main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA question about a star wars club.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth-Nash, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Nash

Darth-Nash Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    I would just like to know if PARSEC is still operational. i used to be a member but due to family matters i was unable to go for a while and eventually forgot until recently.
    i am aware that it was having problems with lack of members or something.
    hope someone can help

Darth-Nash

2. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Sorry, I cant help. Never heard of it [face_worried]

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    G'day D-N :)

Welcome to the boards. Unfortunately Parsec disbanded more than 12 months ago now. For Kooky and others who never knew about it, there was a group in Adelaide who got together once a month to dress up, watch videos, auction collectibles, share news, have quizes, etc, etc. It was quite sucessful for a number of years.

But fear not! You'll find quite a few ex-Parsec people have set up shop here, myself included. So D-N, I am sure you'll know a few of the people here - we might even know you. :eek:

4. Darth-Nash

Darth-Nash Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    What a pity, i really enjoyed those meetings. i recognize Adalia durron (sorry if spelt wrong). so hello to all those ex-parsec people out there :)

5. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    I don't know if you've trawled through all this board, but if you look in this thread

http://boards.theforce.net/South_Australia/b10630/15973397/p2

you'll see a link to this picture where you might see a few more recognisable faces :)

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You recognise me?!?! I Cripes!! hides behind DM Don't let him see me! :p ;)

7. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Hi all - first time post.

I for one am quite sad that PARSEC carked it. Myself and Steve and a couple of others put some thought into reviving it quite a while ago. Many good ideas were discussed, but due to my work commitments I couldn't commit.

I do however have all of the website stuff I did, and given that Episode III is coming out, a one off event would be great to have prior to the screening of the movie premiere. And I have all of summer to help do some organising.

Just a quick query - why doesn't the SA chapter appear on the Fanforce Oceana page? (http://fanforce.net/oz_nz/chapters.shtml) I only came across this forum by accident - I was actually looking into setting up an SA chapter on this board. Glad the hard work has been done!

Finally - hello to all of you who I haven't seen in a while. The photos of your gettogethers look, well, typcial of you guys' gettogethers ;). I hope everyone is doing well and Jen and I look forward to catching up with some of you again in the future.

8. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    G'day Oz-skipp - Good to see more crow-eaters appearing here :) I probably know who you are, but still scratching my head at the moment.

In answer to your question, well, Adalia-Durron asked the same question a few months ago, in the Victorian forum of all places :rolleyes:, and not getting a satisfactory answer arranged to get the South Australia board established. From what I can gather, you need to have a number of FF events before you become offical. I believe we've just recently done that, so the SA chapter details should soon be appearing on the Fan Force pages.

It would be good to see some of the old Parsec photo's again.

9. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    The biggest problem I have at the moment is that I never had a full archive of the photos on the site (didn't have a CD burner at the time and I only had limited HD storage). Given that I only took over doing the website late in the clubs history I only really kept local copies of the pages I did.

I've emailed Kern Internet (the old hosts) numerous times and even left a phone message a few months back hoping that I could get copies from them (they should have backups I assume). No luck. I'm trying to work out if they are obtainable from http://web.archive.org/ but no luck so far :( They seem to have the site up but no piccies. :rolleyes:

Doing a bit of research leads me to think Kern still had the domain up (but not with the site due to Parsec not being around to pay the internet bills!).

One thing I have noticed is that the other Australian FF groups have their own websites. I humbly offer my services to do one. Once my holidays kick in (6 weeks time or so). Lots to do between now and then. Grumble.

Edit: I've found some of the images archived. Looks like there are some good ones that can be salvaged. Like this one:

[image=http://web.archive.org/web/20020821040728/parsec.asn.au/AGM/9.jpg]

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome oz-skip, what Darth Meanders said was right......we needed three official meetings...ones that were announced here on The Force.Net that were open all members of the boards..... we are doing one this Sunday at Woodside...(see the thread on this page)... We have just had out three (a school festival in costume last weekend ) and I was told earlier this week that once the board moderator gets the time we will be made an official Fan Force here in SA.

11. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Sounds like stuff is happening again - excellent! Unfortunately I have several things on this Saturday night, including a Halloween party that night.

Next one maybe.

As far as the website goes, I'll get onto it. Once I've (a) finished work for the year and (b) once I've finished another website I'm working on at the moment.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Um....it's Sunday night.... ;)

13. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Oops!

Might have to go for a drive then on Sunday night.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    If you want to come along......shoot me a PM.....I've got all the details.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.