main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

queen amidala and padme

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by plokoonkenobi77, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    Hi there,
    me and my friend have a bet going so we need you guys to settle for us,
    Are Queen Amidala And Padme the same person or two different people.

Thanks in advance
    Plokoonkenobi77

Strilo edit: They are the same person.

2. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    Same person. Amidala is the name that Padme takes on when she is queen of Naboo and as her formal name. She goes as Padme when she is a handmaiden for disguise or just around family and friends.

3. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    They are the same person.
    Which one of you doesn't yet believe that?

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I...I....am speechless. I can't even come up with a decent flame.

Good job. Kudos to the one who thinks they're the same.

5. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Same person.

6. Doc_Obi-Wan

Doc_Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    Padme and Amadala are the same person.

however, she did have a bodyguard who assumed the Queenly identity when Padme needed to be protected. Padme then blended in as one of the queen's handmaidens.

Doc Obi-Wan

7. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    They are the same.

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    One would think that the end of the movie would sort of prove it. I guess not.

They are indeed the same person.
    I thought that was coverned in the film. Perhaps you should watch the scene where Amidala travels into the Gungan swamp and meets with Boss Nass.

-Seldon

9. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Yes, but that could be confusing for some people. You could just assume that Padme is protecting the queen when she annouced to "Boss Nass" that she was the true queen.

10. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Theoretically you could, but then in AotC you get the character of Padmé Amidala, which should definitely clarify that Padmé and Queen Amidala were, and are, the same person.

~Obischick~[face_peace]

11. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm glad someone FINALLY brought this up so I didn't have to start/seach for another tread.

Why does Padme seem to have a different last name than the rest of her family. Her parents are Ruwee and Sola Naberrie, while Padme's last name is Amidala (except for ATOC: the visual dictionary which lists her as Padme Naberrie). So what gives? Is her last name Naberrie or Amidala, and if it's Amidala, then why is it different than her family's surname?

BTW: I DO NOT THINK THIS IS A PLOT HOLE!

12. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    They are the same person.

13. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    Why does Padme seem to have a different last name than the rest of her family. Her parents are Ruwee and Sola Naberrie, while Padme's last name is Amidala (except for ATOC: the visual dictionary which lists her as Padme Naberrie). So what gives? Is her last name Naberrie or Amidala, and if it's Amidala, then why is it different than her family's surname?

I guess she is Padme Naberrie and Amidala is her royal name. It happens. Like with popes - you have Karol Wojtyla/John Paul II or
    Joseph Ratzinger/Benedyct XVI.

14. Darth_Vercundus

Darth_Vercundus Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    I think it is pointless to write they are the same person... But I have another question... Before she revealed hed identity in swamp, in every scene where was queen, was that Padme too?

15. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Like darth-amedda said, Amidala is her "Royal" Name. Her name of court, if you will. Queen Padmé or Queen Naberrrie just doesn't have the same effect as Queen Amidala. ;)

No. When you see Handmaiden Padmé (aka: the real Queen Amidala), it means that her handmaiden Sabé is doubling as a Decoy. If you have questions, the Royal Handmaiden Society in SWC can answer your questions. They're really a nice bunch. It's their Speciality. ;) Or you could go to their website: RHS. :)

~Obischick~[face_peace]

16. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    They are the same person,but I must admit I was fooled in episode one like Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn.

17. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004

The Pope takes on a new name, why can't the Queen of Naboo? I figure her real name is Padme Naberrie, but Amidala becomes her Royal name like others have said. Maybe Amidala is even actually a first name...to replace the Padme. So once she is out of office, she is actually Pamde-Amidala Naberrie. And the people who don't understand that just adopt Amidala for her last name. Am I making sense hear, or just rambling on. Ok I'm done...

18. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    It's a bit hard to tell sometimes. The scene where the 2 Jedi rescue Amidala, she is the decoy and Padme is beside her.

19. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    yah...me too!! I thought she was just protecting the queen. And then I was all confused in AOTC. The part where "the queen" [Sabe] got blown up, no one was making much of a fuss. And then I realized what was going on...eventually. :p

20. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001

Actually, the decoy in AotC is another handmaiden named Cordé. :) The handmaidens in TPM are not the same as the ones in AotC.

~Obischick~[face_peace]

21. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Are you serious? Oh geez...I had no idea. :eek: :oops:

22. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    If I recall correctly, the TPM visual dictionary IDed Padme (the handmaiden) as Padme Nabierre as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.