main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Ep. XII: "What is it but a map of busy life, its fluctuations, and its vast concerns?"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Pickwick Center (in Burbank -- across from the equestrian center) has an ice rink! Also bowling (pretty inexpensive) and games. Saturday is supposed to be a rainy day - great for indoor activities...anyone want me to go further with planning a spontaneous LAFF skatefest?

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Go for it, kids. I'm decorating or I'd join you to watch -- tried iceskating once and that was enough for me.

3. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Okeee -- I'll start a thread!

4. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Sorry for the double-post, but I've got a new topic, or, a fresh complaint as the case happens to be:

Why do people think, when they are in an office hallway, that they are protected by some magical barrier from the occupants of the offices along said hallway - offices that all tend to have rather obviously open doors? Why do they walk down hallways laughing loudly in small groups, or gabbing obnoxiously on their cell phones?

Hey, Mr. and Ms. Loudy-Mouth, I'm trying to work in here!

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    My co-workers think there is some magical barrier separating their cubicle from all the others because they are always talking loud. I mean really loud. They are also in the bad habit of talking exclusively on speakerphone so you can hear all their conversations. I think they are trying to show off the fact that they are doing work (when they aren't just talking BS and wondering what to invest their money in).

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Oooooh, I hate speakerphones!

So, our big holiday party is in 2 hours, and judging from the meandering foot traffic outside my window, Scott and I must be the only ones left working. Yes, I know I'm posting too, but I'm also sealing the envelopes on our division's Holiday Cards. Whoo-hooo!

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I've openly complained to our management about the noise level in my area. I sit very close to the copier and printer alcove so people are always walking through my area. Spontaneous conversations break out right outside of the copy/printer area and it gets very loud and disturbing. Once our division engineer was standing behind me talking to a VERY loud co-worker (he's hard of hearing) and after about 15 minutes I finally turned around and told them that we have numerous available conference rooms on our floor and that they were welcomed to use them as the hallway behind my cubicle is not one. I was quite irate and probably should have been reprimanded for what I said but I just could not stand it any longer. I've asked that they raise one of my cubicle walls so the noise will be dampened. I don't know if it will happen but I can dream.

People are so inconsiderate.

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I hope this works, here are the pictures from mine ES and JL trip to Hawaii.

Hawaii

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I gotta run, or I'd look at them in depth, but hey -- thanks for the photos! Makes me want to go back to Hawaii... sigh.

10. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Ooh those are so beautiful! And U2 in concert? Awesome!

11. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    For the same reason they have long, loud cell phone conversations in restaurants or talk louder in a public place when they're talking in a foreign language (like we can't hear them if they're talking in Greek or Chinese)or they cut ahead in the line at the drug store, because they are rude and don't give a damn!

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    /\ /\ /\ Racist comment?

Anyway.. if I see another online ad with dancing silhouettes pushing mortgages.. I'm gonna smash my computer with a baseball bat.

13. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    JR, I think you and the Missus need a Hawaiian vacation. My computer's dead, and I'm not even devastated! Life here's still *not* good, but I feel ok! It'd be different if that was my first time seeing U2, but luckily it was #3, so I didn't get very much of the post-concert depression. That trip was a shot of soul-energy or something.

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Sara, move back out here and we'll share a house together :). I've got to start thinking about moving out of this place, the sooner the better, most likely.

15. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Definitely not intended so! I'm part Greek myself, and I don't care which language, the same goes for Americans & English people in another country and my understanding is our countrymen do this as much, if not more than many others. I'm just not rich enough to afford enough exotic vacations to know whether or not that's true.

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    JR's Observation of the day:
    I've been noticing a lot of kids around 6-9 years old running around holding things and pretending that it's a gun and saying "Say hello to my little friend."
    Now, are these kids watching Scarface? Or is that line a part of some cartoon or something?

18. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I believe that Scarface has become a gang related movie.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DB does the same thing, it's nothing to worry about.

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    My son says it, too. Thankfully, he doesn't wear the button down shirts with the HUGE picture of Al Pacino's face plastered on the front as many gange type kids do.

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
  22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That was fun VK.

23. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Helen, I'd absolutely love to move back, but I don't know if you could put up with me! :) ;)
    I don't know under what circumstances I could move back...I guess I could actively seek work there (but I doubt I'd be able to do that long-distance), and if it were pretty significantly higher pay than what I've received ($12/hr max so far), then MAYBE...?

Roight, well anyway, here, finally, are my Hawaii pics.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Nice pictures ES! I want to go back to Hawaii so badly.. Those steps at Diamond Head bring back some good memories.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah the Diamond Head climb was fun. And we met some cool people who helped us out of a bind we would have been in had we just taken the bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.