main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Episode XI: "The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If you sell them as local pickup only.
    eBay is just too much work sometimes. Unless what you want to get rid of is worth a lot, it's easier to just give it away. The yard sale thing sounds like a good idea though, lemme know when that is.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah eBay is too much work. Do you know how much I would spend in boxes and shipping and the time and effort in putting it all together?
    So I lasted one night with my idea. I woke up this morning going I can't sell my stuff. Am I crazy? I did however sell a cd on Half.com. That stuff is easy. But I use work to do all the shipping and handling so I don't have to do anything there. But as for the Hasbro stuff a garage sell would work best but how much traffic do you think we would get in Whittier?

Oh and I did the phone thing first. I actually ended a friendship the other night via text messaging. This person who I no longer like wrote to me asking why I didn't visit her in NYC when I was there. I wrote back I just didn't want to see anyone, and she wrote back with just the letter "K" as in ok. That was it and I hope to never hear from her again.

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Gosh, I hope I never get a one-letter bye-bye!

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    gosh scott, you just wrote to me the other day FOAD... what does that mean? No love the Bubba anymore? Are we over too?

Actually, you did not return my text message Saturday. I was with a girl from East Texas, wanted to know where you lived.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    FOAD? That's mean. But that's a good way to get rid of someone!

I don't know how the traffic in Whittier is like. I'm sure if we advertise on Craigslist and put signs on Whittier Blvd, we'd get some good traffic. Then again, can you have a sale on your front yard SR? You live on a pretty busy street.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't recall ever writing that to you DB. Though if I did want to break up with you I will use that term. It took me a moment to understand what it meant but then I remembered it's your favorite saying to people.

7. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    No idea what FOAD is and thinking I don't want to at this point! SR, do I have to call you so we can refresh our friendship? It's been awhile and I'm getting worried. [face_worried]

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Wow! I actually know something JN doesn't. That's a first. Not sure that's the best thing to know either!!

9. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Must be all those kids you work with, JF, influencing your mind. I get the first two letters, btw!

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    and die. Now you know the whole thing. SJ took the padawan and I on a tour on Sunday. He showed me the building you work in. I know, I know... big deal. For me, LA is a whole different world, so seeing how people I know are connected to it is kinda neat.

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    you did not. I was being silly. Yes, one of my top 5 favorites, definitely.

12. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Ah, I feel so 'educated' now, lol! SJ showed you the lot where I work? Too funny. Feel free to stop on by-- sometimes I'm even there! Glad you had a good time playing in Los Angeles. :)

13. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm hungry.

CBM sent me a silly computer game. The object is to park a car. It can get addicting. I wish I did not have to keep starting over again though.

Oh, and JR and SR, I'll take your unwanted stuff... [face_whistling]

The ebay "trouble" made me think of the 40-year Old Virgin and how he sold some of his stuff. That was sad.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, I now have 152 cds up for sale on Ebay's Half.com. So far I've sold four cds making $15.

15. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Well I wasn't sure it was the exact building you work in. We were at the Sunset Junction and there was a building that had the KCET logo on it, and when I saw it, I recall you working for them. Not 100% it was that building, as I've never asked what city or where your building is located.

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Speaking of Yard Sales (several posts back), a group of friends and myself have 2 each year. The next one is October 6 & 7. What's sad is the amount of crap each of us has to sell and the large amount that we actually end up selling. After 3 years of doing this, you'd think my house would be empty. Not so. I think clutter reproduces (rapidly) when nobody is looking!! Does anybody else seem to have that problem?[face_thinking]

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Its like pruning a tree. it grows back fuller than it was before

18. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hungry?
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/TexasBurgerGuy/Hamdog/Luther_small.jpg]
    The Luther Burger: a bacon cheeseburger served on a Krispy Kreme bun.

If that's not enough of an artery clogger for you, try this
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/TexasBurgerGuy/Hamdog/Hamdog_small.jpg
    The Hamdog: a hot dog wrapped in a beef patty that's deep fried, covered with chili, cheese and onions, and served on a hoagie bun topped with a fried egg and two fistfuls of fries.

19. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I just hurled in my mouth. That is disgustingly wonderful. [face_sick]

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Which golf course serves this food? It looks bypassingly delicious! Which reminds me.. it's time for the LA County Fair, where you can get anything deep fried. Twinkies, Oreos, Cheese, Carburetors.

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    SR and I went to the Fair this past Sunday. He took a picture of a sign for a Chicken Sandwich on Krispy Kremes. Def. hurl-worthy!

22. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I have one word for these foods:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! [face_sick]

23. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Andy Flores (scab) doesn't shut up!!!
    Damn!! I just had to get that off my chest. None of you know what I'm talking about, and that's fine.
    See you Saturday. Enjoy your DVDs.

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Whack that babbling scab!

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.