main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Quelii Oversector and Crimson Command

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Zack, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I am considering running a Star Wars RPG campaign set shortly after Return of the Jedi. The Quelii Oversector, Grand Moff Zsinj and Crimson Command are all likely to be included. Therefore I am looking for as much information on these subjects as I can find. I am not necessarily going to be adhering to any canon, not even Legends, but I'd like to have as much material to draw from as possible.

In particular there are certain questions I'd like answered, whether through official sources or from the opinions of users on these boards. Such as what is the exact definition of Crimson Command? From the Essential Guide to Warfare we know it was a commanded by a High Admiral- Zsinj himself. But was a single Sector Group of the 2+ that Zsinj would have under his command, or all the forces of the Quelii Oversector? Was it the same thing as Crimson Dagger command? How were Crimson Command's one hundred red-hulled VicStars organized? Were they divided between his fleets or all in one fleet, or perhaps just a single Systems Force? It seems to me that they would be assigned to either Superiority Forces or Transport Forces since they were used in the war against the Drackmarians. What kind of VicStars were they? Are there any firm dates on the war with the Drackmarians? It seems that Dathomir came under Zsinj's command around 0 ABY, but I've been able to find little other information.

Any help, or even idle speculation, would be appreciated.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Crimson Command was a special taskforce 100 VSDs led by the SSD Brawl, given to Zsinj to patrol the Rimward section of the Hydian Way and to pacify the Drackmarians (who dominated the Quelii Sector, even into the Imperial days). It is heavily implied in one source that they were the masterminds behind maneuvering the New Republic into taking out Zsinj. Crimson Dagger Command was based around Taris and wasn't directly connected. They were called "Crimson Command" because when they were refitted at the Kuat yards, a shortage of certain starship construction materials had them use the metal called havod, which made their hulls reddish in color. The fleet was given to Zsinj under his title of High Admiral; he presumably also had the separate Oversector forces under his title as Grand Moff, probably one of the reasons he was such a formidable opponent... although it should be emphasized that he only had the one SSD.

3. Darth Zack

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you think Crimson Command consisted solely of VSDs? Seems likely that they'd have some back-up, such as skirmish lines or carriers to supplement their rather small fighter complements And how do you think they were organized? Was it a fleet-sized formation, with component systems forces? Was it a systems force, likely with heavy squadrons consisting of several heavy attack lines consisting entirely of VicStars?

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    For the heavy capital ships, it's pretty explicit - 100 VSDs, 1 SSD. Typically, though, various sources have included plenty of 'lesser' capital ships in these types of fleets. It probably was divided into a number of individual battle groups, as there was a lot of territory to cover.

5. Darth Zack

Nov 1, 2012
    So do we know anything about the Drackmarians government, what ships they might have used, their society, etc?