main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Ep. XII: "What is it but a map of busy life, its fluctuations, and its vast concerns?"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd like to move back someday. Unfortunately, I'm in a position of needing to help out my family, so it's not an option anytime soon (unless I decided to break away from/cut off being a part of my family, and I wouldn't do that!).

2. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I heard about this, too. As much as I miss RAGE, I hope it doesn't mean there'll be no more AUDIOSLAVE. If anyone hears more, please post the update of Private Message me.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - AirTran Airways on Tuesday defended its decision to remove a Massachusetts couple from a flight after their crying 3-year-old daughter refused to take her seat before takeoff.

AirTran officials said they followed Federal Aviation Administration rules that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a seat belt upon takeoff.

"The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other 112 passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to remove the family," AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

Julie and Gerry Kulesza, who were headed home to Boston on Jan. 14 from Fort Myers, said they just needed a little more time to calm their daughter, Elly.

"We weren't given an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything," Julie Kulesza said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

The Kuleszas said they told a flight attendant they had paid for their daughter's seat, but asked whether she could sit in her mother's lap. The request was denied.

She was removed because "she was climbing under the seat and hitting the parents and wouldn't get in her seat" during boarding, Graham-Weaver said.

The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the three tickets, and the Kuleszas flew home the next day.

They also were offered three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies, Graham-Weaver said.

The father said his family would never fly AirTran again.

[face_laugh]

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    As someone who loved kids (not in the Michael Jackson way) AND has gotten stuck sitting in front of a small child whose parents refused to control (They cursed me out when I asked them to have their child stop kicking my seat, then encouraged the child to kick it even more.), I have to say, I feel pretty ambivalent about CBM's news article.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    This should happen more often, IMHO. [face_plain]

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I see kids like that all the time and it makes me sad. Parents don't seem to care anymore. They're too worried about being their kids best friends. If that kid had kicked me in that seat...oh...it would be on.

7. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Quick! Call Nanny 911! :eek:

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm surprised that the airline also offered them a free flight later. I wouldn't have given them jack.
    My favorite part is when the guy says he won't fly that airline again [face_laugh] 'oh no'
    I love when people say that. When people tell me "Well, I'm never going to shop here again!", I ask to get it in writing.

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I once got in trouble while working back in college at a grocery store because when a customer told me that he was never coming back, I smarted off and said "Do you promise?". I didn't think he heard me but he did. Then he went to tell on me. Nothing happened though. I ruled that place.

I would have kicked them off the plane too. I don't want to be late or miss a connecting flight because you can't calm your kid. I'm sorry they are misbehaving, but that's not my problem.

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I smart off to people in my head. all. the. time.

11. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I wish the bad news at work would stop. I can't say anymore.:_|

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Too bad there are bad things going on at your work JB. Whatsa mesa saying?!? Your work is my work!

Work is going fine with me. I'm having to keep a big secret from my coworker Heith all this week. He doesn't know it, but his non work friends are throwing him a suprize birthday party at his house on Saturday (I'm invited) but I can't tell and I'm so bad at keeping secrets.

13. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    My SW car window decals may have gotten the LAFF some more new people. Yesterday when I pulled into the garage this really cool woman at the station said she liked my decals. We got to talking and she and her husband are really big fans. I've known her for a long time but never knew she was a fellow fan. KCET will begin to outnumber you Sony folks, MWAHAHHAHA!

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sony vs. KCET Smack Down! Tag team. SR, JB, DM, and Cris from 501st vs. JN, DW and others. Nerdy Public TV is going down! Live! Pay per View, all money received goes to charity.

15. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    you forgot to say "Sunday Sunday Sunday!"

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    A missing woman's body is found about two miles from my house. I drive by that location on my way home from work EVERYDAY.

Can I move back to Pasadena please?

17. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    But, Whittier is so lovely this time of year. Just like an episode of CSI.

18. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    I think just having DW on our 'nerdy' team will put us over the edge. No fears.
    Yeah, and Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Maybe we can use the smackdown as a pledge show. "When good PBS employees go bad..."

19. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005

Pasadena's been waiting for you, My Son. *queue Vader with beckoning hand*

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I went to bed at 5:00am this morning. Let's just say last night was a blast! I'm still in a fog thanks to my friend Jack. It was a surprise birthday party for my coworker Heith at his house in Venice. He was totally clueless. Very good time.

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    *looks at clock*
    What are you, ME? (tonight, at least, I believe I would have gone to bed around 3 if not for waiting for clothes to dry...)

:D

22. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    ES, are you two or three hours ahead of us? I'm too lazy to look it up.

I bought myself a Rubik's Cube, and after 3 days I was able to solve it. I used to be able to solve it quickly when I was a kid, but I totally forgot how to do it. I figure if Will Smith can do it in 10 minutes and then become successful (Pursuit of Happyness), I should be able to figure it out.

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm two hours ahead. I ended up going to bed around 5:30 last "night". UGH, I need to get on a more normal schedule!

I think I'm going to a job fair tomorrow...? But um...hmm, I guess I should make a reception/clerical-oriented resume and print out a bunch. I could make an office-y one, a restaurant-y one, a retail-y one, or an animal-related one.

24. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    When my padawan was younger and we had to take a trip, I would schedule everything around nap time to make it easier on everyone. To have a three-year old striking a parent is unacceptable. Someone call child protective services to take that kid away from her parents.

I miss ES. I was watching a supplemental DVD from the three-disc DaVinci Code DVD and they kept talking about Mary's "daughter" Sarah. They reminded me that it meant "Princess" which is what our own ES is.

25. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yep, and when I first moved back here, my mom had put up a "Princess" sign on my door (and I think she meant it as more than a fond nod to my name). Heh. She thinks I'm too materialistic, but I maintain that there're far worse out there...I think I'm fairly grounded (even if my head's in the clouds half the time).

I miss you too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.