main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Ep. XII: "What is it but a map of busy life, its fluctuations, and its vast concerns?"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, time to start up a new thread!

RSA EDIT: Locked at CR's Request :)

2. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    DH wants to know if we had seen the article on JR that she posted about in the other thread. I saw it -- there was a lot of information there! It was pretty cool.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I saw it and liked it as well. :)

Yay for the new thread!

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay for me and all the attention I'm getting.
    Just kidding..

I can't believe we're on the 12th version of this thread already.

5. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Wow, Matt, this must be your month. GREAT article on you. I had no idea you had several other city engineers in the family. Or that you were a fan of Star Wars. ;) And CONGRATS on being selected to be in the Rose Parade! You and SR both, wow!

Not much going on here. Been doing a lot of travel for work. DC last month and Boston this week. ZZzzzzzzzz.

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey JR, congrats on being picked for the Rose Parade!! That's great!

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Congrats JR! So glad that you got in. We'll have to look for you guys...somehow.

here's something fun to liven up the boards.

CHUCK NORRIS FACTS
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.

Chuck Norris is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.

Contrary to popular belief, Chuck Norris, not the box jellyfish of northern Australia, is the most venomous creature on earth. Within 3 minutes of being bitten, a human being experiences the following symptoms: fever, blurred vision, beard rash, tightness of the jeans, and the feeling of being repeatedly kicked through a car windshield.

Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Chuck Norris has 72... and they're all poisonous.

If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'til." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

Chuck Norris drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

When Chuck Norris sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes only a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. Chuck Norris has not had to pay taxes, ever.

The quickest way to a man's heart is with Chuck Norris' fist.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

CNN was originally created as the "Chuck Norris Network" to update Americans with on-the-spot ass kicking in real-time.

Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

What was going through the minds of all of Chuck Norris' victims before they died? His shoe.

Chuck Norris is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

Police label anyone attacking Chuck Norris as a Code 45-11.... a suicide.

Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.

Chuck Norris doesn?t wash his clothes, he disembowels them.

A Handicapped parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Chuck Norris and that you will be handicapped if you park there.

Chuck Norris will attain statehood in 2009. His state flower will be the Magnolia.

Someone once videotaped Chuck Norris getting pissed off. It was called Walker: Texas Chain Saw Masacre.

If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool Chuck Norris once and he will roundhouse you in the face.

The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Chuck Norris played in second grade.

Chuck Norris once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger, by yelling, "Bang!"

Chuck Norris once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Chuck Norris re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

Chuck Norris has two speeds: Walk and Kill.

Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.

Contrary

8. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hi everyone! I'm back from NYC -- what're ya'll up to? Internet access was just not there, or maybe I need a new laptop! :p

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey JB, welcome back from NYC. Coincidentally, we've been entertaining my wife's friends from NYC. They're staying with us all week. They have a cute 4 month old daughter with them. They speak primarily Japanese, but they are making an effort to communicate with me in English.

I've been really busy here at work these days. I get so tired when I get home. I don't have much time to do anything else.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

10. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    JB, so glad you're back in time for VK's partee!

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Hi JB! welcome back! What's happened to our buddy SR? I haven't heard from him in a lifetime.

12. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Poor SR is working himself to the bone...you should see him! But you barely can, he's gotten so thin! Seriously, he is working soooo much in his new position we hardly get to have lunch anymore, but he's still our SR and will post when he can! :)

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just posted a Thanksgiving greeting to him (SR) on his myspace. I miss his wit and wisdom!

14. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Don't worry, I'm here!
    I haven't forgotten about anyone. I'm just busy at work now and don't have the time to post and then by the time I get home I'm too tired as well.

I wish I had some wit or wisdom for you JediFan but as of right now I'm all out.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's okay. It's just good to know you're still around!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy Hawaii!

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Well we're off to LOSCON...ugh, 3rd con in a month. *tired* Still, we'll be seeing some friends and fans, so we're keeping our chins up! :) Sorry I forgot to post about the local show before, but if you're interested, come on down!

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    JB

Have fun at LosCon. Have gone to this convention for years, but may not make it this year. Maybe make it there for a few hours today.

It is a fun little Con. About 1,000 people - and a general SF con.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    There was a nice little story in the SGV Tribune this morning about the convention.

19. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Aww,man this year's looks really killer, especially with Bernie there! I always want to go but never can because its always Thanksgiving weekend. Oh, well. :(

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Man! I wish I had read this earlier because I would have gone to see the special guest artist! I hope it was a nice time. I guess when you are working the con it gets tiring.

We bought a new DVD player last night to replace our old Toshiba which would not play DVDs any more. We bought a (wait for it) Sony DVD Player. I was thinking about investing in an HD DVD but opted against because regular DVD players are so inexpensive and we only have regular DVDs. I think I want to wait to see who wins, HD DVDs or Blu-Ray.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think my iPod's battery is dead. It doesn't seem to be holding a charge.

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes, working a con is...well, working. But really I shouldn't complain: I like my jobs...but I DO get tired. Sheesh, I miss you all! If I'd known you'd've wanted to go, I'd've posted earlier!

23. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Today we are having a party at work. JB did all the planning and decorating. She has been working there over a year now. I think she is going to work out nicely.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I want to work for Sony and go to a JB party. I heard last year's was a blast and that was because JB organized it. MAN!

Well, today I am posting from my home computer because, well, we're on strike, again. Once again it's an ineffective strike, at least that's what JR told me. I was going to go down later but JR says it's not worth it because everything is so darned disorganized. Stupid union.

Oh, and my iPod is okay. I don't know what the problem was, maybe I left it on and it just played out it's battery. I don't know.

25. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Good luck with that strike thing, DH and JR!

Our party was okay...I think I liked last year's better, but oh well. It was stressful because the food was late, but whew! now it's over and I can relax. I want to go home and take a nap now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.