main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dacks, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dacks

Dacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2001
    Let the Quest begin.

No Ottawa forum, so I thought I'd start a thread where all you Sens and Leafs fans can bicker and scratch and pull hair all you like.

To start things off:

Leafs: Hate to break it to you, but Cujo ain't that great.

Sens: Hate to break it to you, but Yashin wasn't your only playoff problem these past two years. Your team has no heart.

So go ahead and flame, just do it nicely. After all, thats what being a sports fan is all about.

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    What about Vancouver? :p

I'm moving to Ontario in 9 weeks, but I plan to remain loyal to Vancouver. However, Montreal will likely cease to be my second favourite team, in favour of Toronto. Maybe.

3. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    No. Unless Toronto is your #1 team, their fans will drive you insane. You'll keep loving Montreal just to spite them.

4. Boba_Darzel

Boba_Darzel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Vancouver has the most heart in the NHL besides that of the Oilers who deserve to be in it. Like i said before they won the cup in 89-90 with the same record as this year (2 more points due to OTl this year!)

Anyways it goes to show that bought teams like WIngs wont always win. Go canucks.

Im cheering for both Ottawa and Toronto, i go for the canadian squads, but unless ottawa can find the twine theyre in trouble, they should have won Gm 1.

Lets hope Ottawa can change things tonight...

Everything is looking up for me now except the Ottawa...

I dont think you'll get the bickering you expect we may be the only two who actually check this board.

5. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Yep, there sure aren't many canfans around.

Well Ottawa had scored a power-play goal last time I checked. Thats the first in a long time. Don't know if they won though.

Toronto won again. The Islanders really haven't played very well. I don't like them, but its still dissapointing to see a team crumble in the playoffs.

6. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Im glad they crumble, i dislike most of the teams in the offs.
    Im pulling for
    Van
    MTL
    Tor
    OTT
    SJ
    PHO
    LA
    CAR

7. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    It's nice to see you cheering for two teams who are playing each other... (SJ, PHO)

Me cheering for:
    Van
    LA
    SJ
    StL
    Mtl
    NYI
    Sen
    NJ

but I expect:
    Det (7)
    Col (5)
    SJ (7)
    StL (4)
    Mtl (6)
    Tor (4)
    Phil (6)
    NJ (7)

8. Lucas_Skywalker

Lucas_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Toronto all the way!

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm cheering for any and all Canadian teams.

10. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    With the phoenix and San Jose thing, i realize theyre playing eachother, i just dont care who wins cause theyre my top american teams. Id rather see the "Jets" go on because of Numminen, but if Sj goes on ill pull for them.

11. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    When did you write that reply about who ure cheering for Dacks?
    cause im pretty sure when i wrote my picks that Chicago had already won a game. So STL will have a tough time winning in 4... :D

12. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Har d har har. Those were my pool picks from before the playoffs started. The number of games is only used as a tie-breaker.

Looks like I'll probably be correct with all of them except for Philly and hopefully Detroit.

13. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    You want Detroit to win, or you want Vancouver to win?

HOW BOUT THEM HABS!
    Its over, that game will just demoralize Boston to the point of futility.
    One of the best games i have EVER seen.

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    He said earlier that he's rooting for Vancouver. Good man. :)

15. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah good, too bad theyre squandering golden opportunities. They better succeed in winning, because i started shooting my mouth off after they went up 2-0. OH I TOLD YOU VANCOUVER WOULD TAKE EM!!! now im silenced until they win.

16. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    And Yeeeeeeehaw Montreal shall end it in their own city because Theodore is Back!

Goodbye New Jersey! clear the way for Ottawa!

all Canadian teams except Carolina coming up...

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    This is truly a sad day for Vancouver.

It's all Cloutier's fault. If we had a starting goaltender who knew the difference between a puck and a net, never mind how to play hockey, we wouldn't have had to use our rookie goaltender, and we probably wouldn't have lost. I blame you, Cloutier! You let us Vancouver fans down.

18. OttawaSith

OttawaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2001
    GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Its going to be either Detroit or Colorado They should shorten the playoffs they drag on way 2 long. I would like to see Toronto win or a Canadian team but the US has taken over hockey

20. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    US taken over hockey? *cough* salt lake? *cough*

Colorado will lose anyway. Montreal all the way baby.

By the way, how bout the isles booing Oh Canada. My god, I try to respect Americans but it's tough. They never cease to amaze me.

21. darth_flirt

darth_flirt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    I want any Canadian team to win the cup. That way we have the cup AND two gold medals. That'll show those amercians who's the best at hockey!! Lol. Then maybe they'll shut up about that "miracle on ice". Lol.

But I hope Toronto wins. That's only because if I cheered for anyone else, my family would disown me.. lol.

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Get out of here, troll. Keep your arrogant comments to yourself. Took over hockey? Get a life.

It's bad enough that you people boo our anthem down there. STAY OFF OUR BOARD.

"As the public-address announcer at Nassau Coliseum asked the 16,234 fans to respect the singing of O Canada, many in the crowd booed loudly. They eased off slightly as singer Jamie Lynn Sigler began singing the Canadian anthem, but the boos and chants of USA! USA! were audible throughout the anthem." - The Globe and Mail, April 29, 2002

"Most Canadians these days are not nearly as psychologically in tune with Americans as we were in those emotional weeks following Sept. 11. There are plenty of reasons for this, including some particular incidents: the tragic loss of four brave Canadians to U.S. "friendly fire"; President George W. Bush's seeming indifference the following day; the boorish booing of the Canadian national anthem at basketball and hockey games; the shabby treatment of Canada's softwood lumber industry at the hands of what is supposed to be the greatest free-trading nation in the world. Some other reasons are more general: the passage of time since the horror of Sept. 11; the Bush administration's belligerently unilateral approach to world affairs; the continuing truth that, as similar as we are, most Canadians see Canada as an alternative to America. In short, we aren't exactly hugging our southern neighbours at the moment. Coincidentally, Washington's newly announced concept of a Northern Commmand, a continental concept of U.S. "home" defence -- is worrying many Canadians. Our friends, the Americans, use us." - Senator Colin Kenny

Don't mess with us. Stay out.

23. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Let me clear something up The US has taken over NHL hockey and I was not out to start a War it was unfortunate those pricks in Detroit Booed Oh Canada. I donot hate Canada. So I would like to say sorry for my comments and I feel bad what the US did to those people we appriceate your help in this terrible war. Star Wars is 2 weeks away

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    OK, apology accepted. Sorry, I shouldn't have gotten so vocal about my frustration.

Bos-Mtl tied at 1 after 40.

I would just like to go on record as saying that I think it's wrong that only 6 of the 30 NHL teams are Canadian. I think Canada should set up an NFL team in every little hick town up here in retaliation. ;)

25. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    AT60!!!!

You are starting to push me a little to far.

First you start a fight with Americans over the Canadian deaths in the Afghanistan, now you are being rude to an American over hockey.

Ryan (Jedi76) is a "guest" in the Canadian Forum and you will treat him as one. He gave an opinion; there is no need to be rude by telling him to "get out of Canada".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.