main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

QCJO Year end report/ 2004 year

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, it?s almost the end of year for the QCJO. This has been a productive year with QCJO Cook-Out, Capricon22, CostumeCon21, Slanted Fedora, Wizard World 03, Dragon Con 03, and WindyCon30. We have how ever fallen behind with meetings this year, but that is because of all the conventions, movies, and local events that happened every month. So there really was no reason for many meetings. However, this will be changed in the coming year, with one meeting a month no matter what.

I would like to all so tell you all about the importance of attend a convention. This, I believe, is the main point of forming the QCJO. I do know that con?s cost money to go to, but they are so damn fun! Chris and I try to post upcoming Con?s months in advance to get you all a equal chance to attend, get funds, or time off work. Con?s are the place to meet other Star Wars fans, and other Fan Forces. Plus, if we attend as a larger group then three people, we can represent the QCJO.

But there will have to be some rules set down for next year ?convention tour.?

1. Carpooling is great, but the people in the car will be at the con for the whole con.
    2. Hotel rooms can be split up, but your share of the room will be required to pay the card holder at the end of the con.
    3. Do what ever you want at the Con, but act responsible. . . .
    4. Don?t count on other people to make the con ?Fun? or ?Good?, the con is what you make of it. So if it sucks don?t blame other *cough* *CostumeCon* sorry guys.
    5. What happens at a con Stays at the con.

Now your asking your ?But Steve, I don?t have any money.? Well, most cons cost around $150 - $200, and that is for hotel, food, con badge, and gas. Think of a con as a little weekend get away or a cheap date.

Most of you have ?Con-ed? with us in the past, and I trust you all have had a fun time.

So having said all this, the next Con is CapriCon23 in Chicago Jan. 30th ? Feb 1st. estimated cost is $175.

Also, the website WILL be redone for a Jan 1st 2004 release.

Thank you and MTFBWY
    Steve

2. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Some thoughts...

We can have an event at my clubhouse with the Big screen, we would just need to add the Home theater hook up to the Big Screen. Maybe do Pirates or Indy Trilogy. We could order pizza, stuff like that. My manager was looking into getting a theatre system for the club house. I would just need some dates in advance so I can reserve the clubhouse.

Laser Tag would be great and also F-1 Go Carts. Things are hectic with school and work but hopefully it will get better.

3. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    People still read the boards? :)

4. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Of course they still read the boards. Well, ok I still do, it's the way to find out what I miss-sorta.

5. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hey I check the boards everyday and we are looking into buying a house and hopefully closing at the end of december. The house is much bigger then where we live know so we will be able to meet there for meetings and also the place comes with a pool table also a plus.

6. qcjedimatt

qcjedimatt Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Good evening everyone. Of course I read the boards...I am a little curious, what did occur at the cons this past year? I also agree that we should try and get together each month. Take care everyone, see you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.