main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO QuakeCon 2005

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    QuakeCon 2005

Some FAQS...

When: Quakecon is held from August 11-14, 2005. The event starts in the morning on the 11th and continues until noon on the 14th.

Where: QuakeCon is held at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas (a suburb of DFW). Traditionally Quakecon is held in the DFW area in Texas. Why? because id Software is based there and they're the ones that make this all possible.

Why Texas in the middle of Summer? Because the surface of the Sun was already booked.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Anyhoo, QuakeCon is a completely spur of the moment thing for me right now. Got back into fragging people in FarCry and Doom 3 -- mostly because it's a lot more satisfying than grinding another 37.5 million Jedi XP in Galaxies before I have a completed template (sadly, that is not a joke).

Tentatively, I'd like aim for leaving the morning of August 12th (Friday), and returning August 15th (Monday). I'd like to help them disassemble the event...mostly to bank some good karma with the Doom demons.

Still checking with some of my old LANparty crew to see if people can get the time off, but was wondering if anyone here was interested in going?

Edit...fixed dates.

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Oh, and I've totalled costs to be around $125 per person for the weekend. Really, it depends on how many go. That includes gas for the 10 hour drive there and back, and hotel.

Unfortunately, this late in the game there are NO spots open for the in-house LAN, but I'm currently #6998 in line for a spot. Nearly everyone in attendance will have networking skillz, though, so there's a very high possibility that the hotel will have cat5 strung between all the rooms, and routers set up in every room before the end of Friday. Finding a LAN to game on will probably be the least of a person's worries.