On Sunday, I got up early again because I had to do my sister's hair up like Padmé's, since we were both going in costume for the costume contest. She was quite the grouchy ladybug, partially because she thouht she looked rediculous and didn't want anyone she knew to see her. But we dressed up, her in Padmé's silver packing costume, and I in my Jedi garb. My dad took us downtown again, and we waited in the line snaking all the way back to the Dome for a time. But that wasn't bad. I realized by the time we had checked in for the costume contest that we had been beat ten times over. There were some people with some very nice costumes there. But that doesn't really matter. It tickled me that Anthony Daniels announced my sister's name with his English accent so it was Clahrah instead of Clara, like us Hoosier Hicks say it. Hehe, so that was the lovely weekend! I cannot wait until Celebration III. I hope it is somewhere remotely close.
  6. Princessewok Jedi Knight

The only thing I can say, is that at least most of you got to see everything. A side from working and sitting with Mr Phil Brown, I didn't get to see anything. Scott literally had to pull me away on Sunday, just to show me the vendors and the r2 display. The highlights of my weekend though, were getting an autograph from young uncle owen and young bobafett. Thursday night we got bibfordtuna "Michael Carters'" auto, and that was cool. I can say that Phil Brown is really really neat, and if you ever get to hear him tell his stories, you would be amazed. The concert was also good, but other then that, that was it. Fighting traffic on Friday and Saturday both really really sucked. Somebody should have thought that one a little bit better. Come on, who has a convention the mini on the same weekend. IPD had every street blocked and every god-for-saken parking spot gone. That sucked the most. Any who, thanks for a great weekend. I am still chilling cuz the weekend made me very tired.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.