main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Query about Death Star

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Corbell, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corbell

Corbell Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2013
    Hi, new to the board. I joined because I'm writing a timeline on an alternate history site, where an Alien Space Bat makes and transports an altered Death Star to the Earth 1985 and I have some questions about Death Stars. (altered as to want to work with the US, going for fun, not World Conquest)

Now I'm using a Mark II, because bigger is better of course. Initially I was assuming an all human crew, including clones and not counting droids. But now I'm wondering if I should have aliens on board.

If so how many aliens would one expect to find on a Mark II Death Star?

I've read that stormtroopers were all male humans. BUt that the finished Mark I had a recreational area that included civilian comforts, such as a Cantina.

Totat crew numbers seem to be around 5 million. I'm thinking several hundred thousands droids, from vacuum cleaners to war bots.

But aliens? First impulse is just a couple thousands in the civilian comforts section.

Any thoughts? Especially on numbers and types of aliens.

Oh. And am I correct that there is no significant life extension in the SW universe?

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, the Empire was very pro-human, so the majority of the crew would be human. However, alien slave labor was used to make the Death Star, so there certainly were aliens onboard. I'd guess 30% alien, but that's just a blind guess.

3. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm not sure what you mean about life extension, but the commander (blanking on his name here) told Vader that he needed more men to finish the job. I suppose this could be interpreted to mean aliens, but it's not very clear.

Since the Death Star was operational at the time, I'd guess that most of the work that needed to be done was the completion of building the armored shell and not fiddly technical work. In all likeihood, they employed slave labor for as much of the manual crappy jobs as possible.

The Empire was known to take Wookie slaves. I would also guess that they used Givin since they can survive in vacuum. I would think they would also have a lot of slaves from worlds sympathetic to the Rebellion. This would imply Sullustans, Bothans, Mon Calamari, and Quarran. The last two require a moist environment and would be extremely uncomfortable working in most human conditions, but I doubt the Empire cared about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.