main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Episode XI: "The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I will be taking a test for promotion to a better job tomorrow morning at 8:00.
    Please send some good thoughts my way.
    Thanks,
    VK2

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Good thoughts, coming up!

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Good Luck, Varekei!!!!
    I'm sure you will do just fine!

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My complaint: somebody has been parking in my assigned space at work. There's a sign RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SPOT saying it's assigned parking. Plus, the car looks really abandoned and dirty. Monday if it's still there I'm going to have it towed [/mean moment]. :mad:

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    A friend of mine posted a bunch of quizzes, and this one was especially tricky...but I made a few guesses and got 80%! I don't expect anyone but NP to get close, but...heehee. :)

More!
    How New Jersey Are You? (I was only 20%)
    then, How Un-Jersey? (I'm 63% "not Jersey")

How English Are You? (I'm totally not...37%)

the insanely difficult Canadian quiz (renamed by ES) (hahaha, I don't understand most of the questions; got 26%)

Asian peeps! (55%, 'cause I *can* use chopsticks, but put "fork" since silverware is the most frequent eating tool of mine...whatever.)

Finally, The Quiz For the LAFF :D (I'm the "nice" one, obviously...)

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm only 10% more Asian than you ES.
    I think the other 35% of me is Mexican.

In other news. I've been very very tired. I've been really busy lately at work, and I've been working my days off and weekends. The OT money is good and will help pay for the upcoming holidays, but I'm so tired!

We also adopted 2 goldfish. I think they'll be dead in a week.

7. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    We have that problem in our lot, too. I went to Pep Boys and got a couple of those orange cones and put them in my spot when I go someplace for lunch or something. It's worked so far ... knock wood (raps knuckles on top of head.)

8. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Well for ES, and everyone else who spent their lunch hour taking those quizzes....

The results!

I AM:
    35% New Jersey (yes, I've herd of the New Jersey Giants)
    54% Non-New Jersey (shouldnt those two add up to 100%???)
    60% English (Tally Ho, I dare say)
    36% Canadian (You Hoser, eh?)
    79% Asian (I never knew I had it in me!)
    and I am a Nice Drunk.

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    The parking saga continues: okay, yesterday my spot was free again (yay!) but this morning when I arrived I was told that the entire structure was full and that I had to park in [alternate lot...10 more minutes on the road]. How can the structure be full when quite a few of us have assigned parking? Anyway, I get to the other parking and ask where to put my vehicle. The parking attendant waves vaguely to her left, so I go that way, find a spot, and join the other parking evacuees who are rushing to get to their desks on time.

An hour later I get a call: apparently I'm in someone's spot! Nice -- nobody took care of matters when MY spot was occupied! I had to rush over and give my keys to the valet service...who knows where my car is now? Will this happen tomorrow? All week?

I want cones, too!

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm a nice drunk but also slightly on the sad side.

11. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Poor APL. [:D] Big hug!

12. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I had forgotten for a sec that those were quiz results and had a few long heartbeats of serious worry! Phew!

13. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Hahaha! This slightly tipsy, very tired, disappointed election obsessee (see: MN gubanatorial election results) who needed to go to bed a couple hours ago found that pretty funny. Thanks, JB! :)

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Didn't realize you'd been there long enough to vote in that State's elections.

15. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    LOL I know. I knew I should've quoted or something. Thanks for the hugs too. I plan on never getting drunk to find out, since my friends predict I'd be an angry drunk, but who knows.

16. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm 12% Minnesotan, 36% New Jersey, and 77% Asian. Is it funny to anyone else that JJ is more Asian than JR and I?

17. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I totally missed that Minnesota quiz until now! I scored 77% Minnesotan. Apparently that means I am "urban Minnesotan, or at least from the suburbs, and you know your stuff pretty well! Great job!"

It's right about the suburb part. :p

18. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I just caught the link to the Minnesota quiz, and I scored only 13%. Oh well. I can still sing the lumberjack song from Monty Python....

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey VK2, the law here is that you need to have lived at the residence where you're voting for 20 days (if it's less than that you vote at your old place of residence), and I've been here since June. Also, in MN there's same-day registration, which my family took advantage of. :)

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Cool for you, ES! I have to say, I'm very proud of everyone who made the effort to vote. I've always thought voting is as much as responsibility as a right & privilege. And, it was pretty cool this year. For a change, enough of the people & propositions I voted for won to make me feel that my vote really does count.

21. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    So my padawan participated in "mock trials" this semester and my padawan's team won both the defense (last week) and prosecution (last night) trials! Yeah! Unfortunately last week they competed against automatons who were really good and our score was not very good. Last night the team they competed against was not as polished so we may have scored well in comparison. We'll see. Any way, it was very exciting. Yeah!

I was going to double post since this is an unrelated item but our own JR was in the newsletter (again), this time to announce his promotion. Scroll down to page 6 and you'll see his smiling face.

22. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    [image=http://www.funnycoolstuff.com/images/japanese-car.jpg]

23. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I KNEW IT!!!!!!!Ven aqui compadre!!![:D]

I've been working weekends at my second job and sometimes on saturday with my first job. Yes the money is nice, but at the expense of your sanity, I wonder if it's a good pay off...?

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Not to take any excitement away from SR, but I've been selected to march in the Rose Parade too!! Just for the heck of it, I sent in pics of me in my Rebel Fleet Trooper costume, and I just got an email saying I was selected! Perhaps because I live close by.

I'd better start getting in shape!

25. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That is awesome, JR! So we'll have two LAFFers in the parade? Sweet. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.