main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD QLDFF LAN Party Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I know this is gonna cost me one of my "Man Cards", but I like the Anne of Green Gables television adaptions.

As for the LAN, yeah sure, sign me up. I'll bring all my loot, and Tim and I might finally have that T-65 duel we've been waiting for.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh, we will. I was idly flicking through my game collection last night, looking for appropriate games that would be easy to get going on everyone's machines, so my various Quakes and Unreal Tournaments got tossed on the pile, but I carefully set aside X-Wing Alliance, for anybody who wants to bring a joystick (so at this point, myself, Magnus and Loz :p) and go sit off in a corner being nostalgic.

Personally, I plan to play enough First-Person Shooters at this thing to make my eyes bleed, but I will definitely be setting some X-Wing time aside, and it's always nice to have some different sorts of games here and there to lend some variety to the proceedings.

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    X-Wing A. and Racer :D
    Galactic Battlegrounds, for those of us who like RTS.
    And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Jedi Academy has a "death match" mode.

4. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    You're quite correct, which is why my copy of Jedi Academy (read: HappyBob's copy of Jedi Academy which I've had in my possession for at least a year now but never really played) is on the pile. However, I've got a feeling it might need the disc to play, so people wanting to play it at the LAN may need to procure their own copies. But someone feel free to correct me on that one.

And ooh, haven't played Podracer in aaaaaages. Awesome, highly under-rated game. :D

5. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    Zerebin is in for this, plus he'll have the Zero Hunter (my laptop) for the gaming.

6. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks for hosting, MS. I was reluctant to put my place up at the moment, because of uni etc but maybe i'll host a marathon or something later in the year!! ;) ;)

7. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I've never actually played the death match mode in Academy. So as to whether or not it requires the disc I've no idea. Having said that it IS an older game and we might be able to rig something to work in its place. Also since it is an older game it may be a little hard to get. I picked it up for $7 a couple of years back (with Outcast), but I got the impression the games they were selling then where on their last legs.

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    JA might still be populating bargain bins around the place, I really don't know. Regardless, I'll check it out, see if DM will work without the disc, and if not, whether it's copy-protected or can be burnt. I've never played JA DM, but I did enjoy the occasional Jedi Outcast match against bots. I'll have to find where I stashed that Theed Palace hanger + reactor map I downloaded, that was freakin' awesome.

9. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    *blink* Theed Palace reactor map *blink*
    I never bothered too much with patches or mods for either game, but that would be sooooooo awesome for pvp mode :D

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh hell yeah. :D This sucker was massive. On my old computer the framerate used to go through the floor when I went into the reactor room. The map I had was for JO, but it may well work in JA, and if not, I'm sure there's an updated version somewhere out there. The detail level was extremely impressive, it was a very popular map.

11. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm sure we can "Fix" the problem about lack of discs

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I haven't found the hanger map yet, but I did find a seriously awesome-looking series of Episode 3 map-packs, which look like they'd be very cool fun to play on.

EDIT: Here it is! :D

13. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for the hosting, MS('s folks). Is that the room we saw in the Zombie movie?
    Er, [face_worried] Can people still give Kahlan shopping money?

:p

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Yes, the very same back room where I filmed the Zombie movie.

I'd love to play some JO and Racer. I've also got all of the C&Cs (RA2 FTW), CSS, Battlefield 2 and Starcraft.

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    CSS (Counter-Strike Source) would be kind of fun, but Steam poses a problem. We could get around it, but it would take lots of fiddling, and frankly, I'm so over CS that I don't want to expend any effort whatsoever on it.

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay... So we've got a venue. Now we need a date. It'll really need to be a Saturday during the period M_S is off school. So that gives us the 23rd, the 30th, and the 7th. The 7th is by far the best from my point of view, because I'm not working. The other days I wouldn't be able to make it there till 5 at the very earliest. And since I'm going to be the main tech-support, it's best that I'm there from the start to get everything set up. I've already discussed this with M_S, and he says it works for him, so what does everyone else think?

17. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    7th is fine by me... I think...

18. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Might be able to come that evening. Er, if it's going that long...

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I dare say we will be [face_mischief]

Oh yes, there will be frags

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    It always takes a long time to do the initial setup on these things, no matter how organised you think you are. If we "start" mid morning, we'll have a functioning gaming network by about midday. :p After that, though, yeah, it'll last. Once you get going at a LAN party, it's easy to keep going for a long time. Switch games every now and then to add variety, even have several different gamed going at once if there are enough people to support it. Awesome fun.

21. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    due to my desktop being completely non-functioning, I'll bring my laptop instead (which means i can catch a BUZ). I'll bring whatever goods I have on disks

22. Lord_Zerebin

Lord_Zerebin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2006
    So, any more news on this?

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    It's most likely going down on the 7th, unless there are any objections from anyone. Can we have a show of hands as to who's interested in coming?

24. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
  25. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Me, I suppose :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.