main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey PVC Blaster building day.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Reaper63, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    This was planned for last month, but I had to reschedual. Well, here is the new date, and I thought I would invite you guys as well, since I actually live in NJ, and that's where the event will be.

The new date is August 9th. I'm thinking a start time of Noon. The location as of now is my place, but if enough people sign up for it, I'll check with My parents to see if I can borrow their garage, more room, and we could spread out to the back yard and such.

The main project is a couple of Fleet Trooper blasters, but we could expand this into a complete prop making day. Eithe Lightsabers, or bigger props. E-11s would be just as easy, and I am planning on doing one myself

for thos e that are planning on doing the PVC Blasters, and want to order the Resin parts, I will need the $30 from each of you by July 19th. That is the day of the picnic and SWNYC meeting. so, we can do the transaction in person. TO do a E-11, the cost would be $55

There are some things you guys canb pick up yourselves to have handy at the time. 1 will be a Dremel, if you have it. Some sanding heads and cutting wheels. if you don't, I have 2 battery operated ones, and am proably getting a plug in version soon too. I have a drill, but unless we do use my parents, I have no vise grip to hold parts when using the drill, and No drill press at all.

I would suggest you each, or two of you get a tube oifepoxy resin glue. the two part type. I use the 5 minute fast acting type, it sets quick enough to move on to other parts. I also suggest picking up a package of something along the lines of the Leak stopper Steel Epoxy Putty. It has a workign time of 2 minutes, adn is completely set in an hour. It might be a little more expensive then scuplty, but it sets by itself, doesn't have to be cooked.

Now, I got as many resin caste Single points as I could. I currently have 4 single point castes. two are better then the other,s although all will do. They will be given out first come first pay, pending an answer from a friend that might be able to provide more. Based on a sample I sent him.

Like I said, All will be fine for the blasters. If more then 4 people sign up for the project, and I can't get more Single points, then the price of the resin parts will be lower, and there is a PVC tutorial for a single point. WE can get the parts for that one too.

But I think I can get more singlepoints from my friend.

Any questions you can post here, PM me, or email me at ETOC630@hotmail.com. Put PVC BLaster day in the title so I know what it's about.

Thanks and all are welcome.

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Ed...what is the difference between making a PVC Blaster with Resin vs Wood & PVC?

I saw a website that they used some wood and PVC...and that was about it.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

3. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    the main reason we are ordering those Resin parts, is if you use wood you have to carve it to the right shape, and sand, and then probably carve some more. The guy I'm ordering from is pretty cheap for the parts, and you will only have to do a little sanding to fit the pieces to the PVC sections. It's just a small cheat to make things easier.

That's the only difference.

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    gotcha...

I won't have the money that is required to build one this time...

But I would still like to come to the workshop...for future events.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

5. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    So is this gonna be official? I wanna know whether or not I can add it to the banner.

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Yes, we are going to have a presence there.

Ed has been gracious enough to host the event.

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Cool deal..Can't wait to get the E-11 going!
    Looking forward to it Ed!!

~DG~

8. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Ed, I would love to be able to go to a future workshop, but in the meantime maybe you could pm me if you know anything about putting together a Boba Fett ROTJ style blaster.

Any help would be great! :D

Have fun everyone!!

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Well this isn't gonna work for me. I can't take off two Saturdays in a row. It just won't work. I wish I could but can't...sorry.

10. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    You most certainly can make this an official event.

I'm looking forward to this as well. I am having a little problem with the guy I had gotten the resin peices from, he's not returning any emails right now. I'll keep everyone updated on that.

But the workshop is still a go, there were only a few pieces coming from him. And most of the Blaster can be assembled without that material. And we could even look into alturnative ideas. Including toys or as the tutorials I have been reading suggest, carving wood for the grips.

As for the ROTJ Fett Blaster, Give me a few days to think about it. I know that you most likely can make a decent Hardware Blaster. but I haven't given it much thought. I do know a few places that offer kits, but I can't quote prices. Ebay has them for about $175 though :(

I'll PM you some of my initial ideas.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    So Ed, when is NJO member going into your sig? :p

12. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    as a proud member of the Rebel Legion, I'm just too lazy to start listing all the groups I'm a member of lol.

Well I guess I can add NJO and the MEPA to it too. lol

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
  14. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    ok, I need everyone who will be coming to the blaster day to email me at etoc630@hotmail.com

In your email, I need what project, if any you are planning on working on.

I want to start organizing a few thigns, and those of you working on either the E-11 or the Fleet trooper Blaster will need to download some templates. Just for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I can not confirm my attendance...nor project. I may just come to watch.

16. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Hey are any of us still going to this cuz I finagled the day off on Saturday and I'd like to go...not to build but just to go.

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Doubt that I am coming...

I will have Callie most of the day....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.