main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Puzzle Pieces- oneshot Vader, Piett OT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedipati, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Piett contemplates his commander- Lord Darth Vader- when they are captured and locked in a Jedi-proof cell. He learns and figures out some surprising facts.
    A/N: This was written for starwarsficfest on livejournal. I recently realized that I hadn't posted it here. I hope you all enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Piett looked at his commander as the door to the cell closed. Lord Vader was still, and Admiral Piett guessed that he was unconscious.

No matter. It wouldn?t take long for Lord Vader to get them out once he woke up. Piett looked over as his Lord made an odd noise, almost a moan.

Lord Vader sat up slowly and leaned back against the wall of the cell. ?Admiral, what is the situation??

?I do not believe our captors are rebels, milord,? Piett started. ?They seem to think that you can be used to lure? someone? here. I?m not entirely certain who it is. I don?t know why I?m still alive, but the guards were killed, as was the pilot.?

Lord Vader was silent, save for the sound of his breathing. He stood up slowly and began to examine the cell they were in. He growled low in his throat; the sound was picked up and amplified by his mask. ?A cell meant to trap a Jedi,? he explained, when he saw Piett looking at him.

Piett frowned. ?Why does it hold you, milord? You are not a Jedi.?

Vader sat back down. ?Sit down, Admiral. We are going to be here a while.?

Piett blinked but obeyed. ?Yes, milord.? He trusted Lord Vader, and he knew Lord Vader valued him as a second in command. He didn?t know why he?d asked about the cell, but he didn?t expect an answer.

Vader looked up. ?Jedi are nearly extinct, as you know. We have been chasing the last known Jedi for nearly two years.?

?Yes milord. Skywalker.?

?Yes, Luke Skywalker,? Vader broke off for a moment. ?But Jedi and Sith are similar in some respects,? he continued. ?Those things that trap Jedi can sometimes trap a Sith.?

Piett frowned. ?This is one of those things??

Vader sighed. ?Yes. I recognize the design- it?s one of the Emperor?s. He made them so they?d be able to hold all Jedi, Sith, or other Force users.?

?The Emperor?? Piett asked, alarmed.

?This is not his doing, Admiral,? Vader assured him. ?It is his design, but I can see where it was put into place hurriedly, and without all the safeguards. The Emperor would never do this work so sloppily, nor allow others to do so.?

Piett relaxed minutely. ?Then who would know how to do this??

Vader tilted his head. ?I have many enemies in the Imperial Court, Admiral. Many of them might be able to find the way to build this. Most of them would have the means. But you said that I am here as a lure.?

?That is what they said, milord.?

Vader didn?t move for a long time. Piett sighed and began to wonder who would have the power to hold the heir to the throne as bait. And he wondered who would want to take that bait. Finally, Vader spoke. ?Get some sleep, Admiral. I learned long ago that sometimes all you can do is make sure you are rested and fed. When you?re a captive and at the mercy of others, you never know when you?ll get the next chance.?

Piett blinked. Lord Vader had been held captive before?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Vader eyed the Admiral. Firmus Piett was a good man, loyal to Vader. If he must have a companion to witness this captivity, Piett was the best choice. He knew the Admiral was curious about Vader, but he?d never ask- or at least he?d stop asking if Vader told him to stop.

Piett stirred and woke up. His normally immaculate uniform was creased and wrinkled. He glanced at Vader before stretching stiff muscles.

?Our captors brought breakfast. Your portion is by the door.? Vader told him.

?Thank you, milord,? Piett said. He made no move to get up.

?It?s bland, but you will want to eat, Admiral. This is no time to be stubborn,? Vader said. He caught a stray worry from the Admiral?s mind. ?The food is not drugged.?

Piett nodded. Vader could feel that the man was still somewhat uneasy whenev

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Vader and Piett - for some reason I have a soft spot for Piett. Well done - I like it!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! I would have liked to see more. Hint. Hint. :p

Nicely done! =D=

4. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    This was a great vignette. Vader and Piett locked together and chatting with no force-choking in sight:D . Great! Thanks for sharing=D=

5. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    This was great! Piett seemed to be relaxed around Vader. If I worked for Vader I would be all up in knots. Hoping that I don't do the one thing that will grant me a force choke.

6. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Very nice, I enjoyed it =D=

I too always liked Piett, I think he had a streak of morality and believed he was doing the right thing. His inherent loyalty was one of the reasons I believe Vader valued him so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.