QCJO/CF Wizard World 04 meeting?

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by TT_Boy, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
  2. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    We definitely have a dinner party planned.

BTW What's that supposed to be?
  3. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Can't you tell, it's a tall Ewok and Blue Milk

I'll be at WizardWorld for sure!
  4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll be at Wizard World. Steve Sansweet will be presenting his Episode III preview during the con.

Phil
  5. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    STBM (sucks to be me)....I will only be at WW for a very short time (if at all) on Saturday morning...

:_|

and FABULOUS Chewie...
    =D=
  6. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be attending with a rather large group of friends, but we'll be running around solo (No, not Thom) throughout the weekend. I'll be one of the random people counting in the air in front of Vendors tables, all the while drooling. We've already got hotel rooms if someone wants to hang out up 'dere.
  7. hothie Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey all. I'll be driving in from Des Moines to attend WW. I'll be there on Saturday, and then to the Museum of Science and Industry on Sunday to see the ILM models. I looked at your calendar, and it looks like you don't have anything planned for the con, even though some of your members will be attending. What gives? Especially with Steve Sansweet in attendance, I would think you'd be doing something. Let me know if you make any plans.
  8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    We have an annual Wizard World dinner at the local Giordano's, usually on the Saturday of the con. More details will be forthcoming. I think it would also be cool to make a post-dinner trip to Hala Kahiki (excellent Hawaiian bar) in River Grove.

Phil
  9. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hawaiian Bar?? I'm already having visions of Bosh singing "Tiny Bubbles" to the crowd after one too many drinks in Tiki Cups. :oops:
  10. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Are we doing anything special for Wizard World?
  11. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    Here is the 85% done chewie

[image=http://www.quadcityjediorder.com/images/chewy/DSCN0286.JPG]
  12. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    My father and I were thinking about taking Jan Duursema out to dinner, so Would you guys mind if we invited her along? If you know her, she pretty much created Aayla Secura and Is a Star Wars comic book artist. Shes also REALLY nice.
  13. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    While I second the idea of going out for drinks after the con (hopefully I'll be able to attend this year) I feel it necessary to warn against Hala Kahiki. It is indeed a great bar, and it's closeby, but it is absolutely MOBBED on weekends (and just about every night in the summer, actually.) Groups of a mere four persons usually have a 25-30 minute wait before being seated, and parties of six or more can expect to wait for over an hour. The ables themselves aren't made for more than six, so the group would have to be split up throughout the bar.

All in all, it's an interesting idea filled with logistical peril.

On the other hand, there are no shortage of hotel bars in the area, nearly all of which I'm certain will be filled with fellow 'con attendees.

-Le Penguin
    "This is the panel on why you people are idiots! We'll take no questions!
    Now line up for your beatings!
    And no questions!"
  14. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    FlippingYodaCola, why on earth would you ask if we minded you bringing a "professional Star Wars-anything" out to Dinner with us. There are no small parts in SW....except for that one guy, in that one movie who played that one part that got killed. I think we can find SOMETHING interesting to talk about with a SW comic book artist. Hmmmm, lemme see....
  15. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be awsome cola!
  16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I agree, 'twould be most cool. I've talked to her at past conventions and she is really nice. In fact, she had asked about our t-shirts. I should see if I can scrounge one up.

Phil
  17. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    [image=http://www.quadcityjediorder.com/images/chewy/DSCN0283.JPG]

The editor of Bantha tracks eat with us at the fan force dinner last year. I just can't rememeber her name. Also, Mr. Bat are you going to wear my Biker scout to WW or not? Alos, are any of you doing a rebel costumes at WW?
  18. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    damn that chewie looks great. you guys are outdoing yourselves this time!
  19. Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow Cola!

If we can eat with Jan Duuresma I would be absolutely thrilled!!
  20. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    So the dinner must be at 7:30 since it's on the the border announcements area. Is there another thread that I cannot find with more info, or is this it?
  21. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Doh, QCJO boys' account is suspended, no more pics. AND I forgot to save them. Rats.
  22. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    femme, unfortunately at this point, there is not another thread.
    But rest assured, the details are being worked out and will be posted soon.
  23. hothie Jedi Master

star 2
    Sithspawn you people are evil. Spend time with my aunt and uncle whom I never get to see, or go out with Jan Duursema and a group of fellow fanatics...tough, tough choice, there. I might join you for a little while.

Is Jan going to be at the con then? I haven't seen anything about SW comic artists/writers/etc on the WW guest list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.