main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Queen of Naboo- 20yrs+ before TPM- A young Palpatine????

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Livi-Wan, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Here's another story by moi, but I promise to stick at it this time!!! Please read, I tried hard with this one:

All around me-darkness. Numbing, paralysing darkness. I tried to scream, to break free, to cry for help, but I could not. Then, at last, came one final burst of energy from the depths of my soul.
    ?RYAR!? I screamed.
    ?RYAAAAAAAR!?

I dropped the heavy china mug of caf I had been trying to wake myself up with. The terrible, pleading scream that still echoed round my head was better for that then ten gallons of the stuff. I fell to my knees, trying to shake that last, pleading cry from my head. Gazing into the velvet blackness of my room, I tried to remember who I was.
    ?Ryar.? My voice came, cracked and hesitant. Almost a plea for the screaming to stop. ?My name is?Ryar.? How could I deny the words that still rebounded around my brain? Then a light snapped on and the echoes died away. I reached, trembling, for the access panel to my suite. The door slid open, and one of my handmaidens stood before me, a halo of blond hair around her worried face, sleep crusting her eyes.
    ?Are you alright, milady??
    I got to my feet unsteadily. ?Y-Yes. It was just a nightmare. Stranger things have happened. I would like some breakfast please. And then, would you send my political advisor up??
    ?Palpatine??
    ?Yes. I need to know the situation of the planet, after all.?

After breakfast, it was time for Palpatine?s report. I knew it was important, and as the heavy formal gown was draped around me, I tried hard to listen. But it seemed that there was always some sort of dispute going on, and before the day was up, I would have to find a solution. Being Queen had looked so promising when I was elected. I felt I could make a difference. But really I was just another robed figure in a long line of robed figures. And worse still, not only would I have to deal with the voice that only now had started to fade, but I was to make a speech tomorrow on the issue of joining the Galactic Senate. Naboo wanted this, or at least, its officials did. The Naboo people would soon vote, and decide for themselves. I heard Palpatine?s voice, as if he was reading my thoughts.
    ?The public will decide what is right, I am sure, your majesty.?
    I sighed. ?No, Palpatine. Officials will decide for them. And then they will make me worm round our people.? I turned to face him. ?I feel like such a tool.?
    He scowled. ?I?m glad you have such faith in democracy, your majesty. Believe me, the choice will be right.?
    ?Right for whom, I wonder.? I looked out of the window at the gardens. ?Right for whom??

My mind had finally relaxed and I had already thought of a solution as to whose voice had heard. Who else had the ability to probe minds? And whom else could I trust? I sent the transmission requesting for a Jedi myself. No one needed to think that Queen Ryaria Ferak?Eli had finally gone nuts, even though I felt that way several times that day. The petty squabbles of one dignitary over something equally mind-numbing were more of a weight than usual. It was a relief, if a brief one, to hear that a holo from my family had arrived. I hurried to my suite in the palace and punched in the code on my projector. An image of my father flickered into being over the pad.
    ?Ryar, I can?t tell you much right now, I?m not sure if this connection is secure. Come home. Come home as soon as possible. I may not be there, but-? Here he glanced over his shoulder and stated to whisper, ?I?ll leave directions to where I will be. Whatever happens, I love you, and I?m proud of you. Keep safe.? He hesitated. ?May the Force be with yo-? the message flickered and died.

2. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Uh-up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.