main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Quest for Vengeance - A Fan Film

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by elanrai, Dec 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Knievel

Obi-Wan_Knievel Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2000
    Sounds like you guys are definately well ahead of us. We keep getting momentum and stalling. Once filming starts i'm sure things will go more smoothly. We're still stuck in the storyboarding phase. As in, ours left the project. The only thing that's moving along is our cgi group. We just gave them the script with a few sketches and told them to go to town. Who is this Nebula guy? Never heard of them. If we need any help I will be sure to let you know. Any help, would be greatly appreciated .Right now, we're looking for dancers and a choreagrapher for our night club scene w/dancing girls. Basically it's in a hutt pleasure palace. SO it's gonna be fun to film!

-Obi

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Jon Bon Nebula is a character played by none other than our own elanrai. There is a long and interesting history of how the character and his name came about (partly through RPG's).

3. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Obi,

Go check out our site. Keep in mind we will be updating it within the week. There are some details about the characters on the site as well, including none other than Jon Bon Nebula. He is "quite" a character.

4. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Just letting everyone know that QFV has had a massive overhaul on the website. We thought it needed a change. We will be posting the new trailer real soon and new photos and/or music will be uploaded as well. So keep ya-self tuned!

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    What about some of the old photos (like Lee Oodlum's) that were on the old site? They seem to have vanished.

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Check it out again. It should be up now. I was in the middle of updating at the time of posting that message. Most of the pics will be a little different, yet more in line with each other. Oodlum has it goin' on now! lol

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Ahh... very nice!

8. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Oops.. forgive this message. I goofed.

9. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I will try to get more online as soon as possible. Penzar is in the works for getting the rest of the characters uploaded by the middle of February.

(I know, it feels like an eternity.)

10. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I have arrived, and I am the man. This is my very first post on TheForce.net! Thought it only appropriate my first post be on our movie's thread!! AWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    And there was much rejoicing...
    (yay!)

12. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Glad to see Penzar has arrived!! Woo hoo!!

13. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Alright ppl, we have to get this group back pumpin'!

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hope you didn't get into too much trouble as a computer hacker.

:p

15. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    ???

(I never got caught, if that is what you mean... lol)

16. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Just to give everyone an update:

Work is continuing on QFV. I am in the process of writing a new song for Jon Bon Nebula. Also, rotoscoping is still being done as well as laser blasts, etc. A trailer is still in the works once principle photography finishes.... which should be within the next few weeks. Penzar will give more detail on the teaser/trailer release.

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds good. Can't wait!

18. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Slight update: I have since added a new piece of software to the editing realm: ALAM-DV. This new software will lend a huge hand in the rotoscoping process among other things. Since ALAM-DV is in the beta stage, I cannot export to finalized video just yet. When the beta goes final, I buy it more than likely and maybe post some test footage. Adios!

19. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Another Update!
    ===============

Not sure if this actually belongs in the Arkansas forums because most of this final shooting was done there, but I'll post it here anyway.

The character of Ben Wolf, played by Ted Millikan, so humbly "graced" us with finally shooting the rest of his character. It took forever and many days to do this, but he is done.

So, in reference to what is left: 2 scenes with Jon Bon Nebula, 2 scenes with Elan Rai, and a few pickup shots at the river. There may be a scene or two I am leaving out, but I am sure Penzar Grat will fill me in on it.

Well, there you have it. Our goal at this point is to have COMPLETE PRINCIPLE PHOTOGRAPHY FINISHED by the END OF MAY!!!

I guess we'll see!

20. penzargrat

Jan 7, 2001
    Hate to pat myself on the back for finally getting Ted to finish his role, but I'm going to. *pat pat* I had to go through a lot to get him to finish, but trust me...I won't go through it again on the sequel.

21. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I am MORE than happy to pat ya on the back Penzar. You went through a LOT of turmoil to get those parts finished. My hat is off to you. HIP HIP.... HOORAY!!! HIP HIP.... HOORAY!!

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    That's why we pay you the big bucks! ;)

23. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Penzar will probably have enough to retire on after this flick! [face_laugh]

24. penzargrat

Jan 7, 2001
    Well, if I had a nickel for every excuse Ted gave for not being able to shoot, I'd have money coming out the WAZOO!!!!!!!!

25. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Well, a PENNY for every excuse would make you as rich as ol' Georgie Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.