main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Ep. XII: "What is it but a map of busy life, its fluctuations, and its vast concerns?"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes, it's taken care of NOW. But this morning I needed to get clean and get out so I made do. :( No I have no handy shop in my swanky hotel. But hubby delivered the Colgate, so no more soap for me!!

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    When ES stayed with me she was without a toothbrush so I just called the front desk and they sent up a toothbrush and toothpaste. The same thing happened to my padawan during a trip two years ago. I would think that your very swanky hotel would have a similar service. Of course by now it's way too late but oh well...

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yes, thanks, DH. I'm willing to go without if I have to (I'm "gross" like that), but it was nice to be able to get them teeth clean. But, eww, *soap*?! I'd just use the toothbrush w/out anything else and rinse it a lot with water while brushing. Poor JB.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Glad you made it back to your temporary home safely. I can't wait for you to come back home, ES. Take care.

5. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm finally done with this semester![face_dancing] I just need to see what my grades are next week. Plus I guess I need to start applying to USC if I want to go there in '09. Thanks again to everyone who helped with my survey. I owe you guys one. Now is the time I need to find a job before the end of my 60 day notice. I don't know if this is permitted on the boards, but I'd like to ask if anyone knows of any entry level accounting/admin positions, I would appreciate any leads. You don't necessarily have to be a reference, all I ask is for a lead and I'll go apply myself, unless you don't mind being a reference.

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    The new LAUSD Classified Career Opportunities Bulletin came out yesterday. The link is www.lausdjobs.org. Look for the above bulletin.

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    JB, I have something for you, from VK that she gave me today when I helped her load her boxes onto her uhaul truck. It's the Strike Force bowling banner. Unless you'd like me to hold on to it?

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    So I watched that History Channel special last night. I like SW now more than before. That was a really well done show. Now how much do you think George thought out vs just coinsidence?

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    SJ -- yes, I'll take that banner for our bowling outings.

SR, I think Lucas was influenced by the Jos. Campbell stuff, but the rest is just scholarly interpretation. Of course in these post-modern, morte d'auteur times what Lucas intended matters not, even though he clearly (SEs) believes otherwise!

10. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Any of y'all watching the debate on CNN right now? It's political geektastic. :D

11. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    No, but I just pretty much cut all my hair off! :eek:[face_mischief]

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm watching Star Wars:The Legacy Revealed on the The History Channel. Very cool

13. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Did you plan on doing this and how does it look?

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, I needed a cut months ago...and when I went in I was in one of those moods: wipe them out, ALL of them! LOL! It's a pretty short bob and I'm feeling very summery and happy. I think about 5 inches overall are gone. Maybe more...I nearly went for a boy-cut! Luckily it's just your average 20s bob. :D I'm having fun swinging it around!

15. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Wow that sounds like a major change! I bet it's easier to care for, though. Hope you like it! :)

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Haircut, yes! Glad you got a good one.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I can't wait to see your new "do", JB. I'm seriously thinking of going short also. I'm tired of my hair.

I dvr'd the History Channel special and have not seen it yet.

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I haven't seen the History channel SW thing yet. I have it on my DVR too. I still need to finish watching Heroes. I have no time for anything these days! But I finally got some rest this past weekend. I feel better now. It seems I hardly slept the entire month of May.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    History Channel also had something called 'Star Wars Tech' on before the 'Legacy' show. There was also a show 'Star Wars at 30 years' and a rerun of 'Star Wars, Empire of Dreams.' I think I have to make a Star Wars VHS tape.

JB, I'm glad you're happy with your haircut. I usually keep my hair a little longer for the summer so I can stick it up in a pony tail when the weather gets a little too hot.

DH, You have such beautiful long hair, it would be a shame to see it go. If you really want to cut it off, have you though of donating to one of those organizations that makes wigs for cancer victims?

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    ^ That's what she usually does! :)

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Donates or ponytails?

22. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I think donate.

In other news, I'm really digging my new color and icon. MK, what do I have to bribe you... I mean give you to let me keep them.

I know you can't, I'm just kidding.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I had this mini rant but opted to keep it out. I'm frustrated still. Don't ask and don't respond to this. I just feel the need to verbalize some disgust.

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I want to keep my colors too... :( After Friday, it's back to CR Blue.

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    You look good in those colors SR. I miss having colors. I don't miss the responsbilities.
    I had a Carl's Jr. Teriyaki Burger for lunch today. It was very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.