main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quality Jedi Robe, Where to purchace one?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthTaragon, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTaragon

DarthTaragon Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    Hello all fellow Jedi,

I need some help in getting a outer robe to complete my Jedi costume. The problem being, I have no clue where to get it; I've been looking at outerrobes.com for sometime now. Is the quality there? Furthermore I dont want a robe that is cheep looking like the official sw ones, they are just crap. I would like it to be somewhat thick, definatly not see through and when the hood is up to have that stifness to it like Obi-wans. But anywho I figured if anyone could help me to find a quality outer robe it would be you guys and or gals. I searched around quickly and didn't see any posts similar to mine, Help Costuming council....your my only hope.

Master Taragon

2. Son_of_the_Suns

Son_of_the_Suns Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    I used mystikmerchant.com but you have to be ready to drop a decent amount of money on one.

3. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    the money isn't an issue, I want one that is really nice and looks great.

4. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    i have to agree---mystik and the gang are great!!!!!

5. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    well thats 2 for mysitk, not to be a bug but do either of you have a picture or a link to your robe?

6. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    in my profile

7. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    DarthTaragon posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well thats 2 for mysitk, not to be a bug but do either of you have a picture or a link to your robe?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my profile

wow, your costume is quite nice; what style robe is that? It Looks like Mace style robe.

Are the outerrobes.com robes not worth the money?

8. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    thanks DarthTaragon --i am really proud of that costume--the robe is a mix of everything--custom made for me!!--just tell mystik what you want and she will see what she can do

i like the robes at outerrobes.com--but i went with mystik because i contact her and she was just real cool so i did business with her--the robes at outerrobes.com are flannel--i personally do not like flannel--and i def do not like wool so i wanted cotton--not that mabny people make cotton robes and if they do their material is not that great--mystik send me a bunch of swatches free of charge and let me pick what i liked the best--originally i was gonna go with the grey that she has--since i lean more towards the "grey"--but once i saw and felt the material of the black i was like wow--it must be black!--if mystik still uses the black i am talking about it is almsot like a light jean material--it drapes very well but it doesn;t move as free as flannel or light wool--but i personally do not like that "flapping" in the wind look--

so just ask yourself what would the perfect robe for you would be and start from there--if price is not an issue find a seamstress that can fulfill your desire

dl

9. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    wow, Thank you both for your input. Sooner or later I will get pics of my costume online. Never can find the time.

LOL

Taragon

10. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    I made mine out of a fleece fabric, and it turned out quite good, considering I don't have much experience at sewing!! (Pic in my profile - it's not quite as dark in reality as in the pic, it's more of a chocolate brown.)

Whatever you do, don't go for Rubies...they're just not thick enough!

Good luck, and post pics when you get it!

11. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    Nice robe!
    I have a link to my costume on my profile, BTW; you would happen to be intersted in maybe making a robe for me? Its damn good looking imo.

Taragon

12. PrincessAshlee

PrincessAshlee Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2005
    What kinda measurements do you need to send off to get a good fitting robe?
    Also, any girls who have ordered one, any special emasurements that need to be sent off?

Thanks!

13. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    my wife made her robe using the simplicity 4450 pattern and it came out nice--you could always start getting ideas from patterns--the main measurements for a custom robe are:

nape to floor
    shoulder width
    finger tip to finger tip
    chest
    hip
    wrist to floor

those are the measurements i gave when i got my robe made by "mystik and the gang"

hope this helps

dl

14. PrincessAshlee

Dec 18, 2005
    ya it does! you've been alot of help for me today dl

15. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    you are quite welcome PrincessAshlee, and sorry about the "lol" about your pic

dl

16. PrincessAshlee

Dec 18, 2005
    no problem...did you like the pic?

17. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    yeah it shows you ahve a sense of humor with the whole "tongue stickin out" thing

dl

18. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    Glad you like it, Darth Taragon :) but I have very little experience in making robes...this was only the second one I'd ever made, my first being a lightweight poly-cotton 'test' to see if I could do that without wasting cash on expensive fabric and messing it up! LOL!!

I presume you're in the US?

19. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I also recommend Mystik, I got one of theirs for the ROTS premiere. Everyone loved it... it's the Obi-wan shoulder tucks in dark brown. I don't have any pictures though, cause my camera sux.

20. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    I am in the USA, I want something different from the rest is all. Right now I am torn between the Mace style robe at mystik, and the regular robe at outerrobes. Check my profile to see my costume, the link brings you to my profile on yahoo.

Taragon

21. DarthTaragon

Dec 8, 2005
    Master_Byrd from what I see your Robe is very nice.

Taragon

22. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Lol, that's my old robe, and *sniff* my old hairline... :_|

One of these days, I'll get a quality camera and post tons of photos.

23. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    Nice costume! Good luck on getting a quality cloak to go with it! :)

I'm the other side of the Atlantic, Taragon... :D

Maybe you could find someone local to you who would make you one to your own specification?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.