main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Query about concept (ie where do I put it?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by anakin_skywalker_sct, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Ok, it's been a long time since I posted any fan fiction, and even longer since I managed to finish anything. But I have an idea that should hopefully prove entertaining and interesting, at least for a while. It's not just another real-world-meets-Star-Wars or a Mary-Sue-bags-Hayden fic. Oh no. This time... its political!!

A few hours ago, in Flint, Michigan...

Star Wars:

Farenheit 1138

It is a period of civil war. The Liberal Media, striking from a hidden basement, have won their first victory against the Republic.

During the battle, Liberal spies managed to download secret plans for the Republics next devestating constitutional ammendment, the dreaded Battle Royale Act, providing the government with enough power to ship anyone they feel threatened by off to a desert island and let them fight for survival.

These survivors will be taken into custody and substantially reprogrammed, honing their minds and bodies into destructive implements of death and tax collecting.

Pursued by the Republic's sinister agents, Natalie Portman races home aboard her stolen galleon, The Black Pearl, custodian of the stolen first draft of the bill which may finally prove the Republic is a totalitarian dictatorship bent on world domination (honest) ...

Starring:

Natalie Portman as herself
    Johnny Depp as a harrassed pretty-boy
    Michael Moore as Comic Book Bill
    Kiefer Sutherland as Mr. Angry
    Elisha Cuthbert as Damsel-in-distress #1138

and for no apparent reason

Miss Piggy as Teen-sensation-singer #42 (this year).

Ok, it is Star Wars meets the real world, but ignore that :p. I'm just wondering if anyone has any clue which board it should go on (I'm leaning towards The Saga) or if there's any point pursuing it at all?

2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Are the actors actually appearing as themselves and not as their characters from movies? The reason I ask is because actor fics are not allowed.

Otherwise, it looks sort of like a parody of ANH so it would go in Saga. Cool idea. :)

3. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Actors are appearing more as parodies of their own characters. They're aware SW is just a movie, but end up in similar situations and acting like their character anyway. Hope that makes sense.

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    From the Fan Fiction FAQ:

?Actorfics," are fan fictions which feature real world people. It has been decided by administration that this should no longer be permitted, as it can be seen as an invasion of privacy by the people involved.

If the actor is appearing as his/herself, it isn't allowed.

5. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Ah, the internet. Last bastion of creativity and freedom... :p

Oh well, nevermind, I'd probably have forgotten about it after two posts. Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.