LA, CA Q, C & EE, Episode XI: "The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Credit Union -- yes! I opened an account with our studio CU with a check BeSo had to write me. I'm just waiting for my checks and card. Today was the last day a paycheck was auto-deposited to WaMu; I had my company cancel Direct Deposit. It's kind of sad that 3 paychecks have entered my account, finally bringing me out of the red (no thanks to WaMu) and I still can't touch my money as they've "frozen" my account. I've been thinking very bad thoughts lately. I don't feel like myself. -- But not to worry, I have an attorney, and I'm gonna wield him like a double-bladed lightsaber!!!
  2. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with WaMu. My money is there, too. I've had very little trouble with them except the thing I posted at the beginning of this thread. Yeah, their customer service phone is not always accommodating & they DO lie just to get you off the phone.

Sue their butts!!

How about we all write to their corporate offices & complain?

There are too many companies out there who screw up & then want to blame/charge/penalize the customer they screwed up in the first place.

In the meantime, you should take your paychecks off direct deposit asap!!!
  3. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks, yeah I did...unfortunately, as with all bureaucracies there was enough lag time to allow one last paycheck to get deposited. :(
  4. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOTR by George

Very funny parody on SW and LOTR. Count the number of times they say money. And laugh at the fake Hayden Chritiensen!
  5. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The money's back! Of course they put TOO MUCH back... :rolleyes: I have zero confidence in this bank, so I've grabbed all the money and am putting it into my new Credit Union tomorrow! Wooohooo!
  6. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Great link, APL! "I don't use locations, I have computers" [face_laugh] Hilarious.

Glad to hear that you are slowly getting things figured out, JB!

7. JediRacer Jedi Knight

star 5
    That's great news JB! I'm glad it's all been straightened out. I've been using a credit union since I started working for the City. I haven't really had any problems with them (knocks on wood).

I can't see APL's video! They must have a block on it here at work. Oh well. It's better that way.

I have two boxes of donuts sitting next to me. It's so tempting! I've already eaten one. I can't afford to eat another. Someone please come take them away from here.
  8. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, mine is blocked, too.
  9. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm so so sorry guys I haven't posted in like a week or something. I've been so super busy at work right now that when I get home I just can't even think about getting on the computer. I've worked the past 14 days now and will work the next 14 as well maybe more. It's all good though. I did have enough time Sunday to go to the premier of The Grudge 2 at Knott's Scary Farm. I won tickets at work. It was pretty fun walking the red carpet seeing Sarah Michelle Geller and the rest of the cast. Then watching the movie which I did like though I thought it was pretty creepy. Then after the movie we had full range of the park. We went through all the mazes and there was a special Grudge maze that you entered and the entrance looked exactly like the house from the movie. The scariest part was the room covered in hair and there was hair hanging down from the ceiling and then to top it all off there was costumed characters dress in full hairy costumes that would stand in the corners then walk up to you in the dark and stand in your way. You would run into them because you couldn't see them! They were so super creepy. So that's what I've been doing. Have I missed anything here?

Here is a photo from the event. I'm on the left with my girlfriend (she doesn't get out much). The guy in the middle some of you may know he has come to some of our events. The guy on the end is the coworker HR. And you know the story there.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/GrudgePremierSized.jpg]
  10. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Hey SR, looks like you're sporting some new facial growth. Looks good! My padawan would love to go through the Grudge maze! Sounds like you have fun!
  11. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SR is lookin' good! Maybe being worked to death agrees with him!:p
  12. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow she is hot. Great catch SR!
  13. Varekei Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SR, Picture's blocked. Boo hoo!
  14. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well I have some news. I received an email today saying that I'm a finalist to march with Lucasfilm in the Rose Bowl Parade.
  15. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Wow that is super exciting! How do they pick from among the finalists?
  16. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    That's SSSOOOO exciting SR!!![face_dancing] Congratulations on getting this far! When should you know more? Are you choosen strictly from pictures? How is it done? More info please!
  17. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    Good for you, SR! That will be super-cool if you get in.
  18. Skyryder Jedi Knight

star 5
    Back in July right before Comic Con the SoCal Garrison got together at my work to prepare a video. In the video we had to all wear a number, much like that of someone participating in a race. Also, we had to stand in front of the camera and give our name and contact information. Then as a group we marched around the Sony backlot being filmed. This three minute tape was sent into Lucasfilm. They received about 800 entries from around the world. From that they have been narrowing it down. It seems that about 20 SoCal people were chosen so far as finalist. We will hear back in the next few weeks on whether or not we actually get to participate. We could also just be alternates as well.

Wish me luck.
  19. JediRacer Jedi Knight

star 5
    Good Luck SR! You'd better start practicing marching for 5 miles! You DO look really good in your costume.
  20. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck, SR!! Glad you had fun at The Grudge II--that maze sounds disgusting (the "hair room"?! Ewww). Also, you guys really shouldn't be dressing alike at this stage (haha)...

Hey APL, that vid was good--my fave part was the offhand way he said, "R2 and 3PO will play Merry and Pippin..." and it showed them in wigs! haha.
  21. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    wow! I just got caught up on the goings on and man!

JB, I'm glad your bank situation worked out in your favor. Perhaps the extra money was interest? Any way, it's a relief that it's over. I am a firm believer in Credit Unions and have been a member of mine since I started working for this huge municipality that employs me. I do have an outside account too just in case but don't use it a lot.

SR, matching stuff... [face_blush]

I miss everyone but life has been busy. I was sick all weekend. Juliet broke her leg and after a +$2400 surgery to put in two pins in her femur is doing much better. Work is, well, work. Padawan's fine and so is the Mr.
  22. JediNoc Jedi Youngling

star 3
    JB, YEA! on getting all your money + more back. Geez, you think that bank has some problems?!

SR, that's terrible about all the weekend work but you do get overtime, right? Hopefully? And it seems like things are going your way with the new co-worker and Rose Parade possibility. :D

DH, I'm so sorry about Juliet and the doctor's bills. How does a doggie that short break a leg? Poor girl.

Nothing new over here. Work travel and no play. Oh, except for the drive-in event we're having this Saturday with the strong possibility of RAIN. Is it possible to see an outdoor screen with rain pouring down in front of it and your windshield wipers going?
  23. ValedaKor Jedi Master

star 5
    I thought you'all would get a kick out of this picture. This is from an event that the Buffalo, NY FF just had at a local shopping center:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/BotanicalGardens.jpg]

Halloween is, indeed, coming... guess I should think about carving my Yoda pumpkins.

24. JediBith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Awww that's so cute! In a kind of wrong way, but... :D
  25. DarthHaskett Jedi Knight

star 5
    So where has the time gone? My days seem to whiz right by (except while at work). I've been hanging with my puppies after work in between checking my padawan's homework. Everyone in the office is coming down sick with the flu or cold or something. It's like an infirmary out here. I did go out to the field today which made it nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.