main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Query: . . . .

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Query: . . . .

The Future of the Fan Art Request Thread

I have been thinking about ways to revamp the Fan Art Request Thread to make it more manageable than it's current system. I want to open this up for everyone to have a say.

What is everyone's view regarding the Fan Art Request Thread?

How does everyone feel about the Request Thread itself? Does it overwhelm you and makes it feel daunting? Have you never seen it before? What are your personal views and issues that you might have regarding the Request Thread?

Possible ideas

Are there any ideas that you might have that could benefit the Request Thread?

Given the amount that is there and possibly dated back to 2006, I have been thinking about making a clean slate. Here are some ideas of my own:

- Time Stamp:
    To have a Time Stamp on the request and a time limit for it to be fulfilled. That way we can track when a request had been filed. With the time limit, it would mean that after a certain amount of time, the request will be removed or crossed out to prevent an overwhelming backlog. Maybe having a colour code that be swapped incrementally to visually show when a request is about to be expired.

Status would show at what stage of progress the request is. Some rough ideas for what the status updates and meanings could be: Open, In Progress, Completed.
      Open: would be that the request is open and unresolved

In Progress would be that an artist has taken up the request and in contact with the originator of the request.

Completed would be that the request is completed and that it would be removed from the list shortly afterwards.

Feel free to discuss and let me know what you think! :)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That's a great idea

archives are done the same way;)

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you :)

What are your thoughts regarding the Fan Art Request thread?

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Time stamp and Status are great tools to keep it tidy