main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

QT Pro help

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by General_Rieekan, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    hey, i just got Quicktime Pro 6, but im still kinda fumbling around with it, as ive only had it for about a day so far. ive been on google trying to find tutorials and keep coming up with tutorials for finalcut pro as well as other versions of QT, but nothing for editing itself.

does anybody know where i could find a good editing tutorial for this software or should i just stay with After Effects?

2. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    QT pro is really easy. that is, if its only for cuts only editing. i only have version 5 and have been thinking about getting 6, but i dunno if i wanna pay the $ :p i guess i should, as it seems a lot more powerful than the old version...
    in answer to your question, QTp is no where near as good as Æ.

contact me (see sig) for any more help if you want.

3. effstops

effstops Jedi Master star 3

Feb 20, 2003
    Ya, quicktime isn't really an editor. You can rearrange footage, and copy/paste stuff.... but it can't do much. Those things are pretty straight forward. The main reason I got Quicktime Pro is because of the added exporting capabilites.

Stay with AE. Something like iMovie is what you're looking for (free editor), but it's only for macs...

--Colin

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    the other thing i love about it is its ability to import an image sequence. with only it and PS, you can make a cool animation that is compressed as a .mov, etc... used to love doing this a few years ago :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.