main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Ep. XII: "What is it but a map of busy life, its fluctuations, and its vast concerns?"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    So I guess I don't make a good Stormtrooper as seen here with Princess Leia and me just standing there not trying to capture her or something.

This was yesterday on Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks at the Earth 2 Comics store for Free Comic Book Day.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/101_1126.jpg]

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Nice! Good thing you didn't do that today because it's frakking HOT outside!

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Like what yesterday it was snowing? I almost passed out from the heat.

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, you are too cool for words. I'm surprised she didn't throw herself on you!

I love the word "frak" but I'm going to refrain from using it because it's almost like using the real word. Of course this only stands until BSG comes back because I'm sure there will not be a more appropriate word to use except that one.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks DH
    Though I'm falling apart in the photo. My shoulder bell on the right is falling backwards and my left thigh piece is twisted.

The funny thing was that Leia showed up late so she didn't see me before I suited up. During the whole event we chatted, I knew exactly who she was in real life and I just assumed she knew me too. Well after the event I took my helmet off and she was like "I know you!" I was like yeah, we met during the Rose Parade activities. She said she had no idea it was me the whole time.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So this Leia isn't the brightest bulb in the pack? No surprise there. Your stories crack me up, SR.

I just found out from a co-worker that her son's baseball teammate has a brain tumor. His prognosis is not good and the doctors are only giving him a short time to live. For those who are so inclined, please pray for little Noah and his family. For those who are not, just ignore this message and try to keep happy thoughts for him and his family. He's only five years old.

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    a doormat

[image=http://bp1.blogger.com/_FZ_yFVL8uAI/Re8GDoDuBKI/AAAAAAAAAGM/tljdtRiPXSI/s400/Felpudo.jpg]

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    SR,
    You looked damn good in that stormie outfit. The 501st is lucky to have you.

CBM,
    I have always wanted a dorrmat that said, "Go Away!" [face_laugh]

9. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    My Mitsubishi HDTV is sad. Very sad. So sad, in fact, that the blue color is drooping a few inches into the rest of the picture. This makes me sad. Sad because the warranty has expired and I have no idea what this will cost to fix.

10. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I will go to Mitsubishi & look at HD TV's today. Then I'll tell them I'm not interested because my friend JJ's TV went f'klempt (no, it's not a euphemism for a naughty word. It means upset, very upset.) right after the warranty expired. Feel a little better now?

No, seriously, I truly believe people should do this a lot more often. We might get better products if more people said, "Don't buy it. Mine broke down 1 week after the warranty expired." etc.

11. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Is it a Plasma TV or rear projection?

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I have a bad headcold and earache. And it's already hot! Blech...I hate being sick when it's hot!

13. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    It is a rear projection, and I have found out that the convergence chip has gone bad. This tiny little piece of silicon will cost me $350 to replace! :_|

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    JB, Weren't you just sick a while back? Please take care of yourself. Your suffering makes us sad, too.

Feel better!

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm feeling better already -- still stuffy but no more ear pain! [face_dancing] I just called work to assure them I'd be in tomorrow.

I've been lying on the couch (like a good sick girl) watching the Griffith Park fire on TV. It's hot! We need more air conditioners in the new place...

Here's a weird thing: as you know I just moved 20 feet down the hall. I was lying on the couch and through the window I saw a stranger enter the building, knock on my OLD door, then leave. He didn't have a package or anything. I wonder what it was all about! :confused:

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So sorry to hear you are still ill, JB.

Yesterday we went to the dentist. I got a new retainer mold made so I can get a new retainer and hopefully correct my pushed out lower teeth. I've been wearing my upper retainer and my teeth hurt like crazy.

My padawan is going to be getting braces. We are interviewing orthodontists right now.

17. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Oh, well hey atleast it is not having to buy a new TV.

I bought a 50 inch plasma for my bathroom and am loving it.

Xbox 360 looks awesome on it.

I get to go have dinner with Bubba tonight! I bet you are all jealous. [face_dancing]

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    First question: Why do you have a 50ince plasma in your bathroom?

Second question: What are you doing in there so long that you can play video games?

Behave yourself with DB tonight.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm with SR, what the heck, JT? All I can say is I don't want to play XBox at your house or if I do I'm bringing my own controller.

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I want a big screen for the closet. Seriously! 'Course that's not as weird as for a bathroom, but I leave that kind of thing for our Portland branch...:D

My complaint: the new place STILL smells like new paint. I think that's what makes me feel sick. It seemed to go away, but when we got this heat wave, that's when it got strong again...and when I got my congestion. Hmmmm.[face_thinking] Also, I haven't been able to do an "official" change-of-address at the post office because the owner of our building hasn't given us a key to the new mailbox. Grumble...

Still, to end positively, I love the new place! Pretty new colors, and more space!

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I took two sewing classes today to learn to use my new serger. It's way more complicated then I thought anything could be. Still, I had fun and learned a heck of a lot. I hope I can remember it all for later use.

22. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    What?

I like bubble baths.

[face_mischief]

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Aren't you an engineer? Why are you getting paid to take sewing training classes?

24. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I have a totally non-related question for you LA folks.

D.J. MacHale, the author of a really popular teen book series (Pendragon) is going to be at two different LA book stores this weekend. I wondered if anybody has been to either of these book stores and if one is better than another.

Storyopolis, which is on Ventura Blvd in Studio City: or

Mystery Book Store, which is on Broxton in LA.

I figure that since I'm gonna make the long drive, I might as well go to the better store.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Sorry, JF, neither one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.