main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about a story idea.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    In what area of Fan Fiction would it be suitable for a story about Padme as Jabba's slave Girl? (During the Clone Wars to mirror Leia's fate.) Or is that treading inapproriate waters?

Mav Edit: Valary_Scot is correct with her answer and as always if you have a question about a particular part of your story please feel free to PM one of us with it. :) Since the question has been answered, I'm going to lock the thread.

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    During the Clone Wars? I would think Saga.

I don't know about the appropriateness. There's a thread around here somewhere with examples of where the lines can be drawn though.

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
  4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Indeed, Saga since it would be TPM time forward.

As for slave idea - slavery itself is okay. It's violent and/or sexual situations that you've got to watch out for. The stuff has to be "board friendly." That being said, some folks post a "cleaner" version on tf.n (here) and another version on ff.n. Generally, alluding to things, innuendo and stuff is pretty okay. The aftermath of rape is okay; not the act itself if you were thinking of going there.

The limits of acceptability might be found in the Rules of the JC link above.

Sheer humiliation and stuff is okay, I would think. Any questions, run them by a mod.

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Thank you for all your help!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.