main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

QC Jedi Role Call !

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by qcjedisteve, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarbageChuteFlyboy

GarbageChuteFlyboy Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say "hi." I introduced myself in another thread, but it looks like everyone is checking in here.

Best to all,

Rob

2. Darth_Prozac

Darth_Prozac Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    I wonder if I know any of you freaks?
    OK raise your lightsaber if you know a guy named Eric Reiter.

OK, does everyone else n the QC identify with Luke when he says, "If there's a bright center to the universe you are on the planet that is farthest from!"?

3. Iowa_James

Iowa_James Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Don't be doggin' on the good ole' QC of A.
    I love this place! I've been from one side of this country to the other, seen a lot of neat things, but I've never seen anything to make me think that there's a better place to live than right here in eastern Iowa/Western Illinois. We have the perfect mix of small town qualities and big town energy. Out on the west coast nobody's sober and they'll screw you over in a heart beat. If you ever go out there and say you're from Iowa they'll automatically think you are a hard worker with good morals, why? Because we still do things the right way.
    They'll stab you in the back out there in Cali. The only difference on the east coast, is that they'll stab you in the front.
    Been through the south, great plains, and desert area, and they're all kind of dirty and lazy. When it comes to having a blast, Vegas might be the place to be, but when it comes to living in the brightest center of the galaxy, it's right here. Don't like it? You can always move.
    Peace out,
    Iowa_James

4. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Wow I think the carbon freeze got to his brain. I've been around too and the two places in the US I've noticed are very nice to live are Portland Oregon and Billings Montana. I'm not saying the QC sucks (and that's a pretty easy going statement considering my first impression was the center of the ghetto in Davenport) because it can be very nice and has some homey qualities but you can't just up and say one place is better than all the rest.
    You could say I'm biased to Western Canada because unlike Eastern Canada we don't have silly accents and confused provincial government. But Ontario folks will argue with me.
    Every place has it's ups and downs and there is a great deal of variety, it suits different people different ways. Don't forget that without diversity our civilization would be boring as hell.

5. IOWAN-RANGER

IOWAN-RANGER Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Hello Everyone,
    Just a friend of Jimmy's, told me that I should check out your site. Very cool, and good web site also. Hope to meet you all someday, Jimmy speaks highly of ya'all. So, just wanted to say hi and good luck.

6. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Tolkien may be the god of books, but his movie would not have had special effects of any kind if not for Lucas. Lucas IS movies. Need SE? Need sound? You pretty much have to go through Lucas.

7. IOWAN-RANGER

Aug 29, 2002
    I think it says Tolkien, not Jackson. Stories are always better.
    Friendly here isn't it?

8. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Ranger we are a freindly bunch but you will find that som members on the QC Jedi are of a very negative stance toward LotR because of claims that it is better than Star Wars. It is nothing negative just a thing of sac-religon to say that LotR is better than Star Wars.

9. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    There's no reason why a fan of one can't be a fan of the other. Granted I haven't seen Fellowship nearly as many times as Star Wars, well ok once actually.

Still, it may have been bleeding out of every orrafice with ILM special effects but it was still very good. The special effects done on the troll made Harry Potter look like a South Park cartoon. That elf dude with the bow was one wicked warrior and the speed, creativity, and delivery of his amazing skills with those arrows left Jedi ringing in my ears because you'd have to be one to do what he did, that guy was bad ass.

The fact that it's in a whole different genre (mythical/medieval) gives it a different flavor than Star Wars and comparing the two would be like trying to compare apples to bananas. As for it being better than Star Wars, well when I see fan forces and conventions popping up everywhere for LOTR then I'll start to wonder but we all know it ain't gonna happen.

10. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    Well, LOTR does have that one wizard from the Conan O'Brien Star Wars skit that was eating Burger King - the foods that all wizards eat. And I got very offended when the directors of that pile of horse manure said that they had the best film trilogy ever when their movies weren't even made yet. Have those guys ever seen Star Wars? How about Indiana Jones? Or Back To The Future? Or The Godfather, in which the second installment is considered by many to be the greatest movie ever? I came up with four that were better, and that was just off the top of my head. No offense intended toward any LOTR fans, just the people who made it. They're all commies.

11. IOWAN-RANGER

Aug 29, 2002
    Well, I am in no way tacking any kudos from George, I just like the novels better(bit of a reader). They stimulate my mind more. I really don't like that Jackson guy who is doing the movies, I am a fan of the books and it worried me when I had heard that they were making the movie. It did turn out ok, thanks to what GL started, but the story is still too big for the big screen. So don't take my sig too bad, I am a reader and like to use my imagination. I think I am up to around 160 in seeing EPIV, so I am a SW fan. Just wish they Rangers types in SW, LOL. It would be my all time favorite, although the Mandolarians(spl?) are much like us. Kill them all, let god sort them out.

Peace brother QCans

12. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    I'm a big reader, too. It is cool to stimulate your mind by reading. Books don't need special effects - thay have no boundries. That's what is so great about them. And you've only seen ANH 160 times!?! What the heck, man? I think I've got you beat by about 200 viewings!

13. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    reading sucks. movies rule!!!!!!!!!!! MUSASUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.