main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dacks, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I do agree with you saying that thier should be more teams in Canada it is Canadas sport like the NFL is the US sport. I felt the same way you do when the North Stars left but now that we have the Wild I am happy. I would like to see a CFL NFL Superbowl but I think the NFL would win. But I will give you your due you sure have produced your share of good WWF wrestlers Bret Heart Chris Benoit Jericho Edge Christan among others.

2. Dacks

Dacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2001
    Montreal wins! If Toronto wins then we have a 75% chance (skills of the teams put aside) of having one canuck squad in the final.

What's funny about the isle fans booing Oh Canada is that they were trying to "win one for Peca" who is Canadian. Clueless and classyless.

...and realistically, I think we have enough hockey teams, as long as we don't lose any more.

3. Boba_Darzel

Boba_Darzel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Anyone who boos the anthem shouldnt be there, AMERICAN OR CANADIAN.
    For the guy from Minnesota, i love Minnesota i dont mind you here, but the USA has not taken over hockey im sorry. 52% of the players are canadian, nothing else matters. The amount of teams that are canadian is meaningless...

And as Dacks pointed out, Salt Lake? What a murdering that was...

Now what i find just so ridiculous is the fans in NY booing the Canadian anthem, or any american fan watching Hockey.
    Like truly are you retarded???????
    Chances are your favourite players on that team are canadian and you boo? you think theyll like you for that you morons?
    Obviously not everyones like this, but it shows your intelligence.

"BOOOOOOOO CANADA SUCKS, BOOOOOOOOOO" - some fan
    "Adrian Aucoin Scores!!!!!!!!!" announcer
    "YAYYYYYYYYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY i love Aucoin!!!!"
    "hes canadian" - fans friend
    "no he lives in america, that means he hates canada too! look he just scored on their team" -some fan

That is about the intelligence of ANYONE who boos ANY anthem. And that is my opinion.

Jedi, feel free to stick around cause i have no problems with americans in general, but the ones who boo my anthem...wow dont get me started on those people.

4. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Let's just get hockey over with so we can get on with summer and play more baseball.
    Oh ya, and watch EP2 many, many times.

5. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Why not do both? which is what im going to do! I just need to sign up for the baseball.

GO ASTROS

6. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    ok I am not trying to start an argument again but here goes. The miricle on ice will be more special only cause it was ammatures and not a hand picked group of pros. Its just like the dream team for the summer olympics it makes it more predictible and runis the fun of the olympics. The olympics are a joke

7. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Yes, but amatuers are NOT the best, the point of the salt lake hockey tournament was to determine the best in the world. All the best pros showed up for their respective countries with Canada on top.

You could call that more special since nor Jose Theodore or Patrick Roy was in net, the two best in the league, PERIOD. Theodore should have been starting...

8. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    That may be true that pros are better but the pros have 7 months to shine as apposed to the ammatures who only have 1 chance. I just wish they would get rid of the Pros in the olymipcs. By the way does anyone remember Henry Bouche? He sold my parents thier house

9. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    I gotta go with pros. The only reason it was amateurs before was because the olympics started off as nothing more than another sports competition. Now they have become something more than that. Now they represent an opportunity for each country to send their best to compete.

Ottawa absolutely drubbed T.O. tonight. Looks like it should be an interesting series.

10. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Senators...will....just like history...fall to the HEX.

Leafs rule....EP2 will be bigger in Ottawa if the Sens get ousted.

11. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Ok, so maybe the Leafs pulled one out of the hat this evening. It still took them 6 periods to beat the Sens.
    Wait till they get back to Ottawa. And, I would rather take a hit at the box office, from the Sens fans thinking hockey is more important than EP2, than let the Leafs win the series.

Go Sens go.

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Hockey IS more important than EP2. :p

13. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Hockey is a cool sport but it seems like it never ends like a bad movie you think its over but it drags on. Star Wars is a 3 year tradition that has stood the test of time for 25 years

14. Morrowind

Morrowind Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    The cup has been around for 109 years, it is more powerful then star wars.

15. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah hockey has stood longer in the test of time, not just in overall length.

Do you know what the longest running television program in history is?

"Hockey Night In Canada"
    50 years and will no doubt forever be on...

As for the Leafs, they chance of them defeating Ottawa is about the same as the Flyers was, not gonna happen, one OT win means nothing. By Wednesday it will be 3-1 Ottawa.
    Ottawa vs Montreal ... who will win that is a
    not a predictable match...

16. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    DAMMIT! i hate OT i hate it! It gives me heart attacks its to damn scary.
    Please Hab ghosts pull this off.

17. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    THEY SCORE!!!!! HAHA YES!

18. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    It may be scary, but it makes for very exciting hockey!

Let's go Habs!

I'm still deciding who to root for in the Toronto-Ottawa series. ;)

Two Canadian teams are owned by the Americans. Vancouver is one. Does anyone know which the other is?

EDIT: Montreal. Just great. My two favourite teams. [face_plain]

Let's bring the cup home to Canada this year, people! (Even though Canadian hockey is owned by the United States)

30 teams, 6 of them Canadian, all of them doing poorly financially. I predict that by 2020, the NHL will be a 100% American league. Canadian hockey is dying, and it's a bitter pill for us Canadians to swallow. It's our sport, and it's been sacrificed by politicians trying to keep the dollar low.

19. Boba_Darzel

Nov 30, 2001
    You underestimate the canadian teams. Dont be to quick in believing what the americans think. No matter what you think the Montreal Canadiens or the Toronto Maple Leafs will NEVER leave this league. NEVER.

I dislike the statement 2 are american owned, ownership is meaningless, they couldnt move the team if they wanted to anymore, its still run by Canadian GMs, presidents and coaches. Except Brian Burke.
    The only team in trouble is Calgary, everyone else will survive.
    To prove that the teams will be still here in 2020... The oilers can not possibly move because they have a contract with skyreach to stay in that building to 2010, and then before that deal ends they can sign another until 2030, and it will be completely legal, moving them would be illegal.
    Thats why no matter what, when they were for sale they would have to stay until 2010, but then an american owner could move them. BUT who owns the oilers, 10 millionaires from Edmonton who will sign the deal and keep them there. If Edmonton is staying, all the big teams will stay.

20. Major Mannon

Major Mannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 1998
    I think that all of the Canadian teams will be able to hang on but it really depends on the next collective bargaining agreement. Supposedly the Canucks are for sale and they're trying to organize a bunch of BC business men to buy them.

Go Habs.

21. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    It is a sad day when Toronto advances while Montreal and Ottawa say goodbye.

Go Carolina!

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Go Toronto!

I didn't really care who won the Toronto-Ottawa series, as long as it went into 7 games (so the Canadian teams have a chance to make more money). That happened, so I'm happy. Plus, London will be my home next year, so Toronto will be my local team. So, I guess I'm happy that they won.

Go Toronto!

Carolina... yuck. IMO, a southern state has no business being in the NHL. It just goes to show how commercialized the league has become.

23. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Sorry for you Canadian fans but damn Carolina Go Avs or Wings

24. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    If Colorado wins I'm going for Carolina, but if Detroit wins tonight I'm going for Detroit.

I hate Colorado; even when they were in Quebec, I can't stand Roy...he's a plug.

Anyone but Colorado for the cup!!!

25. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Here's a good question, what's with this Minnesota guy?

Honestly, Americans take all sports from other nations and call it their own, including hockey. Basketball and hockey are Canadian and Football is European. Sure, you've got baseball, but that is NOT a spectator sport at all. Frankly, I don't like seeing a bunch of men in tight pants run around in a field.

As far as a CFL versus NFL game, you HONESTLY think the NFL would win? What a chump you are.

The only reason why CFL players go to the NFL is for the MONEY. The CFL has tougher rules, and a longer field. I'd love to see Buffalo and Hamilton go at one on one in CFL rules and watch the Bills get creamed. Even if the rules were NFL they would lose due to the fact that Canadian games have less chances to score, so they would just use this to their advantage, big time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.