Question #8 - What do you think are the plot holes in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey gang,
    Here's question of the week #8!

What do you think the plot holes and inconsistencies are in AOTC?

2. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Who Master Syfo Dias really is/was (it could be palpatine/sidious or it could have been Darth Maul - or of course Dooku - who knows).

Another plot hole...lets see here...think...think think think...uhm...whose voice it was who said "NoooOOooOooo!" in the vision that yoda heard/saw. It is most definitly NOT Qui-Gon.
  3. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    It most certainly was Qui-Gon. Rick McCallum's answer to that very question is on the official website and posted under the Question #5 thread. And frankly I think Rick knows what he's talking about.

I don't really consider the Syfo-Dias thing to be a plot hole, just another thing that they care not to explain. To me plot holes are the things that when you think about them don't make sense. You think about the Syfo-Dias thing long enough you can come up with different hypotheses. Mine? Well, obviously, the man was a real Jedi. When he died - Dooku, under the direction of Sidious, more than likely, used the dead Jedi's name. I mean, come on, like the Kaminoans are going to know. This species are obviously very isolated, their planet is not even known to exist. All part of Sidious' plot. Get rid of any factual knowledge of the planet - Syfo-Dias conveniently dies, and Sidious has Dooku use that name to being the Clone Army. The reason I think Sidious had Dooku do this is one) the time matches - 10 years since he needed a new apprentice after Maul - that's when Dooku left the order and became Tyrannus, 2) that's when Syfo-Dias died, 3) that's when "Syfo-Dias" went and commissioned the Kaminoans to create the Clone Army.
  4. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, so it was SUPPOSED to be Qui-Gon saying "NoooOoooOOooo!" according to Rick Mcallum, who i don't fully trust. So until I hear it from George's mouth, I distrust any word from Rick - since he didn't write the damn story.

But one thing for sure is - it was NOT Liam Neesons voice saying "NoooOoooOOoOOo." It was his voice heard though saying "Anakin, Anakin" - cut from the scene in Episode I where Darth Maul happens upon them before they leave Tatooine - thats for sure. But the NooOOOooOOo sounds more like Hayden Christensens voice portraying Anakin IN PAIN to me.
  5. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm, good point you have. I'd have to see it again and listen for the Nooooo part. Perhaps Qui-Gon, maybe Yoda? I dunno.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.