main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Queens Don't Cry (TPM Missing scenes) ~3nd Scene added~ 7/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Wonderful! :D

And I think you got a great balance between the happy and the sad in this last post. I really liked the idea that you give your Padawan some of the hair from your own braid. It's really *sniffle* sweet.

*takes a deep breath*

Must not cry, must not cry, must not cry... 8-}

But when Obi-Wan and Anakin were just standing there, looking at each other...talk about awkward moments! Yeech! Even I was uncomfortable. ;)

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, BB.

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Push this to the top once again...

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  5. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Miana, these were perfect. You captured the spirit and color of TPM beautifully--these vignettes seemed to be a stemming straight off from the film. I really felt as if I had seen them before. Wonderful! The emotion here was undeniably powerful;it was good to see Obi-Wan cry, and especially good to see Anakin's reaction to Qui-Gon's death. I enjoyed this immensely.

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    ?I?ll never be as good of Master as Qui-Gon was, Anakin. But I will try. I will try my hardest to make you a Jedi. That I can promise you. But I can?t train you unless you are willing to let me try.?

Aww! Somehow that is just great foreshadowing (not that I think Obi-Wan wasn't a good Master, just that he never really trusted himself in the role of mentor). Great job, good mix of happy and sad.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kitara ~ :) Thanks!

Sil ~ Yeah, I see how it is... you choose the shortest one to read... ;) (I'm joking, don't worry...) :D

Calais ~ Yeah, I guess I did subconsciously put some foreshadowing in... Glad you like.

A few more scenes are trying playing in my head... (that is if they don't get stuck in the cobwebs!)

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Push this back up...

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow! I stumbled upon this post, and I'm glad I did. This scene is really great! I don't know what else to say except that I'm really impressed.

Please, continue.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, Ander! I'm trying to get something out, so expect it sometime soon. ;)

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Okay, so maybe not so soon... :(

Shameless upping!

12. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    "I'll never be as good of Master as Qui-Gon was, Anakin. But I will try. I will try my hardest to make you a Jedi. That I can promise you. But I can't train you unless you are willing to let me try."

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.

Foreshadowing indeed (even if you didn't conciously put that in :p).

That was great! :)

(EDIT: I had a feeling I was saying the same thing over and over again (squawk, Polly wanna cracker!)...so I went back and checked and yes, I keep saying that this is great. But it is! :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.